DC5 Type R maintenance cost

carent9

Dec 30, 2009

I am looking for a decent DC5 which I plan to keep for a long time. Please do advise me on the maintenance costs expected (I heard need minimum RON97? True?).. What other stuff is there to look out for?

Cheers...

Rahman77R

Oct 16, 2011
Yes, minimum RON 97. Are you planning to take this DC5 to the track? If daily usage normal maintenance is more than enough.

Rahman77R

Oct 16, 2011
Would have preferred DC5R because it's got the looks but for handling & practicality FD2R is better. Another reason was because parents kept on insisting on me to get a 4-door.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

FD2R or DC5R better ?
In terms of maintenance like lubricants both are similar.

weird problem .....help!

sum problem tat occurs in my car today oni...roughly 1 week i never start my engine at all d,im using 63t evo...just now i went to warming up my engine....ok i let it run....until certain time...i ram my car lor by stepping fuel, if i ram higher....i can see sum smokes come out from my exhaust as well as when i release the paddle too..but when i let the car idle without ram....no smoke at all wo...!! ok....at first i tot of longtime never start d,maybe full...