B18C or B20B

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I just want to get some opinions from the Honda Sifu here..

I'm running a B18CR engine lighten, balanced, with ported mill heads, CTR cams and a rechipped ecu and the last time I dynoed many months ago was only about 175 to 180whp.

I planned to get more power like 210 to 220whp but want it to be realible for consistent revving up to 9000rpm.

I have got mixed suggestions and rather confused what is the options. Suggested option to me was:-

Option 1
-----------

B18CR Block + B16B Pistons + Toda C / Jun Type 3 cams and valvetrain
Rechipped ECU tuned via Greddy Emanage

Everything else stock B18CR

Concerns here is that some said the Compression ratio will be damn high like 13:1 so won't last, some said if Toda C used then ok cause static CR drop. Very Confused.

Option 2
-----------

B20B Block + B18CR crank + B18CR Rod + Forged 85mm Piston + Toda C / Jun Type 3 cams and valvetrain

People say this setup give much more power due to the increased capacity and can still rev higher than std B20B stroke but still not as high as B18CR. They rev limited to 8500rpm only. The main concern is realiability.

Option 2 obviously seemed the most power due to increased capacity but the cost for the B20B is also way more costly. I don't want to spend so much money just find myself blowing the engine as soon as I head down to sepang.

Very confused... Anyone mind to share with me their experience with their setup similar to the above..

Thanks.

Chris

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
in your case, better opt for:

Option 1
-----------

Concerns here is that some said the Compression ratio will be damn high like 13:1 so won't last, some said if Toda C used then ok cause static CR drop. Very Confused.

drop in a microtech LT-10s if u can

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Properly done, a b20 can be made reliable...
change the con rods and its bearing to after markets ones, get oils squitters, a block guard, have the engine (crank especially) balanced, and you'll be fine... also remember that with a b20, you don't need 9000++ rpm. All the action happens before 8000 rpm anyway.... :wink:

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2005
Perak
zero4 said:
in your case, better opt for:

Option 1
-----------

drop in a microtech LT-10s if u can

get the rocket m22 and gen 2 valve train with life time warranty and better price sure with better gain.and hondata will rock ur B18C-R!or a chip from rocket motorsport.check the new 200whp omiman stock block b16a how they build the motor.remenebr omiman run m22 in his project!Thanx!

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
WalBro(Apexi) said:
get the rocket m22 and gen 2 valve train with life time warranty and better price sure with better gain.and hondata will rock ur B18C-R!or a chip from rocket motorsport.check the new 200who omiman stock block b16a how they build the motor.thanx!
vtec[rock] ????

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2005
Perak
crower75 said:
yeah man...where the hell is vtec[rock] ??? so long haven't seen him around here

hahaha..vtec[Rock]?u all so miss him?remenebr if u run RM u have warranty.jun and toda u broke u paid.jun3 and toda-C is very good but rm is same or be better.tat is wat RM offer us.thanx!

Last edited:

spoonsir

1,500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
KL
Bro when u put b20, u have to go to the source, which is the sleeves of the block.
If u put aftermarket pistons....its material will not match with the CRV block cause it is not a race spec block like the B18C 98 spec. 2 options...either u resleeve ur block with an aftermarket sleeves or use a B18CR 98 spec block. All the best....n don't forget ur 4 throttle...hahaha

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
WalBro(Apexi) said:
sorry.he is nop around.sorry!he in penang now declar the rm cam coming back later.Thanx!

then ...u must be his sleeping partner???

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2005
Perak
SePaT said:
then ...u must be his sleeping partner???
yup.this guy is crazy spend so many in his car!the car always have the problem....he beat 4G93T GSR turbo blow the engine 3 months ago.wtf!!heheehe.he is nicce guy but just suka potong pll money.he wan save.tat is wat he will do.but his heart is good and nice.tat all.....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I installed fire king to my car...

Any 1 else installed this thing n came across any problems?

YouTube - Test 1 (Fire King)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience