best shops for ICE..

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
oldskolboyz said:
alot thing you need to think...

When you direct import from overseas, you only have item no: 5 & 9... pleased be remind warranty did not provide by MANUFACTURER but 100% Distributor Respondbility..
which means, distributor hv to folk out more money to retain the stock ... or send the amp for repair under their own cost ....
And that amount .... is a large amount of money ...

anyway, the guy seems to be holding his own view very very strong, maybe we should just go back to the thread discussion instead huh .. hehe

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Good estimation you have, but some are not true, as some cost is bare by distributor(1,2,3,4,6,7,9,11,12,13,15) and acc shops(5,8)
2. If every amp that sold to acc shops will send back for warranty and service, then this distributer will close down within 1 month already. But this is not always happen, less than 10% on average unless that batch really have problem. When this happens, distributor will not bare all the cost, but will send back to manufacture for warranty, the most is lost on transportation fees.
3. When submitting income tax, all the items above(1,2,4,5,6,7,9,11,13,15) is put under rebate as this is the cost for running the business. My wife is doing business now, so I know it. Unless a certain distributor is clever enough to give all his money to government.
10. As a distributor, sure he will charge a certain amount of money as he want to gain first. So if said the amp after all the cost is rm400, sure he will sell to acc shop at price of above rm400 and charge transportation fees to acc shops. So the cost for acc shop will be rm400+distributor's gain + transportation. Then acc shops will sell at a price that they will not lost.

built

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
dun flame me...

i think both of you are correct one way or d other.
but it's not helping our ah ling to decide which shop to go.

take it easy...

cheers

built

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Kippo said:
spending RM6k and get Rogers amp, edent spkrs & magnate amp are kind of too expensive for the money.

on kk lau, what is the model & brand of the amp, speakers & subs that the shop is offering?
kippo san,

i agree that RM6K at d first glance quoted by CV is expensive.
but, ah ling mentioned "inclusive of installation"...

perhaps, ah ling could also describe a little how the installation
is done and advice us the rca and speakers cables that CV had
offered. then we all can have our final say.

anyway, a rough estimate for the equipment alone is already
around RM4.8K - RM5.0K

cheers.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
6K budget ....
Assuming that is the max of the money he can folk out ..
for proper and nice installation, he got to take out following from his 6K budget
480 - carbon fiber for mid + tweeter
170 - normal speaker wires and rca (varies if go for better quality cables and rca)
100 - installation and tuning charges.
so, his total budget for equipment is limit to RM5250.

For a start, I would recom him to divert money to equipment then cabling, not that is not important, but better equipment first, and later if serious about ice, then only go into cabling .. then if really got extra money .. then proofing ...

my 2 cents ..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Since he got so much money to spend, as a newbie, he should list down all the things that he going to buy, start from HU till sub, what type of installations. As he go now is a 'pro shop', he should ask the first man to do the job, not the trainees to do the job. This is like when you step in to big restaurant and willing to spend more for a dinner, but will you ask the trainee that know less to prepare food for you?
Anyway rm170 for normal speakers and RCA cable is kind a too cheap, unless is 1 RCA and short lenght of wires used. This will normally cost rm400-500 for a 'pro shop'. As OFC wires is used what, unless he opt for red and black wires.
If I were him, I will survey more first before decide to buy a full Alpine set. I think he have the budget, but don't know what is his goal on ICE.

Last edited:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
devil said:
which means, distributor hv to folk out more money to retain the stock ... or send the amp for repair under their own cost ....
And that amount .... is a large amount of money ...

anyway, the guy seems to be holding his own view very very strong, maybe we should just go back to the thread discussion instead huh .. hehe
Last time laa, go to audit 2 or 3 our client company... that they answer with several black & white agreement... that why they create inhouse technical dept... repair & service done by them itself... but their technical ppl always forgoten about himself... after this company invest/spend afew thousand send/give them training/knowledge they left this company & create another company with provide repair & services... so bad... With their knowledge, they can manipulate alot thing.. let say.. your 2ch amp is Orion.. got 1ch burn.. if they can not find/get ori chip or capacitor to replace it... What they do.. they use others brand like RF or Alpine chip or capacitor with same value to replace it.. this can cost U double coz need change above ch (left & right) to make it balance...

All products bring to our market come with several agreement, just afew I remeber laa..

1) buy bundle at offer price but warranty at own respondbility....
2) buy bundle at distributor price + warranty, any cost repair/service manufacturer respondbility..
3) buy bundle at distributor price + warranty, only manufacturer allowed to repair .. this only on certain product.. normally very expensive product..

for Authorized Dealer also have several offer made by Distributor..

1) Buy 5 unit, got free 1 unit
2) Buy 20 unit, 20%-25% discount
3) buy 100 unit, price can nego (based per unit)
4) buy at offer price.. item sale not returnable

I'm oledi talk to much & alot secret has been spread.... I will stop here.. scared when I go home..somene waiting at my gate.........

kyheng, rebate only allowed on certain transaction & approved by Goverment like donation to register NGO, Cancer Ass, JKM, training organized by certain Intitution has been approved by Goverment (Only for Staff).. OPERATION COST is not under rebate or deductable component... Incometax is 28% from your Chargerable Income... after capital allowance adjustment.....

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Wah, thanks for remind me, so actually my wife is cheating IRB on this rebate on operating cost and other sponsorships. But 1 thing very funny is, when my wife submit the income tax form, all this can be rebate, start from rental till petrol, even cars also can get rebate. And IRB approves all the rebates, never reject. So is this IRB's mistake? That's why I ask in the first place what car they are driving?
On the offer price, there are other offer that will make the dealer and distributors take more, such as if can clear the amount within certain time frame, will get another 10%. Like pc printers, the company will give free flight tickets to dealer that take 1000 with cheap price but have to pay cash. Warranty is still there but for 1year. As now all the products in the market are very competative, so every dealer and distributor will try to get the supplies cheap and more companies setup factories in countries that offer cheap labours to reduce total cost in order to sustain their market penetration in market.
How I define 'pro shop'? In Seremban, those shops that are selling expensive brands and with people's atitude that work there.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Alpine, Rockfor Fosgate, Lightning Audio, Helix, Brax, MTX, Soundstream and other brands from Europe that cost rm1k and above. If more than rm1k is expensive and this is called subjective, I can only say either Malaysian currency drop already or Malaysians are very rich. As rm1k is a bank clerk's basic salary per month.

Last edited:

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
This is pathetic. KYHeng, maybe you should ask your wife to shut down her business & open an accessories shop. Everyone seems to be doing the wrong thing & selling at the wrong price according to you. Maybe you could be our Santa & we can get handouts & cheap cheap things from you. WTF are you talking about man? Shut the f**k up coz you're beginning to bore me with useless bullcrap. The guy asks abt the best installer, give him a straight answer. If whoever sells expensive or whatever, what can you do bout it? You can install? If you can, give the guy your address & tell him you the best & you sell stuff cheap. If you can't, shut up. Empty vessels still makes the most noise.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I'm not saying that everyone is doing wrong thing and selling wrong price. The point that I want to stress here is to survey more acc shops first before a decision is made. as high end shops will tends to sell more expensive than usual. Just don't want to let a newbie make mistakes and regret later on when other people get the same set from another shop with a price that is way cheaper than he install on this shop. If my postings are pointless and bored you, don't read, just leave it, no need to come out all the dirty words.

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
built said:
kippo san,

i agree that RM6K at d first glance quoted by CV is expensive.
but, ah ling mentioned "inclusive of installation"...

perhaps, ah ling could also describe a little how the installation
is done and advice us the rca and speakers cables that CV had
offered. then we all can have our final say.

anyway, a rough estimate for the equipment alone is already
around RM4.8K - RM5.0K

cheers.
dude, i said too much for the brands that he will get i.e. Rogers amp, magnate amp. If i'm going to spend 6k, i wont get those crappy brand.

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
KK lau is a professional, so no matter how expensive they sell, there will be still lots of potential customers.. no point going to those pro places to get them install if u r just a ordinary budget minded consumers.. persoanlly i would recommend my friends to use pioneer.. my HU has been with me for 5 years and i play CD-Rs everyday.. and yet it still functioning.. no doubt on and off, it does skip when i get into a deep potholes.. all in all, in terms of pricing and quality, pioneer is very good.. none of my friends have been complaning about any problem even since they started using it.. so think about it lo... alpine is for rich ppl la.. u want good alpine HU? prepare to pay more.. the phamton face or the F1 status wan is very cun!! price? 3K for the initial wan and 10K for the latter wan.. haha...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to rectify a defected paint, plenty of swirls from car wash, Random deep scratches got from others car & heavily oxidized & water marks

for rest of it i have shifted this to
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...84-bmw-5-series-just-details.html#post4032601

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience