Difference between L2 and L5?

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Im ok with auomatic actually. Mines a auto anyway. My wife also would love very much to drive too

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
if im not mistaken, all jbdet comes with auto trans..
unless you can find a daihatsu copen's hafkat... it got manual option + it's got front-mount intercooler from factory :listen:

but finding those rather rare

....but then, JB-DET can use JB-JL gearbox pnp :idea:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
unless you can find a daihatsu copen's hafkat... it got manual option + it's got front-mount intercooler from factory :listen:

but finding those rather rare

....but then, JB-DET can use JB-JL gearbox pnp :idea:
Will just go for either EF-DET or JB-DET will do haha! I'm looking for Auto too.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
If wanna go fast takkan wanna safe fuel somemore haha.. well its not a daily so i prefer to have proper fuel that can maximise the engine than the engine to detune to take a less superior fuel.
Even on my daily im on 97 fully anyway so no much difference haha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If wanna go fast takkan wanna safe fuel somemore haha.. well its not a daily so i prefer to have proper fuel that can maximise the engine than the engine to detune to take a less superior fuel.
Even on my daily im on 97 fully anyway so no much difference haha
Mine not tuned but I add additives so that it can run on Ron95. Of course the additives have to be cheaper then running on Ron97 itself....:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Mine not tuned but I add additives so that it can run on Ron95. Of course the additives have to be cheaper then running on Ron97 itself....:biggrin:
mind sharing the additive name?

per my experience... in stock or mildly tuned, JB-JL does not knock if using RON95... but personally, the engine felt "lighter" accross the rev range when pumping RON97

either the octane, or maybe the additive in RON97 petrol that made a difference? :confused:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Ron 97 octane is very real, dont think u can ever get 95+additive to go even close.. id rather not risk such a fuel for my investment in the engine.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mind sharing the additive name?

per my experience... in stock or mildly tuned, JB-JL does not knock if using RON95... but personally, the engine felt "lighter" accross the rev range when pumping RON97

either the octane, or maybe the additive in RON97 petrol that made a difference? :confused:
Some additives from a friend who brought in and repack and sold me some in blank plastic bottle woh!
But now testing out vsafe. The ones tested by bro. Izso. If can run then will use this....:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Ron 97 octane is very real, dont think u can ever get 95+additive to go even close.. id rather not risk such a fuel for my investment in the engine.
If it can run without knocking then I will just carry on using.....:driver::biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i really think our mod cars can still uses 95ron, just makesure ecu remap is done to ensure.. but some guys run on 97ron becos they dont remap/tuning their car yet so this is to ensure less knocking..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
to my knowledge, only 2 daihatsu engine that needed high RON rating...
  1. Storia X4 = JC-DET 713cc
  2. Daihatsu Boon X4 - KJ-VET (destroked K3-VET) 1000cc

others were tuned for RON92 - RON95

so if you running mega boost + agressively advancing the ignition curve, go for RON97

if just playing with exhausts like me, RON95 is more than enough

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
oh.. i never heard of kj-vet..

i know high compression engine needs to use ron97..
so do high performance turbo engines... like subie and evos

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience