Difference between L2 and L5?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
yea i noticed the torque is stronger...but i heard 4 cylinders run smoother than 3?...is that true?

Indeed 4 piston is smooth.. this 3 piston engine is not as what u see at Kelisa.. the engine smooth like 4 piston... just like got balancer inside.. never open it before.. will try to open it one day..he3
mileage clock 200k liao....

Anyway.. depends on u actually to use 4 or 3 piston.. somemore.. for 3 piston, normal kancil bonnet need to jack up if without airscope... too hot...

manader de sifu.... read from buks and wiki la...and learn from you la

EF-RL maybe the most powerful... but still I like JB-JL... smooth! :driver:
ha3 where got.. me riding ori le.. u riding G-Force monster d...:driver::thefinger:

Me will be changing to 4 piston one la one day.. old liao... not just want to use Auto but chain belt.. less maintainance...

Last edited:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
haha...im glad to see 2 sifu posting here and i really did manage to learn quite a bit of stuff. Anyway for kancil, how many different models were there? i noticed some are manufactured in late 90's and some are much newer like that of yours papagoines and this year it stopped production with viva replacing it.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
1st batch - like l2 bumper onli 660
2nd batch - belalang bumper thats where the 850 appear
3rd batch - vr4 grill 99' batch
4th batch - the latest one.. totally different head somemore 850auto come out in twincam.

thats all i knoe.. btw.. me kutu kecik onli.. compare to sifu papagoines:adore:.. sky and land (basement not land ha4)

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
haha...im glad to see 2 sifu posting here and i really did manage to learn quite a bit of stuff. Anyway for kancil, how many different models were there? i noticed some are manufactured in late 90's and some are much newer like that of yours papagoines and this year it stopped production with viva replacing it.
nope my engine still produced late 90s.... latest ones are the KF series found in Mira Avy or Viva as we know it...

Perodua VIVA still uses old engines like
660cc = EF-VE (EF block like L2/L5 3cyl but with VE head i.e. equipped wif DVVT mechanism)
850cc = ED-VE (ED block like my old engine but with VE head i.e. equipped wif DVVT mechanism)
1000cc = EJ-VE (EJ block like kelisa 1000cc but with VE head i.e. equipped wif DVVT mechanism)

1st batch - like l2 bumper onli 660
2nd batch - belalang bumper thats where the 850 appear
3rd batch - vr4 grill 99' batch
4th batch - the latest one.. totally different head somemore 850auto come out in twincam.

thats all i knoe.. btw.. me kutu kecik onli.. compare to sifu papagoines:adore:.. sky and land (basement not land ha4)
aiya mag.... pulling my leg... he's the bigger sifu than me

p/s: blalang style came in early 2003 maaa

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
thats cool...seems like alot of the engine parts of the kancil are interchangeable just like a old honda engines where they can use the different heads for different blocks... anyway i do not understand malay, could you all enlightenment me wat is "belalang bumper" and "kutu kecik"...

haha thx sifus! :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thats cool...seems like alot of the engine parts of the kancil are interchangeable just like a old honda engines where they can use the different heads for different blocks... anyway i do not understand malay, could you all enlightenment me wat is "belalang bumper" and "kutu kecik"...

haha thx sifus! :biggrin:
belalang bumper = actually refers to bumper used by last of the line kancil (kancil belalang) with round headlight.... here's a picture of my belalang :proud:

kutu kecik = i think sifu mag trying to say that he's a 'small fish' in auto modification...

MAG9556 = kutu kecik? find that very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very hard to believe :rofl:

Last edited:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
belalang bumper = actually refers to bumper used by last of the line kancil (kancil belalang) with round headlight.... here's a picture of my belalang :proud:

kutu kecik = i think sifu mag trying to say that he's a 'small fish' in auto modification...

MAG9556 = kutu kecik? find that very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very... very....very hard to believe :rofl:
actually its not small fish.. kutu kecik means small bug..smaller than fish but me even smaller than dust...:thefinger:he4:smokin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
actually its not small fish.. kutu kecik means small bug..smaller than fish but me even smaller than dust...:thefinger:he4:smokin:
aiya... sukati you la... tak kuasa i nak melayan :smokin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
soli la.. dun la like tht bro... joking onli... ok la.. me big fly la..hehehehehehe :rofl:
hahah gotcha! :rofl:

sorry aa... noobies wanna 'manja2' wif sifuu la huhuu

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ok la.. let us not to abuse yellow flash thread he la.....

Gotcha hitz FM..hehehee

so.. yellowfish.. had already decided to 4 cyclinder L501 JB-JL?
just ask if u need any assistance.. if we knoe it, we will try to help...

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

Gotcha hitz FM..hehehee

haha...ok thx bro, will ask for assistance if i need any! For now i'll just be looking around first kekeke, when the time comes i will ask you guys for advice but in the meanwhile i got lots of stuff to learn from you all...haha...:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Gotcha hitz FM..hehehee

..yes... sian kat yellowflash haha

...one more think yellowflash, you might wanna check kcarlife.com... a friendly forum for kcar owners... just one thing though, make sure you search first.... if couldn't find your answer then you post a new thread.. they tend to abuse thread about question that have been asked many times over

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
..yes... sian kat yellowflash haha

...one more think yellowflash, you might wanna check kcarlife.com... a friendly forum for kcar owners... just one thing though, make sure you search first.... if couldn't find your answer then you post a new thread.. they tend to abuse thread about question that have been asked many times over
ok thx bro...will check it out if i got any questions on k cars...hehe:biggrin:

Jul 31, 2010
penang
My daihatsu L5 EF-RL twincam...so far very less problem compare to my previous L2s engine..performance wise..the engine quiet smooth...

Attachments

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
My daihatsu L5 EF-RL twincam...so far very less problem compare to my previous L2s engine..performance wise..the engine quiet smooth...
wow... apexi tuu hehehe

EF-RL, more torque (104.93 Nm vs 100.03 @ 4k rpm) and more or less the same power but arrived earlier at 6.8k rpm...

at first wanna put EF-RL head to my ED-DE engine (konon mau jadi 850cc twin cam turbo)... but since my former engine leaking badly, opt for JB-JL instead

nice engine bro

Jul 31, 2010
penang
wow... apexi tuu hehehe

EF-RL, more torque (104.93 Nm vs 100.03 @ 4k rpm) and more or less the same power but arrived earlier at 6.8k rpm...

at first wanna put EF-RL head to my ED-DE engine (konon mau jadi 850cc twin cam turbo)... but since my former engine leaking badly, opt for JB-JL instead

nice engine bro
thanks you..JB-JL is not bad..its very pleasure and smooth when you driving long distance..
bad thing happen to my 1st engine...my car was exploded n on fire.. almost half of engine bay..,very sad...this is happen just after 1 day doing dyno...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thanks you..JB-JL is not bad..its very pleasure and smooth when you driving long distance..
bad thing happen to my 1st engine...my car was exploded n on fire.. almost half of engine bay..,very sad...this is happen just after 1 day doing dyno...
condolence for your loss...

mind telling what engine and what was the cause?

blades

Jun 2, 2011
Chiang Mai
Wouldn't the JB-DET be considered more powerful since it delivers the same power at lower rpm than the EF-RL? I beleive the torque is higher at 110Nm also at lower RPM as well.

I am interested because I am considering what engine to buy to replace my blown stock engine in my 1992 (Thai-built) Mira. Are these 2 mentioned engines fairly easy to install in my old L70? I am also interested in knowing which motor is considered most dependable. Thanks for any advice!

Or is the EF-RL considered faster because power/kg? Is it lighter than the 4cylinder 660cc?

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Wouldn't the JB-DET be considered more powerful since it delivers the same power at lower rpm than the EF-RL? I beleive the torque is higher at 110Nm also at lower RPM as well.

I am interested because I am considering what engine to buy to replace my blown stock engine in my 1992 (Thai-built) Mira. Are these 2 mentioned engines fairly easy to install in my old L70? I am also interested in knowing which motor is considered most dependable. Thanks for any advice!

Or is the EF-RL considered faster because power/kg? Is it lighter than the 4cylinder 660cc?
nope... that's telling that JB-DET is more comfortable to drive since the torque curve is flatter than EF-RL...

a buzzword for us malaysian kei-car enthusiast is "go 3cyl if want to sprint, go 4cyl if want comfort"

As per L70, I'm not sure since in Mesia we've only have experience L200 (kancil) only

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The toyota vios have got a mirror on the driver side sun shade and none on the passenger side.. I checked in a few chop shop and none hade the mirror on passenger side... Anyone can give me a solution? Or is there any other models that I can use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience