4g15 carb to fuel injection

craziqbal

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
from wikipedia: "The Lancer sold in Malaysia was powered by the 4G18 engine which also powered the early 1.6 Proton Waja model."

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
change head,head gasket,pully too
cylinder head dont need to change... u only need to seal up the AC pump socket with any metal plate... fuel injection needs electric fuel pump....

head gasket usually dont need to change as u didnt remove the cylinder head...

pulley??... cam or crank??... either both also dun need to change....

wats the diff between efi head/ pulley and the carburetted version?
intake manifold head studs for fuel injection is longer.... and fuel injection cylinder head dont have socket for ac pump (mechanical fuel pump)

mivec89

Oct 26, 2008
better u stick wit carb..
that of course if u r a racer..
carb save petrol on high speed..
but still lack on pick up..:rofl::burnout:

Highlander

Known Member
Jul 15, 2006
Bro... i just change mine from 1.3 carb to 1,5 inj. other than wirings,ecu,trottle body, fuel pump..bla..bla
what i think is.. if u want to change to injection is not a problem..
but u also need to change the dashbord n speedometer (the 1 wif engine check capability).. u can use ur old dashboard if u can find a good wireman to tarik the cable from ur ecu for tuning purpose.. just in case need tuning.. if no also no problem onli cannot tune wan... if no socket cannot tuning neh.. coz no socket to plug in the checking unit( donno what the device name... onli can do manual tuning (adjust air je lah..)

Just telling u coz my ecu kong after 1 week using.. start up ok.. when running semput gila.. (then onli know that my car no cable for tuning..0
lucky got gurantee.. if no aiyoo, sumore susah

that what i experienced..

Highlander

Known Member
Jul 15, 2006
Dear skywalker...
sure can use old dashboard wan... what im trying to say is wira injec. comes in 2 wiring.. 1 is for ur engine injection system and the other is for the tuning purpose... For injection model dashbord, there is few extra wirings compare to carbie model dashboard( The wiring for the engine check... This wiring is connected from the ecu to the wirings in the dashbord for tuning and light for the engine check...

If u want to stick to ur exsisting dashboard, is not a problem... u can either simply change ur speedometer or add 1 lamp in ur exsisting speedometer and pull 1 cable out straight to ur ecu.. try to find light green+red wire at ur ecu wiring ( there are onli 2 of those.. one is bit darker green)
And for the tuning.... well.. ive been scearhing all over the net and wiremans all around KL and none can do the wirings...have olso they say tak berani la boss.. and i need to get the socket for tuning too :banghead:

so dear skywalker.. it is just a prevention purpose onli... the tuning is only for checking the engine onli.. or u can always do standard try and error if the car gets F**ked up later... (if u dont have these cable...) unless u are a good mechanic..
if u dont know DONT REPLY and dont simply get other poeple to get cofused ok...
sorry in advance

Last edited:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
Dear skywalker...
sure can use old dashboard wan... what im trying to say is wira injec. comes in 2 wiring.. 1 is for ur engine injection system and the other is for the tuning purpose... For injection model dashbord, there is few extra wirings compare to carbie model dashboard( The wiring for the engine check... This wiring is connected from the ecu to the wirings in the dashbord for tuning and light for the engine check...

If u want to stick to ur exsisting dashboard, is not a problem... u can either simply change ur speedometer or add 1 lamp in ur exsisting speedometer and pull 1 cable out straight to ur ecu.. try to find light green+red wire at ur ecu wiring ( there are onli 2 of those.. one is bit darker green)
And for the tuning.... well.. ive been scearhing all over the net and wiremans all around KL and none can do the wirings...have olso they say tak berani la boss.. and i need to get the socket for tuning too :banghead:

so dear skywalker.. it is just a prevention purpose onli... the tuning is only for checking the engine onli.. or u can always do standard try and error if the car gets F**ked up later... (if u dont have these cable...) unless u are a good mechanic..
sorry in advance
so carbie & injection dashboard not same la u say..
wiring cant be dismantle from dashboard lor like this..
not worthy lor half cut selling dashboard kosong..
i tot dashboard all same..
only injection & carb wiring also meter not same..
if complete injection wiring they should be with tuning socket..
if dont have sure not complete..

i dont know lo bout this..
that why want to ask u..
dont marah ye..
saye budak baru belajar..
tumpang lalu ye sifu skywalker..

Last edited:

Highlander

Known Member
Jul 15, 2006
so carbie & injection dashboard not same la u say..
wiring cant be dismantle from dashboard lor like this..
not worthy lor half cut selling dashboard kosong..
i tot dashboard all same..
only injection & carb wiring also meter not same..
if complete injection wiring they should be with tuning socket..
if dont have sure not complete..

i dont know lo bout this..
that why want to ask u..
dont marah ye..
saye budak baru belajar..
tumpang lalu ye sifu skywalker..
Not the same interm of wiring la... If can find a good wireman then can use ur old dashboard.. if u can get the socket and try to copy the wirings from other inj models wira.. Yes, if complete it should come wif the tuning socket.. i think better stick to carbie.. coz no significant difference in performance compare to 4G15 injection.. even FC oso not much diff. If wan to change to inj. better go for 4G91..(if looking for 1.5 lah..) quite old but very reliable mitsu engine... plus u get a nice dashboard wif digital aircond too.. :biggrin:
Btw, the dashboard at chop shop does not come wif the wiring.. only the kosong dashboard..
Just for info, if wan to install these wirings, it will cost u around 1.8k at Proton service center..Just for the wirings tau.. New complete original wiring..

Last edited:

mivec89

Oct 26, 2008
i need ur guys oppinion..
i m using a 1.5 8v magma engine..
can a 12v head fit into the block??
my car is down on power..
what else do i need 2 add??
plz help me.

sumimasen

1,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2007
Dear skywalker...

sorry in advance
bro,
u using vdo or mmc type of injection?
dun tell me u using the "tuning socket" for ur mmc type of injection..

and another thing..reply properly la..dun simply bash skywalker lor..wuts with the caps lock..
if u noe everything..explain slowly ler..as we all r plain stooopid izzit?..:smokin:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
Not the same interm of wiring la... If can find a good wireman then can use ur old dashboard.. if u can get the socket and try to copy the wirings from other inj models wira.. Yes, if complete it should come wif the tuning socket.. i think better stick to carbie.. coz no significant difference in performance compare to 4G15 injection.. even FC oso not much diff. If wan to change to inj. better go for 4G91..(if looking for 1.5 lah..) quite old but very reliable mitsu engine... plus u get a nice dashboard wif digital aircond too.. :biggrin:
Btw, the dashboard at chop shop does not come wif the wiring.. only the kosong dashboard..
Just for info, if wan to install these wirings, it will cost u around 1.8k at Proton service center..Just for the wirings tau.. New complete original wiring..
so dashboard & wiring differ le between injection & carb..
so wiring socket also attach at dashboard ka boss not attach at engine wiring..
if i want to buy dashboard kosong from half cut how to see the diffent between injection & carb dashboard..
then if i buy carb dashboard kosong at halfcut then i'll be d**m le canot install at injection..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
better u stick wit carb..
that of course if u r a racer..
carb save petrol on high speed..
but still lack on pick up..:rofl::burnout:
eh dint notice this....how come carb save petrol at high speed as compared to efi?

carb lack on pick up compared to efi?

wondering y u tell racers to stick to carb when u sed it lacks on pick up hehe

Dear skywalker...

sorry in advance
good info, but chill on the attitude boss

Cheers!

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wat happened??... wiring dashboard ahh??... ooo... sorry la i noob mah.... i didnt know the wiring are built into the dashboard where u need to change the whole dashboard jz for the check engine light....

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
wat happened??... wiring dashboard ahh??... ooo... sorry la i noob mah.... i didnt know the wiring are built into the dashboard where u need to change the whole dashboard jz for the check engine light....
that y i want to ask this highlander guy..:listen:
sure or not wiring built into dashboard..:confused:
done my carb to injection without so much hassle..
if sifu sky noob than me is for sure super noob..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...

I am contemplating whether or not to put an oil cooler. If possible, I do not want to add to many things if unecessary. Don't want to spend unnecessary money as a proper oil cooler is not cheap.

I am planning to use a spark plug that is just ONE "1" heat range colder. Since it will dump more heat to the oil, the oil will be hotter and possibly thinner i guess? Since it is just one heat range colder, is it possible to not use an oil cooler? Will it reduce the oil...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience