Toyota Recalling 1mil Wish, Isis, Prius and others

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
to those who own a wish, isis or prius do take note!!

Toyota recalls 1 million cars globally

Tuesday 30 May 2006, 9:38am EST
<TABLE class=artUtilsTop cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=artUtils width="99%">

</TD><TD class=artUtils noWrap align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top>
</TD><TD class=artUtils vAlign=top align=right width=88> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
TOKYO, May 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. , the world's second-largest auto maker, said on Tuesday it would recall a total of about 1 million vehicles globally to replace faulty intermediate shafts and sliding yokes.
In a filing with Japan's Transport Ministry, the company said it would recall a total of 565,756 vehicles in Japan, including Wish, Isis, Prius and other cars built between September 2002 and November 2005.
A Toyota spokesman said the recall would also cover about 400,000 units overseas.
The company said it had received no reports of accidents from the defects. Toyota as a matter of policy does not disclose the cost of recalls.

http://today.reuters.com/business/newsarticle.aspx?type=basicIndustries&storyID=nT174775&imageid=&cap=

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
So guys, if our local cars ever have recall again, don't bang them for recalling and producing bad quality parts and so on coz it happens even to the biggest carmaker in the world.

jc@

Known Member
May 27, 2004
prodigy said:
So guys, if our local cars ever have recall again, don't bang them for recalling and producing bad quality parts and so on coz it happens even to the biggest carmaker in the world.

you might be very true with your statement, but hey people recall and make improvement. you'll be suprice if you know how many times i have change my power window and alarm failure in the past 3 years

d6d2

1,000 RPM
Sep 17, 2005
kl/ipoh
heard of toyota msia recalling back first batch avanza. dunno wat's prob. not sure ... some sort like gearbox prob ... got info frm my fren who owned an avanza.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
jc@ said:
you might be very true with your statement, but hey people recall and make improvement. you'll be suprice if you know how many times i have change my power window and alarm failure in the past 3 years
yup that is true... at least toyota would not be ashamed with mistakes and take instant action to remedy the problems regardless of the cost...u think like proton ark???got problem we have to tell the mechanics there...they check say no problem...but send to private foreman also say same thing...proton can never improve cause they got government support...never independant...after so long still sell iswara for a hefty RM35k plus...wtf old technology!!!i rather buy honda...or nissan...even if i can afford that much...at least it is worth the amount i paid for...proton i will never support....bye bye...u lost another customer...

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
Standing ovation for Toyota for such action taken. At least they feel responsible for the faults to prevent bad consequences. Unlike Mitsubishi (if i'm not mistaken) with their bad reputation since the case of vehicle defect cover up scandal. They finally admit after forced to do so.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
wait seminit, since when toyota became the 2nd largest automaker ? I thought they were always the biggest ?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
munky said:
wait seminit, since when toyota became the 2nd largest automaker ? I thought they were always the biggest ?
dear munky, since when?

toyota is ready to take over anytime in the future because GM screwed, but since the Toyota CEO in North American involves in sexual harassment.. now i dunno... :biggrin:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Toyota might already be number 1 now. They used to be number 2 when General Motors were selling cars like hot cakes in US.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Even if there was a problem with Toyota's power window, i don't think they will recall the whole batch of cars just to fix back the problem. They'd only recall back cars only if the part is vital and may cause a major malfunction or if faulty part concerns the safety of the passenger. It depends on the severity of the problem.

If Proton were to recall back their cars for the faulty power window, i think over 90% of the cars would be sent back to the service centre.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
prodigy are right, usually manufacturer recall back the unit because some parts or design may endanger the driver or passenger onboard, for example, BMW recal their 5(or 3)-series some time ago because a small device under driver seat may catch a fire under certain circumstances.

Or Mitsu give advice to Proton to recall Perdana due to the suspension issue.

superz

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
no doubt about it, even if there's fault in their car they dare to recall it and repair it.

does proton care if our power window screwed up so many times?

every car manufacturer has defects in their car, they screwed up sometimes..but hey, how many of them are willing to admit their mistake and provide a good after service?has proton ever admit that their car has lots of defects and actually try to improve it?NO.

till now they are still selling a 20 over years technology and dare to OVERCHARGE it.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
munky said:
if you havent heard toyota is "reluctant" to claim that title for now (foreign news, business analyst reports etc) as they are cautious of american carmakers buyer backlash.

They already shipped more car out now then GM. It's a sensitive issue with detroit carmakers (pride). Toyota is already trying to help GM from tumbling too fast down (example; they bought almost all GM shares in Fuji Industry ~ who owns subaru" amongst others). Backlash can be additional trade tariffs or somehing (trust the americans)

See Times mag / newsweek on "Made in America ~ Toyota" a while back. Toyota is not stupid to kill its biggest market, they already have more profit worldwide then the top 3 US makers combined.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know where can i install a RSM to my 2008 vios? (around Semenyih,Puchong Taman Kinrara and Sungai Besi) i already buy but don`t know where to install........please recommended me.......thx alot............
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience