• Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 25K
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

seven

Dec 3, 2003
Hi Guys,
We must also not forget that these timings are not inclusive of the tarmac at Sepang and other drag strips. Wat I understand and learn from a regular guy that has been hitting low 9's to high 8's in his Silvia in Australia, is that their drag strip is solely used for drag racing, and before any drag events, a fine spray of "sticky" substance will be distributed onto the tarmac. That's why you see a huge lorry with a canister going thru the strip first. And if you place you hands on the tarmac after that, you'd have difficultly pulling back. That's when you'll see the rwd cars hitting faster timings then the 4wd's. And that's where all the hoosier and m/t tires can be fully utilised. That's when you'll start seeing lots of wheel stands, and wheelie bars.

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by seven@Sep 14 2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys,
We must also not forget that these timings are not inclusive of the tarmac at Sepang and other drag strips. Wat I understand and learn from a regular guy that has been hitting low 9's to high 8's in his Silvia in Australia, is that their drag strip is solely used for drag racing, and before any drag events, a fine spray of "sticky" substance will be distributed onto the tarmac. That's why you see a huge lorry with a canister going thru the strip first. And if you place you hands on the tarmac after that, you'd have difficultly pulling back. That's when you'll see the rwd cars hitting faster timings then the 4wd's. And that's where all the hoosier and m/t tires can be fully utilised. That's when you'll start seeing lots of wheel stands, and wheelie bars.
So, when we hit 9 seconds 1/4m timeslips in Sepang, we should be able to go deep into 8 sec 1/4m on Australia drag strips if the drive train does not break and engine does not bog down. The same goes for all classes and speeds achieved thus far at Sepang.:D

seven

Dec 3, 2003
True. These are some of the problems the drag cars face in the actual drag strips. Transmission problem and extra load on engine. But from wat I see, some of the local guys are using ford 9" differential's and thicker drive shafts, which should be adequate for a drag strip tarmac. I understand the guys from thailand have their drags on normal tarmac also, and there was this particular 9sec car from US that went there to compete. But came out only 11+sec. How bout the Jun Hyper Lemon car? When Mr Koyama went down to PG to perform? The car was going sideways. They even brought the car down to s'pore's carpark sprint and it was going sideways instead of straight. But nonetheless, with those timings we are achieveing in sepang, we can well hit in the low 9's or 8's with a proper drag strip and transmission.

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
hi,

can someone tell me. Levin 1.6cc AE111 is joining which class of Sepang Drag event? C or D?

Thank you...

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
wira 4, 5 bar map sensor? Sure you want or not? Think 4 bar, engine explode car still spinning tires at starting line la...hahahaha

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 15 2004, 10:15
wira 4, 5 bar map sensor? Sure you want or not? Think 4 bar, engine explode car still spinning tires at starting line la...hahahaha
Eevolution,

100% sure lah. 4 bar only means 3 bar boost saje. If you know what you are supposed to do, there is no problem. Trust me. B)

de blue's

500 RPM
May 15, 2004
supramaniam r u the guy driving the black jza80 look alike gt supra in ipoh one?
phoenixpower:r u own sw20?

de blue's

500 RPM
May 15, 2004
supramaniam r u the guy driving the black jza80 look alike gt supra in ipoh one?

de blue's

500 RPM
May 15, 2004

de blue's

500 RPM
May 15, 2004

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
Wira 4, ai yo..I really thought you were joking.. ok I'll find out..
What sort of fuel are you using in your car?

vinkelvin

Aug 7, 2004
Mr Supramaniam,

u r very clear about any movement in ipoh!! all u say is correct. tat blue GTR (ACF 1) is at st powerd. this guy had at least 9 vechicle in ipoh n he had around 50 petrol station. v rich guy. btw last time who driving yellow GTR not tta old man lah, he just 44 yrs old only. all tat 4 fellow last time play R33. tat yellow skyline not sold 2 johor, is the johor guy put his skyline at his house only. v simple tat ipoh man is his uncle.

wira4

Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by Eevolution3@Sep 15 2004, 12:09
Wira 4, ai yo..I really thought you were joking.. ok I'll find out..
What sort of fuel are you using in your car?
Race fuel loh. :D

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by supramaniam@Sep 15 2004, 00:44
the yellow aes6 is originally belongs to an old china man in ipoh......same gang with the blue no.1 , black no.8 and the white number 6....all R34...this group use to play EVO6 two years ago......lepak Garage R often.....but now no more....claim to be freak of garage R choping knive.....the blue no.1 and the white no.6 is Vspec2.......the blue no.1 goes to st power singapore quite often...and its fully loaded......

aes 6 was sold to johore last year...when he sell that car, only twin SQV, ext system, filter and boost controller-ed...... as he wanted to buy a V35...but too bad that he didnt know thats a NA car....ended up, he bought an E7 yellow colour with "A?? 7" plated........

clear? ;)
oiii didnt know u got post in ZTH one...

eric_koh83

Apr 27, 2004
When is the next Sepang Drag Race? Pls post the answer a.s.a.p! thank you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A BTCC car, is a car that is stripped down and modified for use in the British Touring Car Championship. Watch this video provided by Honda, on how do they get about to modify their regular Honda Civic, into a powerful BTCC Honda Civic car.

YouTube - What is a BTCC car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience