Modifications That Dont Work

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
the so-called performance cables do not increase anything, they just last longer jer.. u feel a power increment when changing from the old std unit to a new ngk, memang feel more power ler. weve compared new to new, no difference at all, if any pun it was too little sangat.

avoid nology, we found out dat it decrease hp, 7hp to to be exact when we tested it. i prefer to use new std unit everytime compared to a more aftermarket counterparts. things like cables, plugs, change regularly lagi elok. i apologies for the rojak english, not in the mood today ler, tengah malas2..:stupid:
I really think that aftermarket cable plug suppose to give better performance than std one but it seem my thought is wrong ( maybe because I already influenced by the advertisement they make.. silly me..:stupid:)... If I not mistaken, suppose the aftermarket cable plug give less resistant e.g better current flow in their cable.. but why reduce in performance can happen?...:hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
we have measured, a used brand ayam aftermarket unit gives out less resistance compared to a used trd plug cable, even the shortest trd cable produced higher resistance then the cap ayam, how? like i said, marketing in everything dah nowadays..

oh, the trd's has the same resistance value as the oem's, at least from what we measured, i dunno..

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
we have measured, a used brand ayam aftermarket unit gives out less resistance compared to a used trd plug cable, even the shortest trd cable produced higher resistance then the cap ayam, how? like i said, marketing in everything dah nowadays..

oh, the trd's has the same resistance value as the oem's, at least from what we measured, i dunno..
so is that gud or bad?

i stay away frm ayam-brand cables, they don't do justice to the ICE. :mad:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ice isnt my thing anyway, as long as there is music coming out, iam okie with it dah..

err, the cap ayam performs better ler like dat.. since den, i never buy all those fancy plugs laa, cable laa, what laa, dis laa, dat laa.. its better if u increase the incoming voltage to the coil for an increment in peformance, MSD is doing just dat..

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
ice isnt my thing anyway, as long as there is music coming out, iam okie with it dah..

err, the cap ayam performs better ler like dat.. since den, i never buy all those fancy plugs laa, cable laa, what laa, dis laa, dat laa.. its better if u increase the incoming voltage to the coil for an increment in peformance, MSD is doing just dat..
suppose less resistant give stable current flow right?.. means better high voltage spark coming out from the spark plug...:hmmmm: now I'm confuse ... suppose it will give better combustion for the engine but how come it reduce performance... must be some kind of explanation here.. can u explain to me how this happen.. how less resistant cable could reduce engine performance.. suppose it give better combustion with the stable spark?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
just sharing some of the info i found about nology

http://iwcweb.com/eclipse/html/warning.html

http://rxreviews.wordpress.com/2007/04/02/avoid-sun-hotwires-nology-hot-wires-on-the-8/

" The recent Circle Track Magazine (USA, May, 1996 issue) test showed Nology “HotWires” produced no additional horsepower (the test actually showed a 10 horsepower decrease when compared to stock carbon conductor wires)." >>>exactly as what xtremeleo was saying before about 7hp decrease

"Apparently, Nology Hotwires spark plug wires are causing CEL lights due to either:
- misfirings
- melted plugs
- shorted ignition coils" >>> misfiring as what i experienced

Last edited:

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
just dont go for stuff unless its already tested out by the pros. easy advice.

like me between choosing cap ayam and branded, even if the branded doesnt perform as good as the cap ayam, have peace of mind knowing my money was well worth spent on something original and will last long.

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
It seems the nology cable plug force out the coil to create more output thats why it will damage the coil and also the spark plug (even can melt the spark plug fuh...) very dangerous... thanks for the info... Egnine...:top:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006

like me between choosing cap ayam and branded, even if the branded doesnt perform as good as the cap ayam, have peace of mind knowing my money was well worth spent on something original and will last long.

nology is no cap ayam brand, it is branded but with problem too

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

It seems the nology cable plug force out the coil to create more output thats why it will damage the coil and also the spark plug (even can melt the spark plug fuh...) very dangerous... thanks for the info... Egnine...:top:
sharing is caring :P, maybe others engine compatible with this nology cable but mine not

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
suppose less resistant give stable current flow right?.. means better high voltage spark coming out from the spark plug...:hmmmm: now I'm confuse ... suppose it will give better combustion for the engine but how come it reduce performance... must be some kind of explanation here.. can u explain to me how this happen.. how less resistant cable could reduce engine performance.. suppose it give better combustion with the stable spark?
yes, but the thing i was saying, the cap ayam was the one giving less ohmic resistance sir.. better combustion with bigger spark? i havent heard dat for years, lol

---------- Post added 10-07-2010 at 12:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 10-06-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

cap ayam doesnt mean it wont perform sir, from what ive tested it some of them performs better and last longer then those so called branded-anything. fyi, trd doesnt make anything, they just rebrand everything jer; plugs are from ngk (or was it denso? lupa laa..), plug cables are made by yamazaki, sport thermostat.. well, u get the picture. dat really means, u pay a sum extra for the label jer. i dont see y anyone wud need a professional testing for dat

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
yes, but the thing i was saying, the cap ayam was the one giving less ohmic resistance sir.. better combustion with bigger spark? i havent heard dat for years, lol
why? better combustion can be achieve in many ways... first if u can get perfect mixture (or Ideal mixture where I doubt that) between fuel and air where all the mixture can burn completely(again I doubt that).. second with high compression ratio or compression ignition (only used in diesel but currently being develop to used in petrol engine by the name GDI if i not mistaken)...third with spark.. (some car manufacture used twin spark to generate better combustion) and many more...by generate stable voltage, it make the spark plug generate stable spark in some cases much better spark... with increase the intensity of the spark, it will increase the pressure wave (not sure whether they called it pressure wave or other) of the spark and reduce the time duration of the spark to ignite complete combustion...(by doing so, I not sure either the ECU can correct the timing spark)... assume the situation like this..there is length for the spark to travel.. so if the spark generate less intensity. it will consume the time duration for the spark to travel which at the end of the combustion, it will generate more carbon rather than fully combustion.. but with high intensity, the spark travel much faster...and will create better combustion and less carbon (but the problem is Nox and other poison gasses will generate higher) so in other word better spark means better combustion..but still need some calc. to ensure correct time duration for spark travel so that it will not generate detonation (if i not mistaken):biggrin:... but still correct me if I'm wrong... still learning...

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
well i guess its safe to say, check and review the items, get some testimonials. ive heard from long ago people are advising to stay away from nology plugs..

im not sure about cap ayam, though they do look unappetizing.. as for me, i have my engine bay still in stock condition. wont do anything stupid until i am sure of the items :)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dat article gives another perspective apart from the conventional belief, aint it? thank you sir for posting dat up

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
About my belief in this matter is based on my knowledge of this book ref.. this book tells U about the combustion relation in the Internal combustion Engine... and good info about basic fundamental in internal combustion engine.... conventional belief? I don't know how to answer that la..:hmmmm:

please start from the page 229 of this book..

Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need some real advise here..badly..im kinda confused..at the moment im driving a iswara 4g91...my friend is selling of his 4g93 parts..the parts that he is letting go is 4g93 block,4g93 head(engine kosong la) and the ECU(not together with the wiring)..

1) the question is, can i use the 4g93 ECU in my 4g91 wiring...Can i modify my 4g 91 wiring to fit in the 4g93 ECU or i need to get 4g93 wiring...

2)what is meant by port polish?is it done for the head alone or together with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience