DC5 Technical Problems/Issues

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Guys, its time to change my serpentine belt(altenator punya belt).
Where i could find it and how much it cost?
FD2R punya belt can fit DC5 or not eh?
:adore::adore:
Bro,

Go to Exceptional at Glenmarie, and you can get it for around RM2xx.

XBREED

Known Member
May 13, 2008
Bro,

Go to Exceptional at Glenmarie, and you can get it for around RM2xx.
Bro, whereabout exactly is Exceptional at Glenmarie? Near to which side of Gelnmarie bro? Cheers

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Bro, whereabout exactly is Exceptional at Glenmarie? Near to which side of Gelnmarie bro? Cheers
From the traffic light junction turning into the area, it is on your FIRST left turn (along the road where NSS is).

You wont miss it.

MatK

Jul 8, 2009
guys, any recommended workshop in bandar sunway to fix/replace my front bumper dc5r facelift? thanks :)
what actually are you fixing? not sure about sunway area. but i repaired by cracked front bumper at a place in pandan indah. they can do customized body kit too and the workmanship is good. a friend did his gtt r34 to gtr bodykit with some fancy paintjob and it turned out nice. his from subang area and told me the price is at least 30% cheaper from what sunway offered. cheers...

lazybass

Known Member
Jan 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback bro, actually right side on my front bumper was torn around 3 inch after I hit small divider, I've been searching few area at sunway and subang workshop to fix back. Most of them said even they fix it, it won't long last. So now I decided to look for 2nd hand bumper that won't cost me $$$ getting an aftermarket one. :)

MatK

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks for the feedback bro, actually right side on my front bumper was torn around 3 inch after I hit small divider, I've been searching few area at sunway and subang workshop to fix back. Most of them said even they fix it, it won't long last. So now I decided to look for 2nd hand bumper that won't cost me $$$ getting an aftermarket one. :)
Ahhh... Mine wa bigger, more than 6in. The koyak on my bumper la.. I had it fixed for 100 bucks only. But paintjob another 200 coz had to do the whole bumper. If u want to check out the pandan indah place, call ah lee at 0166665544. Sure cheaper than getting the whole piece replaced... Cheers...

arsenalrox

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Was wondering if the senior members in this forum can help me out with some issues here.

I'm currently driving a pre fl dc5 type is non type r model with k20a3 engine.

Whenever I drive through a pot hole or over a hump I can hear a pop sound coming from the passenger side. If I drive pass a road with lots of gravel or stones I can hear as if my front suspension is about to come off....

Mechanic says need to replace the steering rack...is that true?

And my Aircon also going haywire...when I turn on the aircon to speed 1 sometimes it will not turn the aircon on and sometimes if on, it will suddenly blow out high speed air randomly....

Can bros here advise

Thanks

steviedevil

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Was wondering if the senior members in this forum can help me out with some issues here.

I'm currently driving a pre fl dc5 type is non type r model with k20a3 engine.

Whenever I drive through a pot hole or over a hump I can hear a pop sound coming from the passenger side. If I drive pass a road with lots of gravel or stones I can hear as if my front suspension is about to come off....

Mechanic says need to replace the steering rack...is that true?

And my Aircon also going haywire...when I turn on the aircon to speed 1 sometimes it will not turn the aircon on and sometimes if on, it will suddenly blow out high speed air randomly....

Can bros here advise

Thanks
About the aircond speed, you might have some problems with the aircond regulator. Ask any aircond workshop about it, they should know.

DCK5

Jun 16, 2010
KL
Im new here as DC5 owner. Anyone can share with me.. DC5 stock gearbox can do on-whele balancing or not??

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Im new here as DC5 owner. Anyone can share with me.. DC5 stock gearbox can do on-whele balancing or not??
Should be no problem...i did once on my car. Anyway i always go for normal wheel balancing.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
on wheel balancing is not suitable to apply on vehicle with LSD. if ur dc5 has a LSD, u will damage it.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

LSD gearbox i mean.

Sep 16, 2010
Sarawak
Hallo all

I'm driving dc5 for last 1+year. Want to share (and maybe some feedback)- when I start to rev up from around 100km/h, the body of the car feel shaky, until it reached around 120km/h, above 120km/h don't feel much vibration anymore. I have checked the wheel balancing, allignment etc, nothing wrong. Have you guys experience this?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience