4G91 Gang..

milo

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
kl
rex82 said:
Hi to all pro,

I'm new to this forum and i know this tread got many pro's.

I'm driving 96 carb(auto) wira.I'm planning to convert my 4g15 to 4g91 auto EFI.

If i wanna buy the 4g91 EFI (auto) engine kosong + ECU + Wiring and i think i should change my gearbox also coz hear ppl say my gearbox cannot support it.

Can i buy those thing to transplant my engine?I wanna use back my current car thing just wanna sawp few thing only.

If i need to buy anything more pls do let me know :p

Can roughly give me the price pro's :)

err as far as i notice, there are some differences for sohc and dohc mit engine bays. for example, the way radiator rubber hoses going round and back, and could be other stuff too. so there could be a lot of things that u need to change if u want to do it ur way... but yeah u can still do it if that is what ur liking is... it is just the matter of time and money... :shades_smile:

party, i am going to the extreme nite.

milo

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
kl
joseth said:
:cry_smile: Senior, u r right..

I hav budget constraint.. Wat I heard from my foreman, tis engine costs 2000 plus labor 1500 standard and others.. blah blah..

Anyway, is it tat good FC for tis engine?

since budget is the issue... u can do it this way: transplant 4g91 efi... but do not send ur car for jpj inspection... drive carefully on the road, and avoid troubles... at the same time save up ur money... when u have enough money, change the 1.5 engine to 1.8, there are some small changes u need to make, but won cost u a lot... i think.... hehe

rex82

Oct 30, 2006
Like that i need to buy all halfcut?

Can't change part from part :( pity

Anywhere thanks for your advise

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
guys, i was offered by a forummer here for a 4G91 carb for RM1600 for complete engine.... RM800 for engine kosong (doesnt include carb, distributor and g/b)... is there anything fishy about it? so cheap o....

ok to run with 4G13P's distributor ar?

joseth

Known Member
Jul 12, 2005
Johor Bahru
milo said:
since budget is the issue... u can do it this way: transplant 4g91 efi... but do not send ur car for jpj inspection... drive carefully on the road, and avoid troubles... at the same time save up ur money... when u have enough money, change the 1.5 engine to 1.8, there are some small changes u need to make, but won cost u a lot... i think.... hehe

Will consider ur suggestion. :shades_smile:

TQ very much, sifu!

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
milo said:
err as far as i notice, there are some differences for sohc and dohc mit engine bays. for example, the way radiator rubber hoses going round and back, and could be other stuff too. so there could be a lot of things that u need to change if u want to do it ur way... but yeah u can still do it if that is what ur liking is... it is just the matter of time and money... :shades_smile:

party, i am going to the extreme nite.
bro.. il b wit the pro hatchers.. pls bump n say hi to me since iv never meet u b4... u knw my ride rite... c u there..:X-:

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
rex82 said:
Hi to all pro,

I'm new to this forum and i know this tread got many pro's.

I'm driving 96 carb(auto) wira.I'm planning to convert my 4g15 to 4g91 auto EFI.

If i wanna buy the 4g91 EFI (auto) engine kosong + ECU + Wiring and i think i should change my gearbox also coz hear ppl say my gearbox cannot support it.

Can i buy those thing to transplant my engine?I wanna use back my current car thing just wanna sawp few thing only.

If i need to buy anything more pls do let me know :p

Can roughly give me the price pro's :)
bro the GB are different.. i think the 1 u r using now is 3 speed GB...whereas the 91 GB is 4 speed...
u can change part by part if u can get the stuff 4 a gud price.. do a cost difference n see wats worth the cost... why not consider upgrading to higher cc... just a tought.. anyway gud luck bro...

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
theorekz said:
guys, i was offered by a forummer here for a 4G91 carb for RM1600 for complete engine.... RM800 for engine kosong (doesnt include carb, distributor and g/b)... is there anything fishy about it? so cheap o....

ok to run with 4G13P's distributor ar?
i think the price is ok.. u have to see its condition also...
isit direct from japan or the owner has user the engine here b4...
its wiser to check the condition b4 negotiating the price...

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
partyjoe, thanks for ur prompt reply.. really appreciates it.... i'm too new to these transplant arena.... any guides how to ensure the condition of the engine is ok?

thank you very much... ^_^

milo

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
kl
theorekz said:
partyjoe, thanks for ur prompt reply.. really appreciates it.... i'm too new to these transplant arena.... any guides how to ensure the condition of the engine is ok?

thank you very much... ^_^
if u buy engine from half cut shop, they should have the equipment to start the engine for u... then u can see whether there are wierd sound from the engine, and any leading of black oil, and things like that... u can also open the lubricant cap and check out the inner stuff. if it is the shining metal color, then the engine should be taken care... if the color is like brownish yellow, or things like that, then means that engine condition is not so chun liao... if u are getting the engine from ur mach, one very important thing is to insist on warrenty, that is, if anything is not right, the mach will be responsible for that...

milo

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
kl
theorekz said:
o... thank u very much milo taikor...

then regarding the distributor stuff i asked, ok to use 4g13p's distributor?
i am not taiko la... there are many taiko here but definitely not me... hehehe:_: i am a small potato here....

about the distributor thingie... i saw cars with 1.6 sohc changed to 4g93 with the old distributor... but i am not so sure about the 1.3 version... i will ask my mach. and let u know... any other sifu here have the exact answer?

this morning one myxi really pissed me off... i was leaving my house like 6 sth... yeah freaking early and no cars.... then this lovely myxi just appraoched from behind and flashed his nice looking and bright headlight... ok fine, i gave way... then he overtook, and cut into my lane just like that.... i almost hit his big fat ass although i was driving like 20 something right after a hump... then there he went, pushed the car like there is no tomorrow... i got damn pissed off that i nailed the fella all the way for like 5 minutes no matter how he tried to escape... don get me wrong. i am not a road racer or anything like that, and i do not support dangerous driving either. and not that i have anything not right with myxi... (my gf drives myxi too). but this fella is simply rude and need to be educated... even people with EVOs and IMPs are polite on the road, why is he doing that... so people, please don do rude driving like that... :angry_smile:

Oct 18, 2006
Hai eberyone... i'm kuite new here. i'm looking 4 4g91 halfcut. could anyone advise me wat can i expect the price 4 this halfcut n how much is the installation. anyone can recommend me any workshop? i'm driving satria 1.3.

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
AzharAhmad said:
Hai eberyone... i'm kuite new here. i'm looking 4 4g91 halfcut. could anyone advise me wat can i expect the price 4 this halfcut n how much is the installation. anyone can recommend me any workshop? i'm driving satria 1.3.
bro try calling the shops from the list i attached...
see who gives the best price n go chk out their stuff...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fellow ZTHians,
I need your help. I am collecting old scraped or unwanted engine blocks to make tables, partnering Izso.
But I only want unique engines such as flat 4s, straight 6s, any Vs, rotaries, some straight 4s...(Picky).
I have since collected only 1 block, VQ35DE. Donated by a fellow friend, blew all 6 pistons. :driver:
Was suppose to have another 4 cylinder, regretted not picking it up. If you have any and you are in Selangor, please state here, I will gladly pick it up. If I do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience