Oil Cooler question. Anyone can advice?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

Currently running on a Trust oil cooler. Oil cooler is in black colour. If compare with oil cooler which is not in black color, mine is hotter (I mean oil temp reading higher coz oil cooler black color). Right?

Can we spray the oil cooler to Silver color & will the oil cooling better? IF spray, will it spoil the oil cooler?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
No paint is the best- in aluminiun original condition.
Spray will not spoilt the cooler.

In your can just try lor spray silver lor it should be better.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
like E-Tech said...no spray is better.... so that the fins can dissipate the heat without any restriction

if u spray ur adding a layer of "restriction" so the heat wont be able to be released from the fins as effectively.

if ur black is paint, get paint remove and try to remove the paint from the cooler so that its bare metal.

but have to take rust into account. not sure if the oil cooler material is a rustable material or not. so cant really confirm this one

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
The Trust Oil Cooler is original black color? Can remove it ??? :confused:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dunno.... like i said..IF ur black is paint...

they must have put the black on it somehow :P

personally, i wouldnt worry too much about it...im sure TRUST wouldnt have put the black on it if it was HUGE difference

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think electro-painted aluminium cooler and bare one doesn't differ much in term of performance...but if u still insist of changing into brighter colour and with positive effect,then u shud try spray boron-nitride coating on them.....i'm not sure who's selling them either klauto or eaautowork..i forgot who got the stock.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Amassing more than 15,000 spectators, the Top Gear Team headed to Durban, South Africa for the Top Gear Festival to make history in an attempt to be the first to successfully accomplish a double loop!

<!--more-->The double loop track stood 26-feet tall and weighing over 8 tonnes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience