185WHP:ONLY Honda Parts - Whats the winning formula?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Okay.. here's a risky setup, not recommended for people who don't own a workshop since something liable to go wrong if you assemble improperly.

B16A head, polished but not ported, B20 internals with honda PCT pistons (yes, the sleeves will be very thin after boring... this is the only part that you can and will screw up, but if done properly, should work like a charm!), R intake and throttle body, and PCT ECU, with fuel regulator, and rev limited to 7K. Forgot if he did block guard or posting for the sleeves. 2.25 piping.

Power... somewhere in the region of 200whp, but some setups can get a bit less than that.. like 187, 185, etc.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
That setup 200bhp cannot get:regular_smile: With tap RRR intake and ezos wif 2.25 chocking piping. Std cams or tap R b16b cams wif regulator, chip, VAFC fuel pump, most you can get is 190bhp "on engine":regular_smile: But torque is OK larr,,,power is very tight (aka cannot tarik) lorr.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
V8_nutter said:
That setup 200bhp cannot get:regular_smile: With tap RRR intake and ezos wif 2.25 chocking piping. Std cams or tap R b16b cams wif regulator, chip, VAFC fuel pump, most you can get is 190bhp "on engine":regular_smile: But torque is OK larr,,,power is very tight (aka cannot tarik) lorr.
Yeah.. but still the 185whp target probably can reach I think.

I forgot that cams also changed lah...also from type R.. Don't remember if it was a B16B or a B18C.. but I think the dyno paper did show we got 200whp..

but that was an old setup.. did run it for a year plus as a daily driver without problems...now different already...

another shop tried the same setup, and broke stuff.. ROFL!

As for the sizing of the intakes and piping... we got up to 250whp on type R intakes and 2.25" pipes (that was the max we could ever get but on a heavily modified 2.3L-lah.., and we know now that the intakes and exhaust are the current restriction... since this is just a hobby project, It's only worked on when my mech friend got time)..

That's why want to contact R-engineering... my friend thinks he wants to experiment with quads after I 'cucuk' him a bit... ROFL!

Last edited:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
shiroitenshi said:
Yeah.. but still the 185whp target probably can reach I think.

I forgot that cams also changed lah...also from type R.. Don't remember if it was a B16B or a B18C.. but I think the dyno paper did show we got 200whp..

but that was an old setup.. did run it for a year plus as a daily driver without problems...now different already...

another shop tried the same setup, and broke stuff.. ROFL!

As for the sizing of the intakes and piping... we got up to 250whp on type R intakes and 2.25" pipes.. but on a 2.3L-lah..
185hp cann but 200whp wif tap rrr cams surely cannot. Unless he dyno on Speedworks can larr (old dyno). Get what i mean:angel_smile:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
V8_nutter said:
185hp cann but 200whp wif tap rrr cams surely cannot. Unless he dyno on Speedworks can larr (old dyno). Get what i mean:angel_smile:

Well.. that's the answer then.. 185whp on totally OEM parts.

Thing is.. workmanship is always an issue here in malaysia.. so might or might not get that 185whp target...

Anyway risky oh! I look at the sleeve also I takut already.. very thin woah..... sleeve better, but that was an experiment on OEM parts, and I think 200whp is the definite limit.. we didn't (dyno it on speedworks dyno)

I forgot the size of the bore.. but I do remember we did get 200whp... and I remember looking at the thin sleeves and thinking.. "This could break!"

But it didn't, and his son is driving it still (albeit with other mods now)

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
shiroitenshi said:
Okay.. here's a risky setup, not recommended for people who don't own a workshop since something liable to go wrong if you assemble improperly.

B16A head, polished but not ported, B20 internals with honda PCT pistons (yes, the sleeves will be very thin after boring... this is the only part that you can and will screw up, but if done properly, should work like a charm!), R intake and throttle body, and PCT ECU, with fuel regulator, and rev limited to 7K. Forgot if he did block guard or posting for the sleeves. 2.25 piping.

Power... somewhere in the region of 200whp, but some setups can get a bit less than that.. like 187, 185, etc.
shiro, i dun really get it....tht b20 internals setup using PCT psitons is in which block ? B16B ? B20 ? if b16 how come the sleeve become thin ? as i know PCT pistons is 81mm only...or maybe have 81.25 or 81.5mm only..... then if b20 block....PCT piston got 84-86mm meh ? :confused_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

please keep your eye on white toyota harrier year 98 model with full skirting and heavy tinted on all mirror.not reflective type,those black one

num plate not important,because bearing fake num plate
anyway it was bearing this num(WLU 8909) when he try to steal/rob my fren car

driven by chinese

this guys try to steal my fren car on the 2nd day of cny.morning around 5am.failed to open auto gate,try to rob key with parang.chased my fren with parang,my fren lock himself inside his room...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience