CCTV on LDP Highway

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
Dear to all ZTH member, i got this from a frend through email, to what extend the truth of this i dont know, just a reminder for all.

"Please note that the LDP highway speed limit will be monitored by the
CCTV. The speed limit is 90 kmh and if you go above that at 91 kmh, the
camera will auto record and pass to police. The few identified areas
where the CCTV is monitoring are as follows:

1) on the overhead pedestrian bridge in front of Kelana Jaya LRT
station, monitoring the straight stretch

2) Somewhere near Western Digital (CCTV might be on Western Digital),
monitoring the straight stretch in front of the Kelana Jaya Seafood

3) On IKEA, Monitoring straight stretch in front of IKEA and 1 Utama

4) On the double overhead bridge, monitoring the stretch between the
Puchong toll and the Federal Highway turnoff.

5) In the tunnel near SS2 (please note that the speed limit is 60kmh,
not 90 kmh)"

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
how can they determine your speed using cctv? they need infra red or radar speed detector to judge your speed. Onli polis diraja malaysia can use eye to judge your speed.

the reliability of the article you quote are not really make sense unless...they also have speed detector installed with the cctv.

In my knowledge, those cctv just use to monitor the traffic flow of the highway, just to observe if any traffic congestion/accident in those passage.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
how can they determine your speed using cctv? they need infra red or radar speed detector to judge your speed. Onli polis diraja malaysia can use eye to judge your speed.

the reliability of the article you quote are not really make sense unless...they also have speed detector installed with the cctv.

In my knowledge, those cctv just use to monitor the traffic flow of the highway, just to observe if any traffic congestion/accident in those passage.

yes 1 is radar type infra red type but new system is software....more power full...as this type now UK is using....

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
that email few years ago i heard oledi...

nothing also

until now also like that..no big deal..

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
All the above is true, but maybe there is a way, just an info only ma, maybe dangerous driving they can catch, anyway just be carefull

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
no worries, but i wonder what is it like in the cctv control room, do you think the people inside will focus on the cctv display all the time?

hehehe my imagination is, most of the time is Tea time...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Even nowdayz using GPS system also can detact how fast u go coz I have tried that day using my fren HP...
Once u reach to overspeed, your HP will ask u to slow down..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
thanks for reminding us about the cameras on LDP for about the... erm.... *thinking back*.... 1,985,345th time. :)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
360 Spider,
You've got 360 spiders, so who's got 720 scorpions? hehehehe Actually, I'm just crapping only. hehehe Just like what I always do in zth. haha

netmatrix,
Maybe one day, somebody will post, "Anybody has the video that was taken from the ldp camera, which shows 1 couple humpin in the car at the emergency lane"
hahahaha

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hei extrememech,
Wait till the day come lor..hehehehe..
infact my fren got once but touch wood to said till now i still safe...pui pui pui...:marchmellow:

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
If those cameras can really be upgraded to detect overspeeders, then i am 150% sure that the highway management has neither installed them nor initiated the system. ITIS uses those high pole cams to monitor congestion and traffic flow for now. When the system mentioned is in place, expect another RM0.70 raise in toll rates on LDP hahaha. Thats one hella way to find out eh? LOL

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
Bro i think, LDP got this speed sensor camera, coz anyone that had been driving using kerinci link will know, when you past that area, the sign board will show your speed and asked to slow down. The area that i refer is from kl to damansara using kerinci link on top of the flyover

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Yes camp, they could install speed traps everywhere. But then again the ones at Kerinchi is used to show you the suggested speed and your current speed. I have never heard people getting summoned going over 60km/h at Kerinchi before. Neither have i gotten any summons going over 80km/h there.

Its only good for highway operatore to create paranoia to drivers. Supposedly keeps 500hp minded drivers away?

But knowing there are no traps there doesn't mean its a good excuse to drive fast there isn't it?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Bro i think, LDP got this speed sensor camera, coz anyone that had been driving using kerinci link will know, when you past that area, the sign board will show your speed and asked to slow down. The area that i refer is from kl to damansara using kerinci link on top of the flyover
it's just a speed detector, calculate based on the the time your 4 tires pass the small bump installed on the flyover, it just try to warm you but no candy camera there to capture your beautiful drive. :biggrin:

bAbE83

Known Member
Nov 24, 2004
Visit site
hmm, it's actually true.
i went for translation at the Malaysian Highway Authority, in Puchong.
All highway operators monitor everything and you won't believe how many cameras are actually installed on the highways.

Went into the control center..you won't believe it, they watch every single part of the highway in Klang Valley..
LDP, Federal Highway, Penchala Link, you name it, they are there +_+

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i own a waja and i would like to modify it by putting some body kits....so can anyone help me out on some modified waja pictures so that i can have a rough idea on which one to choose...thank you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience