best shops for ICE..

linges316

Jul 19, 2005
Cheras, Sel.
i am going to purchase ICE very soon....been to:

- KK Lau - they won so many awards but they were just pushing a complete Alpine system and it was very expensive

- CV Audio - they are just down the road but the service was excellent and i was offered additional monoblock for the same price

i just wanna know if there are any other shops ex. in Balakong where i can get the parts for cheaper and more value for money....

PS - i don't plan to buy things online.....

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
To win 1 award, more or less the cost to win the award is 10(cost) to 1(award) like what Ferrari done for the pass few years.
So who will pay for the cost of winnng the award? Is it the acc shop? No, is us paying for it.
Basically, high end shops = cut throat shop, midlle end shop = value for money shop. Anyway 1 set of ICE does not cost so much, only the distributer and the acc shops fry it high.
If you want to buy certain amps, HU or whatever, the best is search around other forums and look for review. Or you can survey some other acc shop and ask them to qoute you a system, give them a price and they will do the job. Now an basic ICE that can play mp3, sub and components will cost from rm1500-2500 where a normal shop can offer you. High end shop? Don't make them lough you, sure will burst your target.
Cannot deny that Alpine and Eclipse HU is good, but overpriced and the faceplate too dull or too bright. I will suggest look for pioneer, it can be as cheap as rm300 and the faceplate is nice and not too bright.
The most important part is don't let people's word or opinion influence you. You must know how much you want to spend and don't regret after buy it and some people says that your system is bad because using some midlle range products, not branded like Alpine, Helix or others sky high price products. If you are this type of people, then is better to save more money and let the high end shops to cut your throat.

Last edited:

built

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
linges316 said:

- KK Lau - they won so many awards but they were just pushing a complete Alpine system and it was very expensive

- CV Audio - they are just down the road but the service was excellent and i was offered additional monoblock for the same price

i just wanna know if there are any other shops ex. in Balakong where i can get the parts for cheaper and more value for money....

why not?

there are also, KF audio and ACP both in PJ area.
except for KF, they have another branch in KL.

"cheaper" - unless you know the stuff, becareful of fakies.

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Balakong to KF Audio (Aman Suria) not to far if you use Puchong road.. or Just go to Cheras, SoundQuest (Jerry).. For me High Shop more cheaper than middle shop.. Why ? .. If you are in Finance world .. you should know, WHY.. I oledi survey all around Klang Valley.. so I know which shop is cheaper.. but some stuff not much diff laa... Tuning chargers may cost more or less depend on your stuff... Not many ppl can do... Where I go to middle end shop.. I ask them can they tune until sound can hear exactly at center on dashboad... the answer very funny 1.. U NEED A CENTER SPEAKER to get it done... Price some maybe diff to much around RM400-RM1K...

Just my advise, go to High Shop & audit their customer car (must system within your budget laa).. After that you go to middle end shop & do audit also.. Last Go home & think laa... why ppl call them High Shop & Middle class shop... coz of Selling Price, I don't think so.. I know Middle class shop can not buy alot high end stuff at 1 time coz they know can't sell it in short period.. but diff with high end shop, they buy alot at 1 time... some stuff they bought it more than 50unit at 1 time... from finance view <5unit vs >50unit... which 1 is cheaper ...............

This example my stupid frend when they do comparison....... Go to high end shop survey Genesis amp... Go to middle class shop survey kenwood/xplode amp.. FxxxxxxxxxxKxx... Roll Royce Vs Proton........................... come to me & said the high end shop mau potong kepala dia..........................

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
So you mean that high end shop can come out a full alpine system from HU that can play mp3 till 12' DVC with budget of rm1.5-2.5? Which shop is it? I want to go.

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Just my 2cents... When High End shop charge >RM300 just for tuning, ppl will said potong kepala... >RM500 just for design, ppl also said potong kepala... Pleased bared in mind... Don't go to far to find example... just look at our self... When we apply a job, we demand Higher Paid due to our acknowledge, experience, credibility & etc coz that our strenght.. true is't... Go back to ICE... They charge us based on their exp, skill, acknowledge & etc... so it fair is't... Only selfish ppl will said they charge based on Throphy inside their shop...

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
whichever installer u choose.. the most important thing is workmanship
excellent workmanship deserves premium charges
as for prices of goods, can survey here & there but at the end it all boils down to who's the installer.. no point if stuffs are reasonably priced but workmanship sucks
most reputable brands have entry level components, which are affordable.. just spend within budget & u won't go wrong.. if your demand are higher, try go for reference series, whichever good brand u choose u'll be satisfied.. using the best component, amps, sub, do not guarantee top notch sound

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Wah, now I become selfish people, I don't mind if you say like this. But before you flame me, how do we demand for high pay when applying jobs? By mouth talking? No right? By the paper or awards we have, if without this can we demand high pay? Same to ICE, if that shop don't have all the awards, will people know that they are good? Can they charge expensive? The skills also by mouth talking? Come on, don't make people laugh how stupid are you, is still the same thing, looking for job, selling ICE or whatever things that have money transactions. Is all the same for nowadays, in this society. People won't know if a certain product is good without a paper or cert.
Back to ICE, who will not know if spend rm10-20k for ICE can get a so-called good system. But some people tends to have low budget or only willing to spend a certain limit. Is it always buy high ends product can come out good sound? This question will not have an exact answer, it is more towards individual's taste.
Some middle range acc shops also can gives us good sound if tune properly within a certain budget.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yeah correct, workmanship is the most important part in ICE or other things. But on workmanship we cannot bargain too much with them, as end up they will simply do the job with you. I have a friend that wanted to do wiring on his new house, and get a quatation. The contractor demand for rm1.5k, but my friend try to cut down the price. End up settled at rm1k. So when they start the work, all the problem comes out, like this light cannot put here, have to put other type of lights. End up my friend have to take out another rm500. In ICE also the same, when we try to cut down the workmanship price, some wires will come out or some car screws will left over after installations as result. This does not only happen in middle range shops, high ends shops also got, got a member here experienced this problem in the high end shops.

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
linges316 said:

bro..
i need ur help..

can u give me adress for kk lau shop

or any recommend for other place in cheras or anyshop near in my place pandan indah??

anyone caan help me..???
:cry_smile:

linges316

Jul 19, 2005
Cheras, Sel.
kyheng said:
So you mean that high end shop can come out a full alpine system from HU that can play mp3 till 12' DVC with budget of rm1.5-2.5? Which shop is it? I want to go.
in KKlau, The Full Alpine system (1 HU(9847), 4 channel amp, pair of 2 way speakers and 12" sub)
- cost(inc.installation) - RM5750

in CV Audio, (1 Alpine HU which is 9856, Rogers 4 channel amp, pair of Edent 2 way speakers, 1 Magnate Monoblock and 12" JL Audio Sub)
- cost(inc. installation) - RM5950

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Should put the brand name for speakers and amp. Anyway what is your budget? If around rm2k, sure this 2 not your choice.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
AFAIK...

trophies also does not signify their greatness or their throne in the ICE world. So what if he has tonnes of SPL trophies when what you aim is SQ? How we know that the items in their car is their own or sponsored?

one top ice shop in seremban claims he spent this amount or that tons amount of money on it's demo car....this la that la...but then see see actually he responsible to pasang the items only nia...other items SPONSORED by the supplier...apa lah...

my suggestion as a newbie who kena sotong before...listen to the CUSTOMER's car! not their demo car...wasting time only you listen to their own demo car cos you sure know the cost of the whole thing. try spend more time in a ice shop rather than just asking price and request for a demo in customer's car...most installers i know are more than willing to show you their customer's car.

try to ask advise from the installer as well...most of them also willing to share some info and advise (please do not misinterpret advise as sales pitch)..some quote like: this setup should suit your taste is more like an advise than: take this set la...i offer you good price...sure power one...

hehehhehehehehhehehe

my 2 cents....i also a newbie trying to find his way in ICE world.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yo Miton, you also stay in Seremban? Which shop you mentioned? I have been to some, 1 of them is Great in Jalan loop, all RF products only. The sound is great as claim by him, but I only can listen to it for 5 minutes, the sound too sharp. The total cost for that setup was rm25k. I can see some awards also hanging on the walls, all more than 5 years. Is pass, not recent.
The best is listen to other customers car. But sometimes is abit hard to get and even will burst our target. This is the potential problem we have to face.
They sure willing to share info with you and at the same time will try their best to poison you.
In Seremban, basically acc shops divided to 2:
High end 1 will always say this is speaker can only come out good sound when pair with this amp without touching the money. When you decided to buy it, then only they will come out the price and you get a shock. Workmanship might be good with all the fiber works, but when send for repair something in the car, the mech might get mad because too hard to open up certain parts.
Middle range 1 will always ask you the budget first, then will work around the price you said. When install only say forgot to include this or that. End up you have to come out another 10-20% from your budget. Workmanship might not be good(some wires can see drop out). But when comparing the price between 2, might have a very big gap.

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
linges316 said:

Every accessory shop provide different special offers. Business are catered according to the demand. So, as example, KK Lau is more towards Alpine products since they are able to source these products cheaper and hence morelikely to push for this brand you see. I will say that you should draw yourself a budget and then think about what you can buy with that amount. No manufacturers can claim they are the best in all the ICE offerings. Some people say Sony, Kenwood are lousy but they are meant for the mass market and to most people I think they actually satisfy most casual listeners unless u are one hardcore audiophile. Go to large accessory shops (Brothers & Eneos,but poor installation services) and survey for the price before u leap. I will say ACP, KF, KK Lau do provide good installation services. Soundquest is not bad but be prepared to be 'sotong':mouth_closed: I spoke from my experience, that they will comment this no good that no good and finally u end up by paying thousands upgrading this and that. Lucky, I join mycarhifi group and I save myself one thousand( the cost of tuning merely). I got the result that I want. Think properly and set yourself an objective what u want in your system as ICE is a never ending quest to achieve your ultimate nirvana. You buy cap ayam you get cap ayam sound. Tuning can only optimise but not correcting deficiency.:shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It has been reported before that Nissan is working on both a club racer and a V-spec version of the GT-R but we never really knew whether they were different models or the same with different names till now. Something like the Porsche GT3 and the GT3-RS, the two zilla's are both very different beasts and that the V-Spec variant will be similar to previous versions. A 220-pound weight reduction...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience