Overhaul engine

kuNyit

1,500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Moon
Visit site
is better to check what's da problem exactly... otherwise all of then will con you!!!
go for a gud and knowledgeable mech

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
amtonjet...thanks for ur offer...but its too far...afriad engine pecah by the time reach there..

ad eg...thanks for ur suggestions..type R head sounds good...as well as b16a pistons..hmm

kunyit...yea...thats exactly what im worried about...conman mechanics...sighs
tell lotsa bullshit stories...and prices

so far almost all mechanics tellng me different stories
some say have to replace everything or else it wont last long
some say can repair back the damaged parts and still last long

when we do full overhaul...do they take everything out and put it back again?(whole engine from top to bottom)
or they just change the necessary stuffs is sufficient?
for example..they dont dismantel the whole engine..but just replace back the damaged part only
will it affect the overall performance of the engine?
lastly..how about tuning? have to retune again right?

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
ok..no probs bro~~
yup necessery stuff will do...eg:oil seals,o-rings,bearings,piston rings.gaskets n so on...
n if theres any damage part..need to change too..n yes it will need to get to the correct timing,otherwise no point to do overhaul...:biggrin:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
i used to have an eg 2 doors wit gsr engine,
so one day a so called friend of mine lenjan that car till the bearing and crank bonded together(no oil).

so i sent my car to a workshop.oklah that fellar did his job.but u need to know lah wut should u change and what not.
for an instance,if ur crank and conrod still ok,why need to change it to b20?yupe,higher compression,but even btr if u put b16a piston,i did on mine,but wouldnt dare to put b16b one,hehe..
u'll get about 11.6 CR with gsr head,and gsr head is much smaller than type r head which is the same as b16a,almost quite lah.

owh yeah,the overhaul cost rm2.8k,with b20 conrod and cranck(have to buy b20 block though).
and b16a pistons,used.and here and there new and used part,which one is still ok i'll just used it back

i think its btr for u to change to skunk intake for gsr rather change to b16a head,IMHO.

correct me if m wrong.just my 5 cents.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Yes,

if youre gonna maintain with the GSR head,get Skunk2 Gsr intake mani which is almost similar with Type R intake..It depends how deep your pocket is bro...there a few things you can do...it depends how much youre willing to spend on the engine...type R piston CR reaches 12 wei...heheh skating on thin ice.

Why do you need an overhaul? if youre doing it just for the sake of keeping your engine in good shape..then just replace what needs to be replaced like brother amtomjet mentioned above..once the engine is opened up..they will know what exactly is worn out...but you should go to a trusted mech so you dont get conned bro.If you dont have any in mind hopefully some members can recommend to this brother in need...im in Johor,if you come here ill be more than happy to take you :itsme:

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
haha...thanks AD EG...but...i think i'll stick with kl workshops...impossible for me to go there now
thanks for all the inputs..gave me a better idea

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
haha...thanks AD EG...but...i think i'll stick with kl workshops...impossible for me to go there now
thanks for all the inputs..gave me a better idea

glad to be of assitance my friend...after you've completed your current plans of overhaul pleaseeee pm me the things you have done such as changed/replaced or added for performance and tell me the results and also how you feel k ? i would really appreciate it.

Thanks bro.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
Yes,

if youre gonna maintain with the GSR head,get Skunk2 Gsr intake mani which is almost similar with Type R intake..It depends how deep your pocket is bro...there a few things you can do...it depends how much youre willing to spend on the engine...type R piston CR reaches 12 wei...heheh skating on thin ice.

Why do you need an overhaul? if youre doing it just for the sake of keeping your engine in good shape..then just replace what needs to be replaced like brother amtomjet mentioned above..once the engine is opened up..they will know what exactly is worn out...but you should go to a trusted mech so you dont get conned bro.If you dont have any in mind hopefully some members can recommend to this brother in need...im in Johor,if you come here ill be more than happy to take you :itsme:
actually, if you are running stock cams or type-r cams, don't go for Skunk 2 IM.
They're meant for aftermarket cams.
I ran them on a type-r engine and lost power overall. I contacted Skunk2 in the US and they informed me that the IM should be a stage 2 mod. There is a segment on their website recommending that as well.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
actually, if you are running stock cams or type-r cams, don't go for Skunk 2 IM.
They're meant for aftermarket cams.
I ran them on a type-r engine and lost power overall. I contacted Skunk2 in the US and they informed me that the IM should be a stage 2 mod. There is a segment on their website recommending that as well.
bro,

im quite suprised with this...Cause ive got quite a number of frens who already installed skunk2 intake+super90 throttle and all gained power...a few of them only using type r cams and and the rest not aftermarket cams.

And the skunk2 intake was supposidly a replica of honda type R intake which is also cheaper.

blackbeast

Sep 30, 2005
bro,

im quite suprised with this...Cause ive got quite a number of frens who already installed skunk2 intake+super90 throttle and all gained power...a few of them only using type r cams and and the rest not aftermarket cams.

And the skunk2 intake was supposidly a replica of honda type R intake which is also cheaper.
the old skunk2 intake is a replica of the type-r IM. but the current model is the S2 Pro Intake Manifold. this is much bigger.

I too was confused, which is why I contacted Skunk direct. You can post a question to them as well. They are quite friendly and willing to answer queries.

On the dyno, with the S2Pro IM on, I gained maybe 1-2 peak HP, however except for that small peak point, the power curve overall dropped.

spoke to Jacky of JC Racing as well and he gave the same feedback. It is beneficial with aftermarket cams.

jasmanz

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
bro if u interested to transplan B18B dohc non vtec model integra/civic i got and u can
using ur head vtec i've done before.halfcut price 5500 c/w gear box Sc40 plus installation at puchong area call me if u interested 012-2667477 tq

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the old skunk2 intake is a replica of the type-r IM. but the current model is the S2 Pro Intake Manifold. this is much bigger.

I too was confused, which is why I contacted Skunk direct. You can post a question to them as well. They are quite friendly and willing to answer queries.

On the dyno, with the S2Pro IM on, I gained maybe 1-2 peak HP, however except for that small peak point, the power curve overall dropped.

spoke to Jacky of JC Racing as well and he gave the same feedback. It is beneficial with aftermarket cams.

i was planning to get this intake next but im looking for the one specifically for Gsr...as i know GSR skunk2 intake is different compared for the one on b16/b18...dont know if its gonna be the same case...

Last edited:

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
im getting back my car on monday...
grand total for repair is RM4597? fuhhh....

that includes , change bearings , one conrod...one (piston bearing/piston)?..repair back crankshaft
2 engine mounting , steering rack , water pump...timing belt...and all other seals, rubbers that is worn out +semi synth engine oil , workmanship

i hope everything will be fine when i get it back..after spending so much

by the way anyone know whats cam angle?
someone told me..i will loose power if the foreman didnt know how to do it properly
(no idea what is it)

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
did ur pomen remove ur cam from cam pulley??
if not, then u shouldnt worry bout cam angle la
or he might remove it during replacing the cam oil seal
u must check with him la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im juz curius
fitting in a 1.5 hydraulic clutch pump in a 1.6liter engine does it effect anything ?
its look almost the the same like the 1.6 hydraulic pump but smaller a bit ..
thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience