advice needed for buying a modified car...

94brian

Nov 3, 2014
now all youngster once finish form 5 ask parents for car. how nice.....
anyways back to topic. my advice better start from n/a before moving on to turbocharged car.
to be honest my viva was passed to me from my brother and my father pay for my roadtax and insurance,but ofcoz i pay for it after im financial stable la,haha :P to me,2nd hand proton perodua car still ok la if they actually pay all for their kids,but if like a new honda toyota,i really no eye see,especially they still wan to showoff somemore.
and by the way,i quit school when i was 13,ya you get that right,i was only form 1 :P but if you ask me do i regret my answer is simply no,not because im naive but im just respect my own decision :D

alright back to topic,i see alot of you suggest me to get a N/A 1st included one of my close friend.
performance/maintenance/petrol wise,my friend suggest me to get a 4AGE Blacktop 1st.
what you guy think about ae111?it was my 1st option before i go for gsr and vr4.i really like the looking of the car for me its better than satria,and ofcuz power wise it cant be compare with gsr or vr4,but i presume it can be reach 200hp with just a single force induction mod no?and it already come with 4 throttle body right?wonder what mod have to been made to reach 300hp?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I never ask my parents for cars man..that is embarrassing..
I work day and night to fund myself for my degree and also my car..
Never stop working since form 4 as a domino call person to now an operation manager at somewhere..hehe.. no one knows...
Wish i could just take a month of holiday.
If my next job with bavaria,i wanna ask 2 weeks rest before starting. At least it is my rest since form 4.
Good for you.....:adore:

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

now all youngster once finish form 5 ask parents for car. how nice.....
anyways back to topic. my advice better start from n/a before moving on to turbocharged car.
Yup, most of them get......:listen:

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

to be honest my viva was passed to me from my brother and my father pay for my roadtax and insurance,but ofcoz i pay for it after im financial stable la,haha :P to me,2nd hand proton perodua car still ok la if they actually pay all for their kids,but if like a new honda toyota,i really no eye see,especially they still wan to showoff somemore.
and by the way,i quit school when i was 13,ya you get that right,i was only form 1 :P but if you ask me do i regret my answer is simply no,not because im naive but im just respect my own decision :D

alright back to topic,i see alot of you suggest me to get a N/A 1st included one of my close friend.
performance/maintenance/petrol wise,my friend suggest me to get a 4AGE Blacktop 1st.
what you guy think about ae111?it was my 1st option before i go for gsr and vr4.i really like the looking of the car for me its better than satria,and ofcuz power wise it cant be compare with gsr or vr4,but i presume it can be reach 200hp with just a single force induction mod no?and it already come with 4 throttle body right?wonder what mod have to been made to reach 300hp?
You going NA but still want 200 to 300bhp.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
NA is all about response. To hit 200bhp on NA is already an achievement. To touch 300bhp is godlike.

I don't know what is with your obsession with 300bhp. Give you a 200bhp Honda EG and you're already going to be insanely fast in a lot of things. In fact I suspect you won't even be able to handle it to its full potential.

AE111 is old, at least 20 years old. Support and parts for this car is dwindling now because of the cost of maintenance. Don't forget roadtax for a 2L car is way more than a Viva's one. Insurance will probably load you kaokao since you've been in a massive accident and driving a high powered car will probably cost you a lot.

Yawn. I personally would go for Wira because I would be able to DIY fix everything myself. Blacktop transplanted into a Corolla is a very tight fit, even oil change is a bit of a nuisance. The original 4AFE engine is kinda bleah and maintenance for that is a nuisance too. Last time I spent close to 2K repairing a bloody head gasket leak.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Not bad woh! I was using bike only.....:listen:

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Haha bro you're of my era...

And to the ts, 300hp on small car is very hard to control. probably you may want to climb the hp ladder step by step.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Haha, your era is different from the current era now.

Serious? You quit school during form 1? A surprise as your command of english seems quite good. Because I've seen many of those uni undergraduates that came from chinese schools having extremely poor command of english level although they already over 20 years old. :banghead:

Back to topic, you mean you wanted to do force induction mod on 4A-GE? Then I suggest you get the older 16 Valve 4A-GZE and try to convert it from supercharger to turbo. That one had better engine internals than 20 Valve Blacktop. I don't think stock Blacktop internals can withstand above 200hp...

NA is all about response. To hit 200bhp on NA is already an achievement. To touch 300bhp is godlike.

I don't know what is with your obsession with 300bhp. Give you a 200bhp Honda EG and you're already going to be insanely fast in a lot of things. In fact I suspect you won't even be able to handle it to its full potential.

AE111 is old, at least 20 years old. Support and parts for this car is dwindling now because of the cost of maintenance. Don't forget roadtax for a 2L car is way more than a Viva's one. Insurance will probably load you kaokao since you've been in a massive accident and driving a high powered car will probably cost you a lot.

Yawn. I personally would go for Wira because I would be able to DIY fix everything myself. Blacktop transplanted into a Corolla is a very tight fit, even oil change is a bit of a nuisance. The original 4AFE engine is kinda bleah and maintenance for that is a nuisance too. Last time I spent close to 2K repairing a bloody head gasket leak.
200bhp EG would eat a 300bhp Wira, Satria, Putra Evo/VR4 on track already...

You suggest him to go for Wira but there are so many engine options available for it. So which is the one you recommended? :biggrin:

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
4AGZE!!
Toyota FOR THE WORLD!!
Except..yeah,the car is a bit old,part abit hard to find.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Haha, your era is different from the current era now.

Serious? You quit school during form 1? A surprise as your command of english seems quite good. Because I've seen many of those uni undergraduates that came from chinese schools having extremely poor command of english level although they already over 20 years old. :banghead:

Back to topic, you mean you wanted to do force induction mod on 4A-GE? Then I suggest you get the older 16 Valve 4A-GZE and try to convert it from supercharger to turbo. That one had better engine internals than 20 Valve Blacktop. I don't think stock Blacktop internals can withstand above 200hp...

200bhp EG would eat a 300bhp Wira, Satria, Putra Evo/VR4 on track already...

You suggest him to go for Wira but there are so many engine options available for it. So which is the one you recommended? :biggrin:
Ive seen so many chinese like what you said.. Terrible english and communication is a problem..i have no idea how are they gonna find a high level job.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Just get a Honda Civic with B16A/B16B for a start.. have fun from there...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
4AGZE!!
Toyota FOR THE WORLD!!
Except..yeah,the car is a bit old,part abit hard to find.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Ive seen so many chinese like what you said.. Terrible english and communication is a problem..i have no idea how are they gonna find a high level job.
Maybe they can go to China or Taiwan to work... It's damn irritating if you need to cooperate with them to do any english based work. :banghead:

Yup, my era no way can get car for kids, even family only one car.

Now, I have to get car for my kids. Lucky got hand me down car......hhahahhaha:biggrin:
Nowadays with cars like the new Axia, almost everyone can get a decent new car. Used to be one car per family. But now the cars in my house are having trouble finding parking at home...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays with cars like the new Axia, almost everyone can get a decent new car. Used to be one car per family. But now the cars in my house are having trouble finding parking at home...
Time to buy a bigger home.......hhahahhahahahahah:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
A lot of cars also got maintainance mah bro :biggrin:
But not mine. I'm actually living with a large family. That's why got a lot of cars. If during public holiday like festive seasons, cars from my house can occupy a portion of the street. :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all zth members.. do anyone know how to diy led tail lamp.. can do huh??? im usin kelisa.. Or is there any shop can do it..??:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience