4G15 to 4G92 Mivec.. Need advice

shah285

shah285

Oct 26, 2004
Hoping this is the rite place to discuss..

I'm thinking to convert my old carbie 1.5 wira to mivec.. Any advice? It can be anything, pro, cons, manual, auto.. anything that U guys wanna share..

Currently I'm using standard wira and EF (Converted to B16A). Can I compare those 2 engine?

Thanks in advance :)

munky

1,500 RPM

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
b16a is more powerful than mivec. Believe me. It was proven many times.

Ok if u want to convert to mivec, check whether it comes with lsd gearbox. IF it didnt come with it, it should be way cheaper, coz the gearbox itself costs around RM2k. Now not sure, maybe less than that. And check the lsd gearbox if it's still in good condition. Mine last time, i thought still ok. But when i sold the car, the guy said the gearbox is actually rosak already. But can still move la.

Auto or manual, depends on u la. I prefer manual. Better FC. What else ar ? Forgot la hehe. That's all for now. Cant remember anymore.

shah285

shah285

Oct 26, 2004
OK, as what I understand, LSD make ur front wheel rotate in the same speed, rite. What is the advantages of having LSD? Does it adviceable for everyday running car? Just for ur info, I'm not really aiming for high end power. Its just to migrate from fuel draining carburator to 1.6 injection. Why 1.6, is because 50% roadtax.. hehe.. Thanks for the info anyway.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
shah285 said:
OK, as what I understand, LSD make ur front wheel rotate in the same speed, rite. What is the advantages of having LSD? Does it adviceable for everyday running car? Just for ur info, I'm not really aiming for high end power. Its just to migrate from fuel draining carburator to 1.6 injection. Why 1.6, is because 50% roadtax.. hehe.. Thanks for the info anyway.
advantage of LSD, have better pickup coz have more traction...
but it is not so advisable for everyday running car as ur tyres will wear out pretty soon...

traction = friction = tyres wear out fast....

leemoto

leemoto

Jan 9, 2006
how about if i want to convert my 4g15 to -> 4g92 MIVEC?

but i'm using iswara. Is it possible to do the conversion?

can anyone suggest a workshop? (klang valley)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience