4a-ge blacktop engine startup at rpm

jasonk81

Mar 21, 2011
Miri Sarawak
Hi toyota sifus,

Just wondering what's the normal rpm that a blacktop revs up to upon a engine startup. My bt seems to rev straight up to 3000rpm for half a sec before it stabilizes at 1000rpm. Is this normal? Thanks in advance..

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
IMHO 1600 rpm is a bit on a high side...will waste a lot of fuel just to warm up the engine...

if you are a DIY kind of person...can refer to this link for the technical working...

:: [DIY] How to clean 4age 20v ISCV :: March :: 2008

if not you can always ask your mech to do it for you...

ps://not my blog...so the credit goes to the blogger... :adore:

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I guess you don't want to strip down your ISCV like what the blogger did or else you will be in troubles :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

At start up, your rpm shouldn't surge up more than 2500rpm. And at working temperature, the rpm should be around 830-930rpm.
(refer to BT service manual page EF-46)

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
mine goes up to around 1500 for a few minutes until the engine has warmed up then it will be around 800-900...

bro jasonk81, nothing to worry about...its normal...

jasonk81

Mar 21, 2011
Miri Sarawak
hehe, thanks guys. Lots of helpful tips here. Just got a 5 speed bt transplant into my ae92 corolla. It does seem that the rpm surge is not always at 3000rpm, sometimes 2500rpm. when it gets hotter, the surge is below 1500rpm. Anyway, currently working on some fittings of the ae111 trueno dashboard in the cockpit. My mechanic couldn't fit the gear shifter to the center of the gearboot opening. As for the handbrake, it looks like ae92 design is on the left, while ae111 is on the right. Anybody did a mod to make this work?

redsider

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Malacca
As for the handbrake, it looks like ae92 design is on the left, while ae111 is on the right. Anybody did a mod to make this work?
I left it be. just mod (cut) the handbrake console. it looks like hollowed a bit, but you may ask any cushion shop to fill the hollowed area at your handbrake console :biggrin: I've done it, but have yet to go to cushion shop to make the filler. I'll show some pics how my mech did it for me soon.

Last edited:

jasonk81

Mar 21, 2011
Miri Sarawak
I left it be. just mod (cut) the handbrake console. it looks like hollowed a bit, but you may ask any cushion shop to fill the hollowed area at your handbrake console :biggrin: I've done it, but have yet to go to cushion shop to make the filler. I'll show some pics how my mech did it for me soon.
hehe, aight. I decided to replaced my whole handbrake with a ae111 handbrake. shifted to the right and backwards abit. Finally managed to fit into the opening of the console, not perfect though. Now figuring on how to hold the console down to the ground, seems like need to make a platform as it needs to be higher to fit the fitting with the piece from the gear shifter part

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

vvt disabled...:proud::burnout:
aiks, sorry guys, a little confused . VVT disabled?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any1 has face this problem b4?? i hav send ti tyre shop to check my tyre twice & couldn't find where it leak??? after few days i pump my tyre... it flat again??? kind of fed-up already??
any1 can help???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience