advice needed for buying a modified car...

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Building one himself needs more RM, that is what he does want to do......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

haha, very ancient from 1990, older then my kids, but can still sapu many newer cars......:driver::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

When my VR was first transplanted, my mechanic did not let any of his workers drive or test it as he is not sure they can handle it......hahhahhahahah:biggrin:
4G63 simply because evo fanboy. :rofl:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Off topic.... ryuuken and TS...how old are u both

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Better think twice before jumping from a Viva into a 300bhp modded 4G63T Satria. It's not that I am underestimating your abilities or what but the power difference between both cars is almost like between the sky and the ground...

Anyway, have a look at this and you'll know why I say you should not jump into 300bhp FWD Satria straight away....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...2-satria-with-evo-engine-in-horror-crash.html

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Wira 1.8 falls within limit but seems not allowed also. I think only the Perdana are allowed....:driver:
Actually there is still another new 2.0 litre car. Inspira. If let's say someone have enough budget for a 4B11T transplant for Inspira, I think it is allowed?

By the way TS, if you don't mind me giving a suggestion, I think you can probably consider some NA 1.6 litre cars to start playing with. For example, EF, EG, EK Civic with B16A or AE92, AE101, AE111 with 4A-GE or even 4G92 MIVEC Satria, Wira, Putra... I know that power and torque wise, they are no match for 4G63T but handling wise and ease to control, I'm sure these 1.6 NA are better than the heavier and more powerful 4G63T. Maintenance for these NA 1.6 litres are also cheaper as you know that 4G63T comes from high power rally machines like Lancer Evolution or Galant VR-4 (I know I missed out RV-R and Airtrek here :biggrin:) which aren't cheap to maintain not to mention bad fuel consumption as well (petrol price is on the rise)...

At the end, this is still a suggestion from me... It still depends on you to make the final decision yourself. Whatever it is, do enjoy your new car and drive safe.

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
20 year old.. omg, i still drive a proton wira:banghead:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
i will i will...even myself know that 300whp is escalated too quick from 70bhp viva :biggrin:,so i'm gonna take time to handle it
im kind of alittle 'kiasi' after the accident already :P but yet it doesn't kill my enthusiasm about motorsport :driver:

now the photo of my accident!!!a big big lesson :biggrin:
View attachment 535010
You should try engage yourself in advance driving course or say gymkhana, know the car and yourself better.

94brian

Nov 3, 2014
Hi there brian,
Seems like u are obsessed with load of power.

Anyway,u can find a pre built car with lesser money compare to building it yourself.Downside is u will never know the true history of the car untill something go terribly wrong.
Dont be fool with shiny engine bay,all used car are like that.
If u seriously want to buy such a car do get a trusty mech to check everything.
Like u said, your salary is average right?

If i were u, i will buy a stock 1.6 wira or satria with manual tranny or the newer neo.
other option is the original satria gti or putra.
more budget i will go for the r3 satria.
Then i will work slowly mod it to my taste.Turbo?
Maybe,after i am bored revving an NA.

Just remember...all those are old car with old engine.
sooner or later it will ask for your money frequently.

on driving a 300hp car..i think its useless if u cant use the power properly.with such great power comes demand for better skill.
Anyone can go fast,not everyone can keep it together when the need arise.
true true,couldn't agree more!i do have a friend know some mechanic.i don't really have any commitment now,only have a low maintainance gf have to feed :pepsi:,rm100 phone prepaid a month and some entertainment.

True. Then occasionally you come across the old fuddy duddy like fstr aka Fred who'll beat the crap out of you in a stock 3-speed Wira in GRA or his stock auto Alza.
wahhhhh,jaw drop :adore:

Hi Brian,
I'm sure all of the sifu's here are trying to help you out. They don't tend on having the intention to stop you from driving the car with high horsepower. It's just that they are here since the pre dominant time where the pharaoh is still there and people walk around half naked.
IF you wanna go with 300 horses plus turbo, then be sure to have you're money coming in like turbo too.
Like someone mentioned earlier, higher horse higher maintenance. No one is this forum will ever tell you a Supra with 600 twin turbo only cost 300 ringgit per year of maintainence. Yes that could possibly happen, just warm up the car and it stays in your house.
I think i can understand you more because i'm still in your area of age.
Most of the sifu here like SF,Stupidcar,IZSO and IXEO,they all know my story on how hard it is when i bought my celica.
Is not that im hindering you from buying a turbo. The main question is, are you financially ready?
2300 per month is average nowadays. and plus if you have other commitments such as phone bills or maybe installment on anything, it would be tough for you.
Let's say:
1) you eat everyday, the daily plate a month will cost: RM400 or more
2)Your fuel consumption on a viva is cheap, but on a turbo will cost: Viva fuel consumption times 3 or 4. IE: 100 x 4 = RM400 Even my celica is around 300 per month daily driven. And that is coming from a cipot car with a driver with small balls.
3)Let's say your mobile prepaid or postpaid: RM100 at least per month.
4)If you rent a house: Additional RM500? If with parents then ignore this.
5) Your misc expenses: Dating, gf gifts a present,lepak makan makan, suddenly have the urge of buying an item: RM200

With all this above, your monthly rates will be RM2300-RM1000, means you have RM1300 if anything happen.

with just 1000 to spare, an NA car daily driven actually is a better option for you.
NA cars are less likely prone to any sort of risky danger such as over heating or a blown turbine.
They also require less TLC compared to turbo car.
To take care of turbo is one thing, but to find stuff for the car is another thing.
Plus, you might have this syndrome which you would fail to appreciate power if you jump from a 70 horse to a 300 horse all of a sudden.
And power bug is another thing too, you want more and more power. Like my case, i lost to a seasoned driver, i already sketch up a new turbo kit plan, which im going to use own fabricated water to air intercooler, new fuel rail and custom intake kit, a GTX30 turbo, and a twin intake open pod. SEE?! this is power bug. You just want more and more.
All of the above i'm saying is not because i want to influence your decision, but im just hoping to help you make the right choice.
We all here are always ready to help.. as much as the other sifu helped me before, that is how i am going to help you too..

P.S: an old car major problem wont be annoying, but the annoying part is the frequent small problem that keeps on popping out.
hey i understand :D haha,you guys give alot of useful info,couldn't thank you guys more.
i had took all yours suggestion and advice in my note :D
wah,you own a celica?altho i dont know your story,but im happy for you bro,haha...

P.S: an old car major problem wont be annoying, but the annoying part is the frequent small problem that keeps on popping out. THIS IS SO TRUE :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Better think twice before jumping from a Viva into a 300bhp modded 4G63T Satria. It's not that I am underestimating your abilities or what but the power difference between both cars is almost like between the sky and the ground...

Anyway, have a look at this and you'll know why I say you should not jump into 300bhp FWD Satria straight away....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...2-satria-with-evo-engine-in-horror-crash.html

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Actually there is still another new 2.0 litre car. Inspira. If let's say someone have enough budget for a 4B11T transplant for Inspira, I think it is allowed?

By the way TS, if you don't mind me giving a suggestion, I think you can probably consider some NA 1.6 litre cars to start playing with. For example, EF, EG, EK Civic with B16A or AE92, AE101, AE111 with 4A-GE or even 4G92 MIVEC Satria, Wira, Putra... I know that power and torque wise, they are no match for 4G63T but handling wise and ease to control, I'm sure these 1.6 NA are better than the heavier and more powerful 4G63T. Maintenance for these NA 1.6 litres are also cheaper as you know that 4G63T comes from high power rally machines like Lancer Evolution or Galant VR-4 (I know I missed out RV-R and Airtrek here :biggrin:) which aren't cheap to maintain not to mention bad fuel consumption as well (petrol price is on the rise)...

At the end, this is still a suggestion from me... It still depends on you to make the final decision yourself. Whatever it is, do enjoy your new car and drive safe.
hey thanks for the link and suggestion! ya! i did considered blacktop ae111 since the price under 20k. since u mentioned,ae111 back on my list again,haha...

TS mention 20yo.....:biggrin: ryuuken slightly older, and we do have many other youngster here oh!:biggrin:
haha! (brain corrupted 90's they said) joking :smokin:

You should try engage yourself in advance driving course or say gymkhana, know the car and yourself better.
im planing to do so like track run and maybe participate time attack when i'm ready but i know that gonna take alot of time :P
since you guys right,you aint shit if you are the fastest on the street,track is what matter :P

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
TS mention 20yo.....:biggrin: ryuuken slightly older, and we do have many other youngster here oh!:biggrin:
I feel like a kid now! Children unite! :biggrin:

20 year old.. omg, i still drive a proton wira:banghead:
What's wrong with Wira? Nice chassis mahhh. :biggrin:

Sounds like a legit excuse to go touge. :driver:

Wira is more than good enough for age of 20, I was driving only a sunny at the age of 22, before that public transport lol.
I just got my car in January this year too. Public transport all the way before that. Heh.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my wira is badly accident before and my bro leave it to me when he go cari makan at singapore:listen:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
now all youngster once finish form 5 ask parents for car. how nice.....
anyways back to topic. my advice better start from n/a before moving on to turbocharged car.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
now all youngster once finish form 5 ask parents for car. how nice.....
anyways back to topic. my advice better start from n/a before moving on to turbocharged car.
I never ask my parents for cars man..that is embarrassing..
I work day and night to fund myself for my degree and also my car..
Never stop working since form 4 as a domino call person to now an operation manager at somewhere..hehe.. no one knows...
Wish i could just take a month of holiday.
If my next job with bavaria,i wanna ask 2 weeks rest before starting. At least it is my rest since form 4.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
yes.. hard work does pay off:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey there..sorry for posting this topic..but i've searched other thread relating to converting waja auto to manual,none give me the best answers..:banghead::banghead::banghead:so here i am,seeking for your advice..:adore::adore:

1.how much does it take for converting the transmission(complete conversion with complete gearbox set) plus installation)
2.if i ever get to convert from auto to manual,do i have to retune the engine or the ECU?
3.will there be any complications or problems...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience