ATF cooler (CVT in particular) discussion

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
In that case, if proven problem will be solved, than now it's the option that matters rite? By u'r POV bout the cooler, IMHO, the single tube should do coz at point of exit of the cooler the ATF have the cooler temp entering back the gb. y, coz the ATF route to exit is longer so the cooling proses is longer.
Not really. The length of the routing is about the same length as the stock routing. I think the only thing that might be lengthened is the path within the cooler itself. The stock cooler is just one straight tube.

TS question is not which is cooler but which one not so restrictive in atf flow.....
Flat but multi tube or round but single tube?:smokin:
Exactly. I'm also trying to find out which one will have an effect on my car, constant oil pressure or a reduced oil pressure will affect the performance of the GB.

Where's Bro Izso, Have he made his mind for this thread??:confused:
Not yet decided. Just FYI, those tube coolers have fins inside the tube themselves, so in terms of pressure loss, those fins will bound to affect the pressure to some extent but cooling wise it'll probably be as good as stacked coolers.

Dammit. This is just a cooler. Why so difficult.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not yet decided. Just FYI, those tube coolers have fins inside the tube themselves, so in terms of pressure loss, those fins will bound to affect the pressure to some extent but cooling wise it'll probably be as good as stacked coolers.

Dammit. This is just a cooler. Why so difficult.
Inside the tube got fins? Then flow is not good?:confused:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Wahhhhh.....Just a simple ATF cooler also so much to think about.....Looks like modding car not easy.....Bukan main pasang saje....

Correct me if im wrong but to me i think the Fin type will cool better (fluid spread out to little fins faster to cool) but flow is slower and the tube will cool less efficient but flow better. I just use my imagination on how the fluid will flow. Example, the tube type is like those curly straws. If you put fluid through it, its all one way. Go straight, then left right left right, habis. The fin type, from fluid entry point, have to travel through the other little fins (i.e. like in male toilets those open urinal where guys stand in a row to piss, u notice how the flush doesnt really come all at once. Nearest to the water tank hose comes out first, follow by the rest), then after travel through the fins , have to travel back to the exit point (bottle neck effect).

But then again, this is just base on the assumption if the tube type, is empty inside. But if inside tube got fins, then i dont see very much difference. Depends on how much fins the tube have.

If all same, then i go for stacked fins type (if can fit my car), coz it looks nice...Hahahahahahah

Just my humble 2cents worth ya......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
ya la bro...
plug it in and if u dont feel good,put it up for sale in here.
i know people will fight each other for your used cooler.

come to think abt it,why dont u go for the easiest to install and one that reduces complicated joint and possible leak in the piping system?

both will work but the stacked fin is better as the fluid contact point is increased.i dont think it restrict flow.i said this because if u combine the fins,u will get a comfortable space in total for the atf to flow.
just take the radiator for example.go ahead and opem the cap then rev the engine to 3k rpm.does water comes gushing from the radiator?nope,because it has lots of the small water way or fins.

another example.200 people in a room and u ask the to get out using one door,it will be messy.flow is slow and there will be bottleneck at the door.
same scenario but provide 5 door for them to get out.flow is better.

so,stack fin does not affect pressure.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ya la bro...
plug it in and if u dont feel good,put it up for sale in here.
i know people will fight each other for your used cooler.

come to think abt it,why dont u go for the easiest to install and one that reduces complicated joint and possible leak in the piping system?

both will work but the stacked fin is better as the fluid contact point is increased.i dont think it restrict flow.i said this because if u combine the fins,u will get a comfortable space in total for the atf to flow.
just take the radiator for example.go ahead and opem the cap then rev the engine to 3k rpm.does water comes gushing from the radiator?nope,because it has lots of the small water way or fins.

another example.200 people in a room and u ask the to get out using one door,it will be messy.flow is slow and there will be bottleneck at the door.
same scenario but provide 5 door for them to get out.flow is better.

so,stack fin does not affect pressure.
Good example, but best I like is fighting over the used cooler......hhahhahahhahhaha:rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:hmmmm:

I don't get it. If I didn't like either one I'd use the one I don't like on my other cars la. Probably the Innova if it doesn't already have a cooler. Why would I wanna sell it at a loss?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
:hmmmm:

I don't get it. If I didn't like either one I'd use the one I don't like on my other cars la. Probably the Innova if it doesn't already have a cooler. Why would I wanna sell it at a loss?
Ah! If not wrong, you did sell one recently.......hahhahahhahaa:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sharing the same roof with Ferrari has always meant that Maserati has had to take a different approach by catering to the more luxury-oriented market rather than the raw and hardcore driving...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience