B18C or B20B

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
option 1 did b4 but not using type-r crank or con rod just B16B 81.25 piston ... the rest all B18C stuff with B16A head and toda cam managed to get 166 whp and torque is around 18.9

option 2 the specs sounds great but the block not done in a proper way the engine would not last

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
zero4 said:
HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH

sepat, he answer yes somemore

the way he put th word after the full stop without space before starting with new sentences reminds me the same way ah tiong did last time.. ngeh ngeh ngeh

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
little_monster said:
option 1 did b4 but not using type-r crank or con rod just B16B 81.25 piston ... the rest all B18C stuff with B16A head and toda cam managed to get 166 whp and torque is around 18.9

option 2 the specs sounds great but the block not done in a proper way the engine would not last

lemme guess little monster..

u aint on any of the above categories.. so i assumed that more than 220 ponnies now sittin in your engine bay ngeh ngeh ngeh

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks for all your guys feedbacks.

It seems like alot more need to be done to get a B20B revving high... Hmm.. But we always hear in US guys running 2L and all revving 10k rpm.. If I built a economical B20 and cannot rev above 8500rpm (though most things happen below that due to the torque), I think really no fun le.. Considering Honda Vtec are design to rev high..

So if I go Option 1, will B16B pistons yield too high compression causing detotanation and also make it not reliable? What about valve to piston clearance, do you think its going to be difficult for the mechanic to set??

As for ECU, I know Microtech and Hondata is good, but from my experience, it is how good the tuner is rather than the product. I can't seem to find one ECU tuner i really confident with tuning fully programmable ECU.

Like Hondata I was actually pretty interested in the S300, but just don't know who can tune them properly.

Still confused..

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
chris2000 said:
Thanks for all your guys feedbacks.

It seems like alot more need to be done to get a B20B revving high... Hmm.. But we always hear in US guys running 2L and all revving 10k rpm.. If I built a economical B20 and cannot rev above 8500rpm (though most things happen below that due to the torque), I think really no fun le.. Considering Honda Vtec are design to rev high..

So if I go Option 1, will B16B pistons yield too high compression causing detotanation and also make it not reliable? What about valve to piston clearance, do you think its going to be difficult for the mechanic to set??

As for ECU, I know Microtech and Hondata is good, but from my experience, it is how good the tuner is rather than the product. I can't seem to find one ECU tuner i really confident with tuning fully programmable ECU.

Like Hondata I was actually pretty interested in the S300, but just don't know who can tune them properly.

Still confused..

there is one good tuner for hondata here, but sadly, i cant remember the name, i will post here once i get his name. microtech you can always look for joshua, so far, he is famous for tuning microtechs

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
SePaT said:
lemme guess little monster..

u aint on any of the above categories.. so i assumed that more than 220 ponnies now sittin in your engine bay ngeh ngeh ngeh
hahahaha... yah yah i am driving a 2L ... but onli 150bhp on flywheel.... ekekke i guess tats good enough for a stock CRV hahaha

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
zero4 said:
in your case, better opt for:

Option 1
-----------

B18CR Block + B16B Pistons + Toda C / Jun Type 3 cams and valvetrain
Rechipped ECU tuned via Greddy Emanage

Everything else stock B18CR

Concerns here is that some said the Compression ratio will be damn high like 13:1 so won't last, some said if Toda C used then ok cause static CR drop. Very Confused.

drop in a microtech LT-10s if u can
what is the estimated atw hp for this setup? n the b20 as well...

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks to all sifus here.

After very much consideration and current budget constraint, I will go for Option 1.

It will be:-

B18CR engine + B16B Pistons + Toda C Camshaft + all necessary parts + Re-Chipped ECU

I will be using my old Greddy E-manage taken out from my previous car and use it in this project to fine tune it. Really hope to go Microtech or Hondata but thought better save the money and buy only when I have enough budget to do a B20 next year.

Will be sending my car to my mechanic this month end. Wonder how much ponnies I can get out of this setup and how long it can last.

Also anyone know who can tune a Greddy E-Manage properly in KL? My mech told me there is someone who comes up from JB to tune cars and had been pretty good so far with his customer's cars.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Swiss watchmaker Tissot celebrates 10 years of being the official timekeeper for the MotoGP championship this year. In conjunction with the occasion, Tissot has also launched a limited edition version of its T-Race line, dubbed the Tissot 2010 T-Race Nicky Hayden Limited Edition...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience