B18C or B20B

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
WalBro(Apexi) said:
vrooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!!PLAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hi Walbro

Your RM products does really look good. But currently budget constraint. My mechanic willing to lend me the Toda C and springs for this project.

Anyway the RM M24x and M25 seems pretty high.. Will it deliver more power than Jun 3? I have used Jun 3 on stock engines before and power is very nice with stock compression. What would the price be including springs+retainer?

Also can buy just retainer+springs only? Price?

Just want to know so next time can budget myself.

Thanks.

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
chris2000 said:
Thanks to all sifus here.

After very much consideration and current budget constraint, I will go for Option 1.

It will be:-

B18CR engine + B16B Pistons + Toda C Camshaft + all necessary parts + Re-Chipped ECU

I will be using my old Greddy E-manage taken out from my previous car and use it in this project to fine tune it. Really hope to go Microtech or Hondata but thought better save the money and buy only when I have enough budget to do a B20 next year.

Will be sending my car to my mechanic this month end. Wonder how much ponnies I can get out of this setup and how long it can last.

Also anyone know who can tune a Greddy E-Manage properly in KL? My mech told me there is someone who comes up from JB to tune cars and had been pretty good so far with his customer's cars.

just my 2 cent with this setup B18CR engine + B16B Pistons + Toda C Camshaft + all necessary parts + Re-Chipped ECU u might hit 185-190 ++ whp but it all will depands on your mehanic skill in assembling the engine and tune the e-managed....

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
B18CR engine + B16B Pistons + Toda C Camshaft + all necessary parts + Re-Chipped ECU

acheivable ler, chris2000 drop in a good gear ratio also ler

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Little Monster,

The problem with mech is he is only good at mechanical mod like engine assembly, cam setting etc but he can't do electrical tuning like ecu. Cause during is olden ATCC days all this programmable ecu or piggyback was not allowed, henced he never got around learning it. That is why he ask me to get a ecu tuner myself to maximise power and relaibility.

Zero4,

Hope can achieve good reliable power. I already running ATS 1-5 gear with 4.4FD.

mugen9

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
i don't know why some of my friends like to use Toda C...

for me...might as well i use typr-r cam...as of the price for toda-c

might as well i get Jun-3....because why,the power from toda-c

not as power as i thought...same opinion as my 'pomen'

just my 2 cents....no flame...

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
mugen 9 u aren't flaming, a lot of ppl say the same too, why toda, just use type r camsloh, for that price, get jun 3. but then again, different cams benefit different setup, maybe a toda c will help a b20b more compare to jun 3. hard to say one sometimes.

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
We need to do some comparison between ctr cam/jun3/crower3/todaC ........... hehh hehhhh then we can differentiate it....let's start with zero4 and mugen9.....

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
avantasia humble lah, running b20b block with type R head and crower cams, senyap senyap jeee, mana free nasi goreng ayam saya nieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i go steal ur hoood

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
hi..sorry to interrupt.have anyone here ever experience using the skunk2 stage 1 or 2? its power curve and output are quite good.never tried the toda or jun yet.but for a reasonable power i think ITR or CTR cams are the best value for money. for a b20b conversion, revving higher than 8500 rpm,a block girdle would strictly required. from what i read from a reputable honda site stating that it's mandatory to use the girdle on a b20 conversion if playing high revs (of course we need everything else).i believe that because bent a b20b crank once..hehe..not good.for me if we play b20 setup,the ef9 vtec g/box is 'ngam' because the torque of b20 and summore we rev only 8-8500rpm only..so need the 'lajak' for the gearing..if we go for 10-11000 rpm short gear ratios are good because we got the 'lajak' from the high engine rpm..my opinion only...and my 2 cents..cheers

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
i belief some are using skunk 2s, but so far i dunno what are the feedbacks. yeap, b20bs are mean for torque-ky setup, so if toda c got superb mid range power, b20b with toda C should be a good combo, white jun type 3 with b18cr should be sufficient enough.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
just wondering....a stroked up B18CR block to 2.0L vs a done up B20B block....whc is actualy better?....just curious....coz u can get 2L frm d B18CR block via stroker kit,but u can't really get high-rev/racing reliability frm a B20B block,rite?cause it was never designed 4 VTEC application in d 1st place...
hmmmm.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:smile: ..i just change my stock turbin to AR60 twin blade type..but the prob is..its seems like my fuel pump cannot support enough fuel...so , anybody can help me what the cost of gtr fuel pump @ others suitable pump & the cost...pls assume me as a newbee in the turbo world, btw the machine is rb20det/manual...tolong ye abang 2X.. :dancing2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience