advice needed on should or shouldnt i buy a satria gti

zulmus

Apr 12, 2009
hi guys,

4 months ago i posted on this forum about my stolen satria gti,it was stolen during my friday prayer, (maybe the parts is in your gti wannabes), well since then i've received the insurance claimed and commuting on saga lmst on daily basis for the last 3 n a half months, not that its not a good car but it just get me from point a to point b, period...

for the last few weeks my head been toying with the idea of getting another gti, with current market i can get the car for rm+-30k depending on the year, i have another car which my wife is using, that would be my family car and the gti would be my toy car, i've had 2 putras, 1 wira 1.8, and a stolen gti before, so 4g93 is in the blood,

ok few guys can complaint bout its not the best car around but with that kind of price and specs i think the gti is worth it, ok i might be bias to it but i'm not keen on the idea of paying to much for a car and u know that u cant satisfy yourself enough when it comes to owning a fast car..come in more mods and more money burned and in the end somebody just grab a screwdriver, kopak your passenger lock, make a duplicate of the key, wait till u come to that location next week for friday prayer and open up your door, start the engine, hammer the additional lock and waalllaaa, your car disappear, like a magic trick from david blaine....

so guys should i buy or not the gti??? i cant stand of being tailgated by myvi, not 2 mention being tapau by turbocharged kancil, heck the standard kancil is also giving me the look.."move away la old man", at least with the gti i wont feel to inferior, n i wont race with these endangered species anyway, no offence to those driving myvi n kancils out there...

so if u dont have anything else to do this weekend, give me a feedback la, appreciate it, tqvm

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
After so many 4G93 and you still wanna stick with 4G93? if that is your final answer then just go ahead for GTI. But i will opt for a change if i were you, either a turbo or vtec...

Whats ur budget like? and what you want from your weekend car? look? power?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
in my opinion, u shouldn't let the "hottest thief car" issue to influence ur purchase. i mean, common, we only live once, and if u can afford it and u love it, why not? if u choose a car just because its not a thief magnet, then u aren't choosing a car YOU WANT.

ur car got stolen before, thats pure bad luck. it could happen to anyone. i'd say go with it man!

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Bro:
Just go ahead. Give the myvi and miracil a good revenge! I'm an owner of the sentra n16 1.6 auto. These two species always tapau me. So a GTI should be a good choice. Go for it!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Go ahead bro!

Once we fall down, we can always get back up, just to be better than before !!

e_one77

Jul 7, 2006
Melaka
Yes bro...dont wory...for me SGTi is always the best Malaysian cars..When you drv SGTi not even myv or kancil..merc E200 also cannot tail u...but as other member here said (consider to fix good alarm with the tracking system(gps). or immboliser.) and more careful whr place u park..al the best bro..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
since you have owned so many of the same type of cars (engine wise), why not take this opportunity to try out other types of cars? for rm30k you could get an EG, or even a A31 cefiro (for sliding fun). Other fun toy cars like the CRX del sol, or even a fully done up bmw E30 (with pocket change!)

I don't know what your tastes are but im just saying since its gonna be your toy car, why not have something 'different'

cheers mate

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
sorry guys...
but if ur looking for a toy/ weekend car just for you, why not u open up a bit... y not try vtec (eg or maybe ej/ek) .... fo around 30K++ , i think can get a decend eg with b16 or maybe a standard ej/ek....

or u can ask ajib here to recomend a rare species, CRX maybe...

with 30K.... y not an SEG with blacktop... can list alot more here....

what i'm saying here it that u already try putra, wira 1.8 and last gti (sorry for the loss), y u need to go back the same lane? why not try other makes? vtec? vvti? 20 valve? turbo?

we must evolve and move on... no need to feel sad for the lost....

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Depending who you ask, you get all manner of recommendations. Some people like the comfort of driving something they are familiar with. Whatever feels good to you bro. You can opt for a change or stick with SGTi. They are all good cars.

If it's a problem about peace of mind, do consider saving up for some good car security systems.

zulmus

Apr 12, 2009
Depending who you ask, you get all manner of recommendations. Some people like the comfort of driving something they are familiar with. Whatever feels good to you bro. You can opt for a change or stick with SGTi. They are all good cars.

If it's a problem about peace of mind, do consider saving up for some good car security systems.
sorry 4 the late late late reply, i got myself a sgti already, need 2 invest on good alarm system, thanks for the advise

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

thanks 4 the advice, sorry 4 the late reply, bz looking for a sgti, managed 2 get one, looking for gud alarm system now

@jib

2,000 RPM
Mar 31, 2007
All Over
sorry guys...
but if ur looking for a toy/ weekend car just for you, why not u open up a bit... y not try vtec (eg or maybe ej/ek) .... fo around 30K++ , i think can get a decend eg with b16 or maybe a standard ej/ek....

or u can ask ajib here to recomend a rare species, CRX maybe...

with 30K.... y not an SEG with blacktop... can list alot more here....

what i'm saying here it that u already try putra, wira 1.8 and last gti (sorry for the loss), y u need to go back the same lane? why not try other makes? vtec? vvti? 20 valve? turbo?

we must evolve and move on... no need to feel sad for the lost....

ask me for rare species? Haha... get exige la what else? :biggrin:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
sorry 4 the late late late reply, i got myself a sgti already, need 2 invest on good alarm system, thanks for the advise

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

thanks 4 the advice, sorry 4 the late reply, bz looking for a sgti, managed 2 get one, looking for gud alarm system now
so fast buy d?? how much did u pay for it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends and Customers,

Sincere greeting!

It is with a very heavy heart that we have to break the news on retail price adjustments for Tufoil products beginning this month. The fact is, in the course of this long journey making available this award-winning and respected American product to the Malaysian audience, we have yet to increase our prices although factory costs has increased a couple of times in recent years.Rest be assured though, that all ways, all means and all leeway...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience