Need techy advice

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Hello everyone.

Need a techy advice on my EG8 setup. Currently running '92 EG8 with B16A halfcut from '94 EG6(black dash). My current setup was Open Pod K&N air filter, ITR headers with 2.3" pipe, mid bullet and 5Zigen Fireball muffler, NGK R08 with NGK Iridium and rechipped P30 ECU(9k Cut, No TopSpeed Limiter, done by previous owner).

So now, since everything else was standard kilang, which intake suits me most? Im thinkin about OEM replacement which is ITR intake. Or CTR. How was ITR compared to Skunk2 intake in terms of performance and price? And for Camshaft, im thinkin of CTR camshaft. IF i do the replacement, would it effect my block? If im usin ITR intake+CTR csmshaft, do i have to change my pistons too? Another thing, how about my exhaust pipe diameter? Is 2" good for B16A? Cuz my current 2.3" i've taken it from my fren, PnP to my EG from his B16B EG.

My driving style? Buka VTEC sminggu skali. Hehehe.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Ya.. But if i go for ITR intake, is dat good for OEM replacement? I find dat my low torque 1k-3k seems heavy but rockin on4k until cut. Skunk2 was so expensive .

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Since you have the open port air filter and this will reduce your low rev torque but increase the high rev torque.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Oh.. Izit? How about my current exhaust setup? Bfore I put this 2.3"pipe, I'm usin the old EG8 auto piping. Dunno the diameter, but it feel smooth on cruisin, although when VTEC engage it was not so loud as it is now. Lots of my fren recommended 2" pipe for B16A.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Yup, 2 inch piping just for us to 'layan' the smoothness of cruising and sometimes can 'prangggg' as we want.
The set up is almost manufacturing standard. But if you want more, normally people will use 2.3 or 2.5 like me.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Oh.. like dat o.. I think u sure have powerful B's den. Hehehe. Thanks for d advice.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Normal driving modd - standard set up + enhanced drop in filter + aftermarket full set piping + others (based on personal demand)
Mild modd - Open pod + enhanced TB + high-cam plus adjustable cam pulley + Trusted brand header and full set piping + re-chipped ECU/standalone ECU + VAFC/Vtec controller + NGK/others ignition system + fuel regulator + racing clutch + 2 layer radiator + others
:smokin:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Normal driving modd - standard set up + enhanced drop in filter + aftermarket full set piping + others (based on personal demand)
Mild modd - Open pod + enhanced TB + high-cam plus adjustable cam pulley + Trusted brand header and full set piping + re-chipped ECU/standalone ECU + VAFC/Vtec controller + NGK/others ignition system + fuel regulator + racing clutch + 2 layer radiator + others
:smokin:
If dat mild drivin mod, i will roughly say minimum 20k cost. Hohoho. Im planning for E-Manage later.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Hondata.. Ya.. Dat is 1 of d most reliable. Few of my fen use it. Over here in Kuching, the prob is a few people know how to properly tune Hondata. Not like in KL der. Dats y im goin for E-Manage. Price issue also. Hehehe.:rock:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Haha, but if the tuner over there can tune via e-manage professionally, the result will ne similar with hondata as well.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Haha, but if the tuner over there can tune via e-manage professionally, the result will ne similar with hondata as well.
Yeah. As i said, a few only could do it. Hehe. If they are available. I always go to aMad's Garage in Kuching. Have a dyno test also over there. Beside, the owner quite good with wideband commander. And also a VTEC freak. Own 2 EK9 just for drag purpose. But always go for his green EG6 for competition. AE86 for his drift. :biggrin:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Yeah. As i said, a few only could do it. Hehe. If they are available. I always go to aMad's Garage in Kuching. Have a dyno test also over there. Beside, the owner quite good with wideband commander. And also a VTEC freak. Own 2 EK9 just for drag purpose. But always go for his green EG6 for competition. AE86 for his drift. :biggrin:
He must be the 'otai' over there lah... Btw, nice to meet you bro...:smokin:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Nice to meet u too bro. Salute from Kuching's Honda Brotherhood. Hehe.. Its really great to see VTEC scenes are getting so popular these day. I wish to see ur Honda's scene over der, get to noe Hondarian from each state. In Kuching, so far Honda caught a lot of attention, from the supporters n even haters. Haha. Esp from those 4A's guys. Cuz majority of 4A's are smoked by B's here. Hahaha. But the spirit of motorsport especially VTEC scenes are positively growing over here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi..
I'd tinted my signal lamp (next to headlamp) to black!
instead of peel the tint, i want to replace it wiz friend.
coz need to bring my car for JPJ inspection. :frown:

sooo, guys... can give tips/hint how to take off/remove this
signal lamp. I scare will spoil the whole unit....
tried yesterday... but no idea where to point
the screw driver :frown:

pls refer the attachment if my defination/explaination was wrong..

thankss.. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience