Transplanting 4A-GE SVT 20v to AE90. have some questions to ask

raist86

Sep 26, 2008
Hie guys, first time posting here.

I'm planning to do an engine transplant in April and i'm located in malacca.

The engine i'm aiming for is the 20v SVT. Was told that it's less maintainance intensive as compared to BT.

I'm looking for a halfcut with the SVT (manual tranny) to transplant it into my old AE90. Wanna give the old girl some extra life :). So far in Malacca, i've managed to find only one shop (in Malim Jaya) which have an AE100 with SVT (92k km on odo). The shop owner quoted me a price of RM 4500 for the halfcut which i think it's a little outrageous.

Anyone knows where i can get a more reasonably priced halfcut and any recommended mechanic to do the job? Btw, i'm quite clueless about the JPJ thingy. My AE90 is currently running the 1st generation 4A-FE (dad did the transplant long time ago from 1.3l to 1.6l). My transplant to the 4A-GE shouldn't be much of a hassle rite? Any advice is very much appreciated.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Hie guys, first time posting here.

I'm planning to do an engine transplant in April and i'm located in malacca.

The engine i'm aiming for is the 20v SVT. Was told that it's less maintainance intensive as compared to BT.

I'm looking for a halfcut with the SVT (manual tranny) to transplant it into my old AE90. Wanna give the old girl some extra life :). So far in Malacca, i've managed to find only one shop (in Malim Jaya) which have an AE100 with SVT (92k km on odo). The shop owner quoted me a price of RM 4500 for the halfcut which i think it's a little outrageous.

Anyone knows where i can get a more reasonably priced halfcut and any recommended mechanic to do the job? Btw, i'm quite clueless about the JPJ thingy. My AE90 is currently running the 1st generation 4A-FE (dad did the transplant long time ago from 1.3l to 1.6l). My transplant to the 4A-GE shouldn't be much of a hassle rite? Any advice is very much appreciated.

That price... walao eh.... I think you better take blacktop la... more powerful...
yes... if already 4AFE, mean no need to mod the mounting already...

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
u definitely need help from melaka toyotarian. silvertop shouldn't at tat price, unless it's full of performance parts. even blktop hafcut wouldn't cost tat much (at least in KL). but i beg to differ on the maintenance part u mentioned. i've been using blktop in my ae92 for few years now and no maintenance issue at all, mainly because it is newer from silvertop. silvertop is from '92-95'. blktop from '95-'99. so go figure. if u maintaine wisely, as in engine oil and filter and change all the oil seals, tat wil bring u many miles. unless u open up the engine and change internal organs, then tat time depends on ur mech skill already.

so end of the day, see ur budget. at least 5k - 7k is expected for silvertop or blktop standard transplant.

d3cipher

Mar 5, 2009
you also need to change your exhaust pipings, since the 20V ST uses 2.38" of pipes.... i also have 20V ST on my ae90 too :biggrin:

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
rm 4.5k for SVT???better u get the BT..even BT just rm4k,normally.

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
if 4.5k for svt better go for bt. unless u get some after market part in tahat halfcut.

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
No la.. BT maintanence wont be more costly.
In fact, BT is one hell of a solid engine that doesn't even require any special attention.
Been driving my BT for couple of years now.
So far no significant problem that I can think of.
I strongly recommend you get the BT over SVT as the power gains is more than worth the extra dough.

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
i tot svt lesser than 4k one? yen also drop already lah... get help from lobang king here or malacan toyotarian lah.. u need to mod gb mounting if going for 6 speed, as for 5 speed juz plug n play.. got budget go for bt lah.. it is newer n easier to find parts, lower maintainance also compared to svt,

p.s if u wan to become silent killer... use the twin muffler lah.. totaly no sound but can go fast.. economical also.. hehehe....

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
p.s if u wan to become silent killer... use the twin muffler lah.. totaly no sound but can go fast.. economical also.. hehehe...
Eh.. I can't agree more. Toyota sure knew what they were doing when they designed this baby!

epi4972

Sep 7, 2006
go find ur halfcut at muar...there r many svt n bt halfcut at muar...

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
yesterday just went to malim area halfcut..not much found toyota part there...just found fx grill n headlamp...price for RM 4xx....huahuahuahua...
if let say in KL area...svt halfcut is around rm 3k for manual tranny...so if shipping i thinks around rm200 buck....save budget a bit....if u have fren here (i mean in KL area) can ask details laaaaa.....another option is how about take ur car to any trusted workshop, find halfcut and fix it....

this is not about choosing either SVT or Bt halfcut....bro raist86 in melaka..so the halfcut price mush2 different from KL/Selangor area.....if svt price RM 4.5k there, maybe Bt halfcut can reach rm 5.5k......my advice..do some research 1st...what price ranging in ur area, labour charge, trusted foreman n workshop and main part..ur budget.....
just my 2cents.......welcome to 20v gang...muakakakak
p/s...a bit racunning...:biggrin:

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
go find ur halfcut at muar...there r many svt n bt halfcut at muar...
yup,muar can give u many choices of toyota halfcut.otherwise,u just go through to mount austin at JB..btw,welcome to 20v world

raist86

Sep 26, 2008
I'm gonna go hunt for halfcut this sat. btw, i'm staying in subang so i'm thinking of going to klang (which i heard got quite alot of halfcut shops). Any shop to recommend? Depending on how much the difference, i might still change my mind lo. Still have to find a mechanic to do the transplant.. haih.

6 spd need to change mounting arr, then i guess i will be going for 5 spd lo, dun wan make things too complicated... As for the permit and approval, what do i need to do? My AE90 came with a 1.3L engine which my dad changed to the 4A-FE 1.6L in 2000. Swapping to the 4A-GE shouldn't be a problem with JPJ rite? I'm noob at the process so would appreciate the advice. What do i need to do first?

corollagl

Mar 14, 2009
Hi frenz.
I still new here,
but im interested in your articles.
I also transpanting 20vbt to my EE90.Now inprogress.
Next week will finish all convertion and tested.
first time i want to 20vst.but my mechanic not recommended.
He say computer box 4 20vst easyly kapuk after 5 years using.
Also power pun kuranglah.
So i decide to buy 20vbt at 2.8K hafl cut at klang selangor.
Got fuel tank ee92, Disc beark front n rear also gear console n absorber front n rear.
:wavey::wavey::wavey:
:driver::driver::driver:

raist86

Sep 26, 2008
hmm bt so cheap arr?

Everywhere i ask also bt wan at least 3.5-5k.. 5spd and 6 spd.

Where u did your transplant? Mechanic reliable?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need Help . Just bought a caldina zt 2005 . the problem is when driving suddenly no fuel come . langsung tak boleh pergi . then off engine and start again it turn okay. but sometime will come again . i go for mechanic . they change my high pressure pump cause me rm1100. though can solve the problem . but now when i drive 150 160km . my engine signal suddely light and my car no power or fuel come . got damm.....any wish and caldina owner pls help me to solve this problem. what is the main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience