Calling the people with E-manage on their 20v.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I'm not aiming Hp gain or top speed with the e-manage. All I want is to reduce the sluggishness of the lower revs. I drove my friend's Perdana before & after the e-manage installation. I noticed quite a big difference in the responsiveness.

I also understand that different car will produce different results. That's why I'm curious to know if anyone has installed the e-manage on a BT with auto trans.

That's what I want, if I wanted Hp, I wouldn't have taken an auto trans in the first place lor, besides, I've another car with manual trans mar.... Hehehe.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I'm not aiming Hp gain or top speed with the e-manage. All I want is to reduce the sluggishness of the lower revs. I drove my friend's Perdana before & after the e-manage installation. I noticed quite a big difference in the responsiveness.

I also understand that different car will produce different results. That's why I'm curious to know if anyone has installed the e-manage on a BT with auto trans.

That's what I want, if I wanted Hp, I wouldn't have taken an auto trans in the first place lor, besides, I've another car with manual trans mar.... Hehehe.
Yup... I know your situation, you want more torque/pickup at lower RPM.
Perhaps, you should be the first one to test E-manage on BT auto. I dont think anyone here has done it before and only a few users here using E-manage on BT. In fact, not many 20V is powered with E-manage, thus the lack of info on the net.

On the other side, my tuner offered me RM2K for Protec standalone ECU + installation + tuning. Maybe you can consider this... but his tuning really suck!

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Yup... I know your situation, you want more torque/pickup at lower RPM.
Perhaps, you should be the first one to test E-manage on BT auto. I dont think anyone here has done it before and only a few users here using E-manage on BT. In fact, not many 20V is powered with E-manage, thus the lack of info on the net.

On the other side, my tuner offered me RM2K for Protec standalone ECU + installation + tuning. Maybe you can consider this... but his tuning really suck!

Hahaha. Bro PCMod knows me best ! I don't think I want to be a guinea pig just yet. Maybe I should just wait & see.

No confidence in the Protec lar

20V Quard Cam

Known Member
Sep 23, 2007
i ve one fren with just 4afe standard with A/T,aft he installed the e-manage,he can tapao my BT(A/T) with stock ecu. His pickup is vry horror till i miss 2 tiang far far away ='(

anyway,same as 2 old 2 rusty,my aim oso at the low-end-torque. It's a fact that BT is sluggish b4 3k rpm. I ve a fren he installed kinda stuff(i ve 4gotten wats the name) which installed inside the throttle,4 pieces..after installed really have a big big difference whn pick up.

but,wat i worry is,if installed the e-manage in the Bt,Should we upgrade other things such as sport piston or cam cz i tot if keep revving liddat the engine will kong vry fast.thx for guiding me =)

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
4AFE A/T + E-manage can tapau BT A/T stock? Perhaps you didn't floor it properly... lol
Anyways, the thing you install at the throttle is known as trumpet or velocity stacks.
As for installing e-manage, no need to change piston or cam... only turbo need to change all those components. However, having high-comp piston and higher-lift cam helps to improve compression and overall power delivery. E-manage can do way better on modded engine.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Ey, PCMod, I think I believe leh... coz maybe for the first 100m, the 4A-FE maybe infront of the BT lar. The BT auto's lower revs are really pathetic, I tell you, serious.

If you put the pedal to the metal; so to speak, at a traffic light duel, it's worse ! It'll "drown", you get what I mean, choked. It's better if you floor it gradually, then not so bad. That's why I said maybe the e-manage will be able to help tune it to achieve a better air:fuel mixture at lower revs to prevent it from choking when being floored.

ee90kl

Known Member
Sep 3, 2006
Hi,all bro.I'm using svt,hv install safc2 n auto timer on it.My question is,the a/f ratio show on my timer is it accurate?Can using it to tune afc?I hv try it b4,when i +fuel,it shown 12.++.More +fuel,it getting low.But after few second,it resume to 14.7.Izit o2 sensor feeback to ecu to make it that?How bout if i interrupt signal to ecu?N any problem if i do like tat?Another question,my svt is AT ecu with MT gearbox.Any diff between AT&MT ecu?I mean the setting n performance inside ecu?Thanks

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Standard 02 sensor is narrow band and it is not advisable to tune base on narrowband sensor,but u may use it as a rough reference.Basically you can use your ears to tell whether the mixture rich or lean,if u add more fuel,the rpm will rise but after certain point it will saturate,or even get back down again.Too much fuel the engine will feel heavy..Auto and manual ecu have different settings,mainly on the low revs..

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
emanage also got many rite ...how bout ultimate version ??? i plan to install also ...but need some advise ...i plan to do port and polish ...but dun know emange first or port and polish first...any idea?>

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
emanage also got many rite ...how bout ultimate version ??? i plan to install also ...but need some advise ...i plan to do port and polish ...but dun know emange first or port and polish first...any idea?>
IMHO, P&P first lar.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
e-manage first,port polish need to remove head,take a lot of time,and if done wrongly will damage the head,as well as the low end performance,p&p also not cheap...

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
but how much did the pnp cost mostly leh ???? i plan to do it myself wit my boss help when my next training ...any idea

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
If you do yourself then it's cheap,but it will take some time to do it nicely.Just spend money buying a few grinding stones and new head gasket (or a top gasket set)..maybe a few hundred RMs.Do not overport the 20v head,you will suffer low end torque..no point you get power gain at 7k-8k rpm but losing 1-3k rpm for a daily driver.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
Do not overport the 20v head??

i plan to do stage 2 port ....can i port the valve lubang to give more fuel in ...???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wan to FIX cd player myself ....

I would like to fix the cd player myself ...

i would like to get info and advice from sifu here ...
wat tools i need to ?
the wiring ?
and i duno how to remove the speaker in my door there ...
how to open tht cover ?

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience