WTA:dc5 type r engine mount

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
ive heard new OEM mounts are quite expensive. so you might want to look at getting aftermarket ones.

if you want a stop-gap measure for now, you could always buy some Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts (~RM200 - RM250) and have those put in first... it will help with the cracked mounts and also improve acceleration (because of reduced wheel hop).

i highly recommend them.

Last edited:

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
I just checked on the price. All 4 mounts would make you about RM1400 poorer. The most expensive one would the on the drivers side cuz it has got a pump.

Not too sure about the price of an aftermarket mount tho.

ilovemydc5

Known Member
Jan 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ive heard new OEM mounts are quite expensive. so you might want to look at getting aftermarket ones.

if you want a stop-gap measure for now, you could always buy some Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts (~RM200 - RM250) and have those put in first... it will help with the cracked mounts and also improve acceleration (because of reduced wheel hop).

i highly recommend them.
where could we get this Energy Suspension Motor Mount?

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
where could we get this Energy Suspension Motor Mount?
i got mine from Tung Chun Racing in Johor when i went down to install my Kiddracing Header. did it all one shot since they needed to get under the car.

i'm pretty sure the shops in Sunway would carry them. check with JC Racing or N1 Racing.

p.s. It's motor mount INSERTS. not a whole motor mount.

They look something like this, and fit INSIDE your stock engine mounts. They come in Medium or Hard. The Red inserts are the HARD ones.

You will experience some vibrations within the 1st week of driving, but these go away after a week...

Last edited:

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
I'm having some wheel hop. Macam sial when accelarate. I've checked my mounts and they all seem ok but may have turn soft.

Putting these will help?

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
May have to get a set too. Engine rocking like hell on the dyno. FYI, Hasports' are RM2.3k.
Just thought i'd start bracing the car so i can put the new found power to better use and start tracking the car.. Looks like a dyno queen you shall be for awhile me lady.. sigh..

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Ok, will consider them when I am changing to newer mounts. I have to eventually. Haha.

gixxer8500

Aug 31, 2010
Melaka
i fixed these engine mounts few months ago, much improved accelaration but added hell lotsa vibration when no gears engaged. duno what brand was mine but it was blue color. now i dont know whether its good for my car, cos the rear spoiler rattles so much i'm worried it might crack :confused:

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
i fixed these engine mounts few months ago, much improved accelaration but added hell lotsa vibration when no gears engaged. duno what brand was mine but it was blue color. now i dont know whether its good for my car, cos the rear spoiler rattles so much i'm worried it might crack :confused:
From reading on a few other forums, they say the vibration depends on how bad your current mounts are. My front ones are literally torn but now with the inserts wheel hops are close to none. Vibration is there lah but not as bad as my previous custom teflon mountings on my gti. Those were blue,custom made at Ngai Seng Engineering in USJ.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro call me n ask me to go n register shell card..wat?
ask me?for wat?
he say got RM 50 cash back + free GPS + everyday 8% rebates..a good deal now?
but i seldom drive car wat...ask me for wat?
he attracted by the GPS only la..so good deal?i dun think so lo...n you?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience