Need advice - fail puspakom inspection

• Updates: Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs

harpoon

Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
skid....

don't be so sad......sakit hati little little only laaa....

my ride went to puspakom three times then only pass....heh the third time runner bring inside.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Is the Puspakom people really well trained meh? If any of u guys go there, try chat with them about car modding, especially for brakes and tyres.. talk about disc brake types, pot holes, skimmed, green stuff etc. if they can catch up with you.. i think they did the test well. but if they seems lost....wonder how they did the test....i think even with stock cars can slip to side a bit....

carnage

May 11, 2005
bdr baru sentul
bro y dun u try the puspakom in cheras? i know a tukang
convert engine who always go there 2 inspect coz he
sez its easier 2 pass... gd luck

skidall

May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
harpoon said:
skid....

don't be so sad......sakit hati little little only laaa....

my ride went to puspakom three times then only pass....heh the third time runner bring inside.

Harpoon,

Always sad to see bits and pieces of the tinted at the window.. By the way, Selamat Hari Raya to you too bro!

BooN

Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
wat test u did in puspakom?? if change engine brake fail doesn't mean u canot change engine. Bout the tinted sure need to take off liau LoL. Jes my 2 cent. Cheers

rizzo8

15 Year | Platinum
Oct 21, 2005
BooN said:
wat test u did in puspakom?? if change engine brake fail doesn't mean u canot change engine. Bout the tinted sure need to take off liau LoL. Jes my 2 cent. Cheers
OK, let me see if I understand this..you do not need to pass the brake test at puspakom but can still register the new engine at jpj?

i'm not sure what test was required if you change the engine. I went to puspakom, let them look at the engine bay, chassis no., engine number and all. And finally they drove the car thru the test lane, and when I get the report it mentioned brakes no good, side slip no good, tinted no good, undercarriage lulus. my understanding is I'd need to get my car reinspected again before going to jpj. correct no?

BooN

Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
i have a friend tat also fail brake but everything is ok then the b2 report pass also leh. my friend change to mivec engine. u fail tinted lo bro.... bout the side slip also nevermind wan leh.... u paying rm40 for full inspect mah not like finance. tinted window , bodykit and plate number will make u fail. only the lorry inspection require brake, smoke,allignment and other to pass. hope tis can help u n correct me if me wrong. Cheers....

hattech-v

Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
puspakom will 90% let ur inspection failed bcoz of the brake...
just try to ask any runner to do it for u n u will see how it works.. haha...
if u want to do it urself... try puspakom taman connaught... they quite 'sincere' doing their job...

last time my car with tinted oso pass... all done by the runner... hehe

lanusin

Jul 24, 2005
PENANG
same with me

on the report, it says i fail the following:
1. efficiency of service brake axle 2 LH - poor
2. efficiency of service brake axle 2 RH - poor
3. braking efficiency, service brake axle 2 - poor
4. side slip - poor

i'm also facing those failed b4. 1st u need a good balancing and alignment plus good suspension. tyre bunga kena ada gak.. for rear disc brake u need to do few time bleeding. buang angin dalam brake pump.. for my problem is i'm using the spoil suspension. when the puspakom roller my tyre move up.. so brake not fully work loo.. puspakom not measure your tyre brake but the roller which drive tyre..

skidall

May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
BooN said:

Bro,

My first inspection was in Wangsa Maju. Change engine so we need the B2 thinggy. But still need to pass the brake test. No pass, no B2. No B2, cannot go to JPJ for endorsement in the geran. Thats what i experienced few weeks back. The tinted one, sajer mau tiao me...heheh. But Rizzo, maybe u can check with Boon about this because i certainly failed on my first try, burn 40 bucks...heheh.

And yes...my 2nd trip was in Tmn Connaught...PASS flying colours...heheh

I believe if u want to just do inspection(usually when buying 2nd hand cars) but still fail for the brakes, no problem there.

BooN

Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
well going for inspection is reli headache LoL. anyway i wish anyone who change engine can pass puspakom... cheerss..

crower75

Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
skidall said:
Bro,

My first inspection was in Wangsa Maju. Change engine so we need the B2 thinggy. But still need to pass the brake test. No pass, no B2. No B2, cannot go to JPJ for endorsement in the geran. Thats what i experienced few weeks back. The tinted one, sajer mau tiao me...heheh. But Rizzo, maybe u can check with Boon about this because i certainly failed on my first try, burn 40 bucks...heheh.

And yes...my 2nd trip was in Tmn Connaught...PASS flying colours...heheh

I believe if u want to just do inspection(usually when buying 2nd hand cars) but still fail for the brakes, no problem there.
Although I live nearer to JPJ Wangsa Maju, my mech told me to pass inspection, better send to Tmn Connaught. My car was inspected and passed the very 1st time (but I did took out my tinted films).

basahboy

Feb 22, 2005
Angsana Hilir
Visit site
rizzo8 said:
on the report, it says i fail the following:
1. efficiency of service brake axle 2 LH - poor
2. efficiency of service brake axle 2 RH - poor
3. braking efficiency, service brake axle 2 - poor
4. side slip - poor
5. windscreen glass tinted.

i know what to be done on no. 5, but what about items 1 to 4 above?

some more details on the report:
side slip :
x -10.5 m/km

brake:
57 61 03 -- --
x 39 37 06 -- -- 22

fyi i just transplant b18c engine into my eg. previous engine was d15b sohc. The brakes i did not change anything since it already comes with 4 disc brakes.

need you guys expert opinion to translate these info into improving the failed items.

Thanks a lot guys.
MY advice...find a runner...these days, any change in engine has got to go through JPJ in putrajaya...then only can go to puspakom for inspection in melawati keh..etc...so very time consuming...morever these runners have ppl already so easy to deal twith...i did mine for RM350 for jpj approval, puspakom inspection and change of grant...done within 3 working days...

basahboy

Feb 22, 2005
Angsana Hilir
Visit site
hattech-v said:
puspakom will 90% let ur inspection failed bcoz of the brake...
just try to ask any runner to do it for u n u will see how it works.. haha...
if u want to do it urself... try puspakom taman connaught... they quite 'sincere' doing their job...

last time my car with tinted oso pass... all done by the runner... hehe
Last inspection a month ago pass but they fail my speedometer????????....maybe they have no idea as to what a TODA flywheel does to it...brake pass because i fitted in a 2.2Lts brake system in my type r...and yes, tinted gerentinye kena koyak..kalau nak pass, koyakkan on the spot (at least depa bagitau la...)