am student in aussie, wish to bring car back to malaysia

Jul 27, 2009
Penang
Hi guys,

im currently finished my study here in aussie and will be back to malaysia for good in a month or two. and i wish to bring my rex back to malaysia with me too.

im not quite sure about how is that to be done, so i hope i can get some answer from here.

do i have to pay any taxes if i bring back my car ? coz i've heard there's a student AP thingy n with that AP i don have to pay any taxes if i own the car more than 9 months n being a student for more than 2 years.

i've looked thru the internet and found out that there are so many different solution, so im kind of confuse which 1 is true.

thanks alot !

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
First and foremost, I never did this, but I'm just trying to give u some idea...

AP is just the "Approved Permit" issued by MITI, so that you can bring the car back to Malaysia.

In order to get this AP, the car must registered under your name and had insurance coverage in that particular country (in your case Aussie) for at least 9 months. So, make sure you bring back all documents of de-registration, insurance policy, and etc from Aussie.

Even you are entitled for AP, you will still have to pay the import tax and excise duty, calculated by Kastam Malaysia upon clearing it from port of discharge (Port Klang/Pasir Gudang).. The kastam will calculate it based on several variables; doket value of the car, year of manufactured, displacement, type of vehicles (MPV/SUV/Saloon).. This matter will aply to those qualified for the personal/individual AP (malaysian who worked/study abroad)...

Hope this can give you some clue...

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
hmm..anybody can be more specific on this pls?im interested too..

1.how long is the procedure?
2.where should i apply student ap when im in aussie?
3.if i stay 1 year there,but im using the car for 9 month already,issit possible 2 bring back?or do i have 2 stay for 2years?
4.what is the budget for shipping the car back and how much is the tax?
5. Is chrome colour allowed in malaysia?issit approved by jpj?

thank you.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
1-how long is maybe just about a month(If u prepare all document complete)
2-check with the malaysian embassy over there....a few application form was needed to be filled
3-normally for shiping there was some appointed company for those ap holders...pls double check with embassy...
4-chrome....as long as it was original/stated in the vehicle reg. card i think would be fine...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
You need to be a student.
The car was registered and insured (comprehensive not third party) for at least 9 months
Cannot sell for first 2 years upon return to Malaysia

This is what I keep hearing. Never done it myself.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hie!

I bought door trim wira 1.6 complete wit all 4 switch.
the driver side can control all 4 window..
mine is wira 1.3's which only can control the front window only and the switch is right in midle of the console gear.
so, how i want to do the wiring that can control all the window.
plan to install the from panel first as need to buy the motor for back window next month..

here is my switch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience