Overhaul engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
haha...thanks AD EG...but...i think i'll stick with kl workshops...impossible for me to go there now
thanks for all the inputs..gave me a better idea

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
haha...thanks AD EG...but...i think i'll stick with kl workshops...impossible for me to go there now
thanks for all the inputs..gave me a better idea

glad to be of assitance my friend...after you've completed your current plans of overhaul pleaseeee pm me the things you have done such as changed/replaced or added for performance and tell me the results and also how you feel k ? i would really appreciate it.

Thanks bro.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
Yes,

if youre gonna maintain with the GSR head,get Skunk2 Gsr intake mani which is almost similar with Type R intake..It depends how deep your pocket is bro...there a few things you can do...it depends how much youre willing to spend on the engine...type R piston CR reaches 12 wei...heheh skating on thin ice.

Why do you need an overhaul? if youre doing it just for the sake of keeping your engine in good shape..then just replace what needs to be replaced like brother amtomjet mentioned above..once the engine is opened up..they will know what exactly is worn out...but you should go to a trusted mech so you dont get conned bro.If you dont have any in mind hopefully some members can recommend to this brother in need...im in Johor,if you come here ill be more than happy to take you :itsme:
actually, if you are running stock cams or type-r cams, don't go for Skunk 2 IM.
They're meant for aftermarket cams.
I ran them on a type-r engine and lost power overall. I contacted Skunk2 in the US and they informed me that the IM should be a stage 2 mod. There is a segment on their website recommending that as well.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
actually, if you are running stock cams or type-r cams, don't go for Skunk 2 IM.
They're meant for aftermarket cams.
I ran them on a type-r engine and lost power overall. I contacted Skunk2 in the US and they informed me that the IM should be a stage 2 mod. There is a segment on their website recommending that as well.
bro,

im quite suprised with this...Cause ive got quite a number of frens who already installed skunk2 intake+super90 throttle and all gained power...a few of them only using type r cams and and the rest not aftermarket cams.

And the skunk2 intake was supposidly a replica of honda type R intake which is also cheaper.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
bro,

im quite suprised with this...Cause ive got quite a number of frens who already installed skunk2 intake+super90 throttle and all gained power...a few of them only using type r cams and and the rest not aftermarket cams.

And the skunk2 intake was supposidly a replica of honda type R intake which is also cheaper.
the old skunk2 intake is a replica of the type-r IM. but the current model is the S2 Pro Intake Manifold. this is much bigger.

I too was confused, which is why I contacted Skunk direct. You can post a question to them as well. They are quite friendly and willing to answer queries.

On the dyno, with the S2Pro IM on, I gained maybe 1-2 peak HP, however except for that small peak point, the power curve overall dropped.

spoke to Jacky of JC Racing as well and he gave the same feedback. It is beneficial with aftermarket cams.

jasmanz

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
bro if u interested to transplan B18B dohc non vtec model integra/civic i got and u can
using ur head vtec i've done before.halfcut price 5500 c/w gear box Sc40 plus installation at puchong area call me if u interested 012-2667477 tq

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the old skunk2 intake is a replica of the type-r IM. but the current model is the S2 Pro Intake Manifold. this is much bigger.

I too was confused, which is why I contacted Skunk direct. You can post a question to them as well. They are quite friendly and willing to answer queries.

On the dyno, with the S2Pro IM on, I gained maybe 1-2 peak HP, however except for that small peak point, the power curve overall dropped.

spoke to Jacky of JC Racing as well and he gave the same feedback. It is beneficial with aftermarket cams.

i was planning to get this intake next but im looking for the one specifically for Gsr...as i know GSR skunk2 intake is different compared for the one on b16/b18...dont know if its gonna be the same case...

Last edited:

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
im getting back my car on monday...
grand total for repair is RM4597? fuhhh....

that includes , change bearings , one conrod...one (piston bearing/piston)?..repair back crankshaft
2 engine mounting , steering rack , water pump...timing belt...and all other seals, rubbers that is worn out +semi synth engine oil , workmanship

i hope everything will be fine when i get it back..after spending so much

by the way anyone know whats cam angle?
someone told me..i will loose power if the foreman didnt know how to do it properly
(no idea what is it)

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
did ur pomen remove ur cam from cam pulley??
if not, then u shouldnt worry bout cam angle la
or he might remove it during replacing the cam oil seal
u must check with him la

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
usually the mechanic follow the marking...or they will make their own marking...so no worries..but better check with him..

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
ohh...i saw the cam is still with the pulley...so i guess it will be fine :)

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
heres the complete list of repair with price
hope it would help others that might wanna do overhaul..to compare price

the engine is back to normal
i dont dare to rev it yet...so havent try vtec
maybe after driving 1000-2000km

Attachments

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
heres the complete list of repair with price
hope it would help others that might wanna do overhaul..to compare price

the engine is back to normal
i dont dare to rev it yet...so havent try vtec
maybe after driving 1000-2000km

2000km ah bro?? wahh i dont think need to wait so long right....500km i think good enough bro.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
i was planning to get this intake next but im looking for the one specifically for Gsr...as i know GSR skunk2 intake is different compared for the one on b16/b18...dont know if its gonna be the same case...
yup, the gsr head is different which is why the IM is different as well.

you can take a look at the skunk2 cookbook

http://www.skunk2.com/CookBook.php

you can also ask em about it via this link
http://www.skunk2.com/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=submit_ticket

you'll need to register n raise a ticket...they normally get back to you within 48 hours.

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
lol...shit...
i couldnt resist to wait so long
i tried vtec already
it was great!
ok..gotta control my foot now..until 500 km..hehe

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lol...shit...
i couldnt resist to wait so long
i tried vtec already
it was great!
ok..gotta control my foot now..until 500 km..hehe

hehehe glad you're happy bro... :top:

Thank you for contacting the Helpdesk at Skunk2 Racing.

The factory GSR intake manifold is a two stage manifold that utilizes internal butterfly assemblies to alter airflow in order to generate better low end torque as well as high end horsepower. Swapping to a single stage manifold such as the Pro Series intake manifold will result in slightly lower bottom end torque, but significant power and torque gains throughout the mid to high RPM's. Installed on a bone stock engine you would see a slight dip in the graph early, but would see about a 6-8whp gain after 4500 RPM. With ECU tuning you can eliminate the dip down low by re-optimizing the program for the single stage manifold.

To directly answer your question you do not need aftermarket camshafts to see legitimate power gains out of the Pro Series Intake Manifold for the GSR. If it were my build my next purchase would be a Hondata S100 so that I could tune the ECU to optimize for not only the Intake Manifold but the other mods as well. Not only will you see significantly better power gains, but improved drivability as well.

If you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy please let us know.

Brian Nichols
Customer Service
Skunk2 Racing
2050 5th St.
Norco, Ca

Make sure to visit www.Skunk2.com for New Product listings, Skunk2 news and events and much more!

A Post Every 5 Mins

To all satria GTI CONVERTED OWNERS...

Do you ever realized that maybe your 'Gti barang" is stolen stuff?, Do you ever question how these item come from? The parts are genuine and they sold cheaply...Boy! do a satria GTI Ori owner will sell their parts just like that knowing that GTI parts is EXPENSIVE and rare? go ask Proton and insurance company how much is the Satria GTI front recaro seat and the rear seat...you will be fucking terkezut..Its Rm8000.00!!.
So...u buy satria GTI front seat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience