calling all NZ'rs

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
hi guys,

was out for a cruise last night and thought i heard a massive boost leak. popped the hood this morning and had a look around and i have a 5cm split in my intercooler pipe above the extractors. i guess the heat and constant bulging finally got the better of it.

anyway im looking for a TD05 with lines, manifold, and dump pipe.

i allready have an intercooler and a piping kit will be here shortly.

i plan on removing the stupid top mount with its stupid pipes and putting on a front mount. the easiest was to do this is by putting on a td05. you guys proberbly allready know the replacement hardpipes for the top mount are stupidly expensive and your still left with top mount.

if anyone can help me out, knows anyone who has one or has some contacts, please let me know. if somone in malay has one let me know how much it would cost to get it here to nz and ill think about it, but its proberbly not worth the shipping.

thats in advance guys, any help much appreciated.

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yea. I figure i can do the swap for bout 700. Only 100 more than ur replacement pipes lol

Poacher

Known Member
Nov 21, 2012
Auckland, NZ
Get Evo 7/8 Td05, or Min. Td05 from an evo 5, but make sure you get a good one. Mine is an evo 5 and it was average condition. I regret it because it's the most important part (if replacing again i need to drain oil/Rad etc not a simply job). Evo 7 intercooler piping kit fits but you need to mod the Cold side pipe to fit (i ended up using an evo 5 cold side bottom pipe and an evo 5 intercooler which was quite small and fitting with almost no bumper cutting! :). It sits quite low though i am gonna try get a 6-700 length, 230-250 height and 65mm wide new one). I used STI injectors 565cc and updated the ECU. you also need a 2" 90° off the turbo additionally. And block one of the aftermarket holes in piping. I am in Auck if you need advice :)

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks for that. Ive been offerd a few evo 4 ones with lines dp and mani for about 400 on trademe but from wat i can tell need to dp off a 7 to fit the exhaust can you confirm this? Injectors can wait. I have a wideband and evoscan so can easily find my limit for now. Also have a aftermarket 7 intake pipe i can use.

Poacher

Known Member
Nov 21, 2012
Auckland, NZ
You need EVO 7 downpipe, evo 6 and under don't fit without cutting/welding. Evo 7 is straight bolt up.

I managed to use the original td04 intake pipe (took allot of squeezing) with my evo 5 turbo. I bought an evo 8 intake pipe but that is too big for the evo 5 lol oops.

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
So sitting in my garage i now have a evo 7 gta setup complete with most lines. Im guessing the oil return from the td04 will fit as most aftermarket kits cover all the tdxx series turbos.

Somone mentioned at some stage i would need to cut the evo 7 intercooler pipe kit and add a 45deg bend to clear the gearbox. Does somone have a picture they can show me?

Also the silicone peice from the outlet to the U pipe is missing. Can somone post a few pics so i know what im looking for?

The gta turbo has a diffrent compressor and smaller AR than a normal evo. Has anyone used one? Smaller exhaust side will mean better spool but thats about the extent of my knowledge. Can anyone decipher the specs?

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

drift spare parts

hi to all the drifter here, i want to ask want kind of thing, tools or parts u all usually change when u playing drift? tyre? cluth pat? brak pat or wat things?
can u all "sifu" give some opinions? coz i got japan can bring a lots of spare part back to malaysia

:X-:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience