ATF Cooler (need info)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
1. How does this ATF cooler work ? isit same concept with normal oil cooler?

2. Can we use normal oil cooler to be use as ATF cooler ?

3. does this ATF cooler really usefull in M'sia environment and weather? if yes, in what sense ?

4. Where to get ATF cooler in KL/sunway/puchong?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
1. The number one killer for A/T cars is heat. An ATF cooler is designed to prevent a major heat build-up for the A/T box. Concept is similar to engine oil cooler.

2. Yes. I'm using VR4 engine oil cooler for my A/T box.

3. Yes. Definately since our country is quite HOT!

4. Just visit any chop shop.

What car are u driving?

^6A10^

Mar 30, 2006
yaa.... i also using ATF cooler.... new one

before this.... my automatic gearbox burn (clutch) because of overheating..... :emoticon_U: actually 9/10 automatic gearbox failure cause from overheating.

Max. temp. for ATF is about 80C...., but existing cooler normaly share with radiator... but it is not enough.... especially if u like speeding

He.... he.... now i can drive my car 180++ without any problem.... :shades_smile:

Realz

Feb 5, 2006
Then if mod in the big oil cooler to std car...the auto transmition will run smooth then std?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i'm driving seg + 4age auto

what oil / fluid is inside tha atf cooler ar?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Normal ATF. I used Toyota Dextron 4 which is darn good! Can't Dextron 3 because my gearbox will slip on boost.

riz2005

Known Member
Aug 1, 2005
malaysia
any oil cooler u can make it atf cooler. i had used pajero oil cooler for atf cooler. its big than gsr oil cooler. but i was change my GB to manual so no need to use this. i think i wanna sell it laaa... i use it just for 3 month.. buy at chop shop

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
I am using ATF Cooler in my GB, no more cluth slip or GB behave weird weird during hot weather especially hot weather traffic jam

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
^6A10^ said:
yaa.... i also using ATF cooler.... new one

before this.... my automatic gearbox burn (clutch) because of overheating..... :emoticon_U: actually 9/10 automatic gearbox failure cause from overheating.

Max. temp. for ATF is about 80C...., but existing cooler normaly share with radiator... but it is not enough.... especially if u like speeding

He.... he.... now i can drive my car 180++ without any problem.... :shades_smile:
brother, how much u got urs brand new ATF cooler?

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
how much to install this ATF cooler + labour charge ? any recommended workshop ?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
basically just go to scrapyard and look for pajero oil cooler. price vary frm diff states. should be rm80 onwards (i get mine on rm80 last time)

try not to go for too big. bigger doesnt means better as u need to take in consideration of oil pressure drop.

Labour charge, all workshop again is diff. i think should not be more thn rm80 also. just re-route the hose and mount the cooler bracket only. most of the workshop can do but which does the best job thn u sendiri pandai pandai.

make sure u flush the cooler before using it. coz those r engine oil cooler but not atf oil cooler.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
normality, how to flush the used pajero oil cooler b4 use it as atf cooler ar?
use what fluid to flush?

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
I heard M-Scope in Bt Caves they are doing the auto trans oil cooler. Also anyone here has noticed the latest batch of waja and perdana (from 2006) has come with AT cooler? I think proton has realised that why they need AT oil cooler. Too many transmission failures in the past, many waja and perdana owners encountered this issue.

acbc- how much the toyata Dextron 4 cost u?

Cheers:_:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
wfhan said:
normality, how to flush the used pajero oil cooler b4 use it as atf cooler ar?
use what fluid to flush?
flush with ATF fluid of course

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
RERider said:
I heard M-Scope in Bt Caves they are doing the auto trans oil cooler. Also anyone here has noticed the latest batch of waja and perdana (from 2006) has come with AT cooler? I think proton has realised that why they need AT oil cooler. Too many transmission failures in the past, many waja and perdana owners encountered this issue.

acbc- how much the toyata Dextron 4 cost u?

Cheers:_:

If the latest batch did come with the ATF cooler, that would be great for us too as we've got more scrap or used cooler to look for in the market. whahahaha.

so far, i think Hayden one is the best u can find in Msia but to some plp it tends to be more ex coz with scrapyard pajero one can be found as low as rm150, paying rm300-400 for a brand new Hayden ATF cooler seems to be heavy. However you must see the built quality and there are differences between ATF cooler and oil cooler as ATF cooler fins is more narrow and fine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all bro,
i'm driving a perodua viva 1.0(A), hope to get comment from all of u izzit good if i change my rim into 15inch rather than 14inch? will it effect the power of the car? and fuel consumptions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience