"Caliber" ICE Product

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
Has anyone ever tried "Caliber" component set, amplifier, speakers or even woofers ??? I've seen alot of this product which goes for a good selling price around and have been really wondering whether does this product actually worth the money. They seem to really look good but I ain't sure if this brand of product is actually good and lasting. Do they sound good or just lame enough not to even think about purchasing it ? Anyone who've experienced or setup their ICE with "Caliber" product please do share your fair view about it.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
i just installed one 900W Caliber amp.....use it on a pair of Infinity component speakers.

paid RM168 for it. For this kind of price, i shall say that it's worth the money. clarity is there, no distortion. But of coz, you do not compare it with those expensive well-known amplifiers.

even those Jln Pasar amps are selling for this kind of price range in which i heard from feedbacks that these cheaps amps are a waste of money...either it overheats very fast (cut off) or it is not reliable.

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
So does it actually last long ? Do you think it would be good, if i set up my whole ICE system with Caliber brand ? I'm really thinking of upgrading my factory ICE setup for the Hyundai Accent which isnt really satisfying. Therefore I would have to budge on something like Caliber products for a good sounding and reliable system rather than the expensive ones. Will it be alright if i setup my ICE with Caliber amplifier, Caliber component set, Caliber speakers and whatever that has to do with Caliber?

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
i wouldn't wanna comment on other Caliber products as i'm only using the Caliber amplifier.

But of coz, i'm sure it would sound much much better than the factory setup.

again, how reliable...i dunno. But like i said, it's much better than those Jln Pasar products.
Ever use any amplifier that will cut-off after few minutes of playing?

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
Thanks for the comments and I'm sure it would be really helpful for me and for those who are seeking on a tight budget ICE. Any more comments from a Caliber products user would be really welcomed.

ahchun

Known Member
Jan 5, 2005
i saw at lelong, the caliber amp really cheap and thinking to het one also. so anyone that using it will be gratefull if can share with us what u think about caliber amp

Thanks

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
caliber.. u'll c a lot of sellers selling this brand in lelong.com.. my fren bought a set of components.. 6.5inch mid n tweeters la.. erm.. duno how it sound yet cos he din connect it to amp.. the quality of it? normal la.. for rm200 u get wat u pay for i guess.. for now the sound is just like his ori speakers.. a bit better i think..

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
menghua84 said:
caliber.. u'll c a lot of sellers selling this brand in lelong.com.. my fren bought a set of components.. 6.5inch mid n tweeters la.. erm.. duno how it sound yet cos he din connect it to amp.. the quality of it? normal la.. for rm200 u get wat u pay for i guess.. for now the sound is just like his ori speakers.. a bit better i think..
But this quality of sound is produced even before he connected the component sets to the amplifier ? Or after powering them from the amplifier? Just to make sure things...aight

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
so far he not yet connect it to amp yet.. cos no budget i think.. hehe.. so now the sound is just like ori speakers lor.. a bit better la. but i'm sure it'll be better if powered with an amp.. the only thing that i dun like is the tweeter.. like very cheap thing.. duno how it sound but once u c it.. u'll think that y not u pay more for something better... lol.

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
If that's the case then i certainly feel that the component set from Caliber will definetely sound much better after being powered by an amplifier. Anyway, the comments was really usefull, thanks alot

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I using a caliber amp also, from Lelong.com, I bought it around 200 plus shipping, 1000watt max. Not bad the quality even I use it to punch RF component and 4' JVC speakers. Worth it for 200. Anyway the amp is old model one. Cannot get anymore now.

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
Everyone's comments seems like the Caliber ICE product seems to be a value for money. I guess we cant start looking into Caliber for a good budget ICE system. Anyway thanks alot guys for the comments! Hoping for more comments though...

kanser

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
Undercity
I also use Caliber product which is 900 watts 2 chn power amp.
After install and bridge it to kick my Audio Focus 10" sub the sound
come very2 puas ati lorrr.Just want to say Caliber is value for ur money
If u interested on this item just jump to after market part ICE:In car
Entertainment forum and ask to the seller Joe. Also suitable to who want play ice
with low budget...........cheersss

reagan87

Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
Awesome reviews really from the users of Caliber ICE product! Looks like i would have to get my hands on it soon. Thanks guys for the reviews...more reviews are always welcomed

half_lif3

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
i hav a question
the 900 watts amp tat joe selling enuf power 2 blast
a 10 inch or 12 inch woofer?svc or dvc?
cos i wana get an amp...wan ppl comment ...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi do anybody know where I can get a workshop manual for a Proton Jumbuck 4g15p, preferably pdf, ebay have a few but shipping just takes to long, download or send via email will be better.

Regards Francois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience