Advice Needed...

raiz

Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i've converted my v6 auto to v6tt auto in 2009, no problems till early this year when hell broke loose. GB kong in april, change to another autott gbox and kong again exacty a month later which the seller decline any warranties. So i ended up using a manual tranny and i was told it was from a manual v6, code 312, 9'' and again told that it is okay to be installed in my V6tt. So now after using for 4-5 months, can feel that the new clutch is slipping. I was told by another friend of mine that gb 312 9" couldnt cope with v6tt...

Pls help with suggestion on how to solve my current issue :-
1. F5M312 2wd sholudn't be installed in the first place?
2. Its already in, is it compatible ?
3. If its not, what to do?

aNY OTHER SUGGESTIONS IS ALWAYS WELCOMED.

thanks

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if its slipping,den its s clutch n not d gb.u mustve gotten an na clutch set

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
6a12tt should be 332 4wd. 312 is 2wd but both 9" flywheel.

dun worry...even 222 8.5" flywheel can cope with v6tt, but after a while the 5th gear syncro will give way.
just get any racing clutch will solve the problem.

raiz

Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
6a12tt should be 332 4wd. 312 is 2wd but both 9" flywheel.

dun worry...even 222 8.5" flywheel can cope with v6tt, but after a while the 5th gear syncro will give way.
just get any racing clutch will solve the problem.
Tqvm danz...donno if u remember me, i'm mukhliz, rep v-sixers malacca chapter those days la...( salim & isma)hehe. so will follow yr advise to install racing clutch :)
Thanks again bro

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Tqvm danz...donno if u remember me, i'm mukhliz, rep v-sixers malacca chapter those days la...( salim & isma)hehe. so will follow yr advise to install racing clutch :)
Thanks again bro

not sure bro...i might not know yr name, but if see yr face can remember kot....
now still v6ers malacca rep ah?

raiz

Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
not sure bro...i might not know yr name, but if see yr face can remember kot....
now still v6ers malacca rep ah?
no more bro, not really active anymore since my transfer to kl back in 2007. Anyways bro, thank you for yr advise, actually hoping for u to reply, cos spent so much money this year on GB alone. The reasoning for posting because a friend of mine told me that 312 is not suitable for v6tt and the problem will continue even after changing to a new clutch plate. Hopefully, after changing to high end racing clutch, there will no more problems.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
ya lor try to change the clutch set 1st...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
aik..i tot i posted here edi...how come my post missing?

anyways. 312 is ori 2wd, 332 is 4wd used on galant twin turbo, many TT owners are using 332 but locked to 2wd it
will function the same as 312. there is not much difference between both. for my case im using evo internals, shorter ratio...with std exedy clutch plate & it slips during high rpm & boost......thats y i need to change to racing clutch...but not so soon la....next year kot...& confirm the slipping will be eliminated.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I use normal Exedy too for my VR4 manual. Use 3 sets in 10 years which is pretty good. Maybe you are slipping your clutch too much to wear that fast. I only afraid Racing clutch is too heavy to use in town.....

raiz

Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I use normal Exedy too for my VR4 manual. Use 3 sets in 10 years which is pretty good. Maybe you are slipping your clutch too much to wear that fast. I only afraid Racing clutch is too heavy to use in town.....
Not really bro, normal town driving and once a while pushed it to max which is just 0.7 bar. Anyway, thanks bro. Will confirm whats d problem soon. Any reliable workshop in sentul/gombak area that anyone might know?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Singapore will be hosting the Youth Olympic Games at the end of August at the same Marina Bay area as the F1 race. This has raised concerns that the island nation won't be able to prepare for the race before the F1 circus arrives for round 15 of the 2010 world championship.

But amidst these concerns, a Singaporean official has played down the possibility, Justin Chew, the Singapore Tourism Board's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience