Overhaul engine

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
usually the mechanic follow the marking...or they will make their own marking...so no worries..but better check with him..

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
ohh...i saw the cam is still with the pulley...so i guess it will be fine :)

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
heres the complete list of repair with price
hope it would help others that might wanna do overhaul..to compare price

the engine is back to normal
i dont dare to rev it yet...so havent try vtec
maybe after driving 1000-2000km

Attachments

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
heres the complete list of repair with price
hope it would help others that might wanna do overhaul..to compare price

the engine is back to normal
i dont dare to rev it yet...so havent try vtec
maybe after driving 1000-2000km

2000km ah bro?? wahh i dont think need to wait so long right....500km i think good enough bro.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
i was planning to get this intake next but im looking for the one specifically for Gsr...as i know GSR skunk2 intake is different compared for the one on b16/b18...dont know if its gonna be the same case...
yup, the gsr head is different which is why the IM is different as well.

you can take a look at the skunk2 cookbook

http://www.skunk2.com/CookBook.php

you can also ask em about it via this link
http://www.skunk2.com/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=submit_ticket

you'll need to register n raise a ticket...they normally get back to you within 48 hours.

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
lol...shit...
i couldnt resist to wait so long
i tried vtec already
it was great!
ok..gotta control my foot now..until 500 km..hehe

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lol...shit...
i couldnt resist to wait so long
i tried vtec already
it was great!
ok..gotta control my foot now..until 500 km..hehe

hehehe glad you're happy bro... :top:

Thank you for contacting the Helpdesk at Skunk2 Racing.

The factory GSR intake manifold is a two stage manifold that utilizes internal butterfly assemblies to alter airflow in order to generate better low end torque as well as high end horsepower. Swapping to a single stage manifold such as the Pro Series intake manifold will result in slightly lower bottom end torque, but significant power and torque gains throughout the mid to high RPM's. Installed on a bone stock engine you would see a slight dip in the graph early, but would see about a 6-8whp gain after 4500 RPM. With ECU tuning you can eliminate the dip down low by re-optimizing the program for the single stage manifold.

To directly answer your question you do not need aftermarket camshafts to see legitimate power gains out of the Pro Series Intake Manifold for the GSR. If it were my build my next purchase would be a Hondata S100 so that I could tune the ECU to optimize for not only the Intake Manifold but the other mods as well. Not only will you see significantly better power gains, but improved drivability as well.

If you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy please let us know.

Brian Nichols
Customer Service
Skunk2 Racing
2050 5th St.
Norco, Ca

Make sure to visit www.Skunk2.com for New Product listings, Skunk2 news and events and much more!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having question, which alot people said that open pod was`t suitable on automatic transmission.
I have few numbers of friends installed open pod on their automatic myvi, vios, persona, accord, civic and 350z also having good result on performance increase.
Another weird answer from a friend with 350z roadster is better fuel consume after installing a long ram open pod + CAI with heat shield cover.

I`m currently going to do a short ram intake with heat shield cover for my 1.5l automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience