4g15 idling problem

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
im driving a satria running on 4g15.

i have this problem and would like to seek help from u experience people out there.

when i start my car, it idles around 800-900 rpm. when i accelerate, and when it comes back down, it goes below the usual and the car starts to vibrate as if its engine is about to die. however, it doesnt. it then rises back to the usual 800-900 rpm.

throttle body has been cleaned multiple times. wat else can cause this problem?
a friend of mine told me could be the stopper - which relates to the aircond.

i tried it with the air cond on and off, same results.

my engine died before while i was driving, making a turn due to this.
help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance
=(

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
alloyhead...!

happen to me n moxt n Zhu before also la...as u knew last time, he change to bigger cc injectors n solved his prob. as for my case,i think i was maintaining my driving habit not to free gear while turning cuz sometimes i get low idling also and almost die...some say ecu prob, or i guess its time to retune the engine...

dowan change engine?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
pocroc: yeah but i havent gotten a solution till now, and its bothering me again. today i was reversing and my engine died.. lol. change engine? dont think i have the resources to do so.

boyzone: ISC? excuse my noobness >.<

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
my 4g15 also same prob like what u encounter arowhead.but after porting throttle body,condition quite good liao.what pocroc suggested also can be considered.the foremen told me if it still happen, there is a sensor at the wheel link to the ecu..i dun know about that.anyone:)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
porting throttle body? hmm, how much would that cost me? and after doing that, ur rpm doesnt fall anymore?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
porting tb...hmm...maybe i'll do it soon...if u pay attn to ur driving habits, u notice it doesnt bug u nemore lo...cuz of that, i learnt heel & toe...hehehe

haiya, just change 4g91 or 92 enuf la...cheap cheap

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
shouldnt need to change my driving habits as the engine isnt performing as it should ma...

anyway, i guess i'll ask around abt porting the TB.

wont be transplanting cuz if can i wanna sell my car :_:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
ISC = idling speed control ( normally people call stepper motor ).

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ohh i havent checked that, but i will be soon enough. thanks for ur input boyzone

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
last time go to proton service cntre cost me rm 80.&*&^
the latest one sent to normal wshop and cost me rm30 only.
the result just same..good n feel smooth esp when start during morning.:)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
proton does the TB porting? ok i wont go there.. LOL

so basically i can go to any workshop and ask them to port my TB or do i have to go to specific workshops? :retarded:

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
arrowhead,proton svc cntr is also good coz they provide u full spec of svc like tuning back ur ecu while porting tb.u ll feel ur car no more vibrating when idling after they re tuning the ecu.but 4 me,porting tb is just good enough.porting and play..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i did the tuning at proton before, still the same. they give me some crap reason like, its tuned to the best anymore and its too much kinda thing.

so i just head to a proton service centre and ask them to port my TB? hmmm sounds... like.. no fun LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Paint touch ups

anyone know a good place to do paint touch ups and also services for getting rid of 'orange peel' effect on newly painted car?

Oh yea as for more details about the title listed, please refer to the car detailing forum. I accidentally posted it here instead hehe.. pissed off punye pasal.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience