Exterior Modifications: Good and Bad experiences?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Anyone with a good and bad experience on this subject?

Lets share some here..with maybe some recommendations for newbies thinking to mod their looks.

vitrous

Known Member
Jun 18, 2005
Pahang
i think he meant about experiences. Yea..someone must have this kind of experience. exampple like, some people tend to be 'ricer' / 'ahbeng' before they could be the 'smart modder'.

for me, my bad experience is, i once put a buddyclub bumper on my lowered wira. (that time ahbeng rules)..then after go out the paint shop, the bumper crack already. so, pakai that bumper for a week then change back to the old bumper.

then my sideskirt flew off at the highway while driving. then my spoiler become a tempat jemur kain. a lot of ahbeng thingy i done before. now, i sell those wira off, then buy a putra. Just stick it to the original. "sleeper". hehe.

the good experience about modding the outside, if u mod it nicely, ppl tend to go "whoaa" even mat rempit oso. but fuck them.:driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
never liked to mod exterior...

me use kancil, if go for JDM such as Mira L2/L5, the J*J goes nut chasing u :banghead:

if customed, hate it when the fiber parts go flappy when driving at speed... as bro vitrous sez... it'll come flying around...

last year witness a wira then it's front canard ( i think) just came off... then a minute later, the GT spoiler came off (tinggal kaki je :rofl: ), nearly misses my car :afraid:

I'll stick wif my ori bodikit thank you....

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Hahaha....yeah Vitrous thats what I was talking about...adding bodykits and then having them cracking faster then 0-100km/h.

I have not modded on exterior in my life just engine performance...its always so enticing looking at cars with really cool bodykits and spoilers, so its kinda cool to hear from guys whom had some good experiences like maybe...after a mod the car seemed to get better handling at high speeds or bad ones like the whole freakin vibrates....ect ect...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
whether a not the bodykits goes flying at high speed depends on the installer and quality of fiber.

If you fiber is thin as hell or if your installer never install it properly, apa benda also fly lar.

I am driving a putra with fiber bonnet, fiber bumper, fiber side skirt, fiber spoiler
have done 230 at a lonely NKVE, everything is still intact wert. nothing rather, nothing shake.
btw, my front bumper is being held with just 2 screws as opposed to the original bumpers which is held with 6 screws and a few clips.

Boils down to installer expertise

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
whether a not the bodykits goes flying at high speed depends on the installer and quality of fiber.

If you fiber is thin as hell or if your installer never install it properly, apa benda also fly lar.

I am driving a putra with fiber bonnet, fiber bumper, fiber side skirt, fiber spoiler
have done 230 at a lonely NKVE, everything is still intact wert. nothing rather, nothing shake.
btw, my front bumper is being held with just 2 screws as opposed to the original bumpers which is held with 6 screws and a few clips.

Boils down to installer expertise
like bodykits installed by accessory shops vs dedicated bodykit shop ya?

watched my fren installed bodykit into his honda sm4.... the banglas there installed, then the boss come in and check.... if she's (yeah... the boss is a woman :love: ) not satisfied, she make the banglas do it again... end result, took the whole day just to install front lip, sideskirt and rear addons... :banghead:

but end result....after 3 months no issue :love:

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
bad experience:
an ultra famous fiber shop in sunway custom made my front grille and took 3 weeks to kao tim everythin plus paint, quote me rm650 AND it didnt fuckin fit properly...tempted to name d shop but do try guessing...

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I feel you man...sometimes they always claim great work. Guaranteed satisfaction.

Hai...I am so tempted to put in some mods like spiltters and so forth..just afraid I am going to regret it after...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Any body parts that is NOT OEM, professional fitted, and was either custom made or bought from accessory shop ... to me is not qualified and unsafe ... Like those just said, the parts might fly off ... And why do u think the OEM bumper so freakin expensive ? They can safe your ass in a crash ! Do those fibre bodykits do so ? I doubt it ... Mostly i saw is crack here and there, the car totalled ... And one more thing, aerodynamic ! Those superlow bodykits in GT race or other tuners uses, all are created from various calculations and some of them might tested in wind tunnel ... So get a life, if you think looks more important, welcome to ricer world ... For me i stay outta that ... I stick to original !!:love:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Its always a matter of time bro...after engine upgrade...always then get poisoned with bodykits...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Any body parts that is NOT OEM, professional fitted, and was either custom made or bought from accessory shop ... to me is not qualified and unsafe ... Like those just said, the parts might fly off ... And why do u think the OEM bumper so freakin expensive ? They can safe your ass in a crash ! Do those fibre bodykits do so ? I doubt it ... Mostly i saw is crack here and there, the car totalled ... And one more thing, aerodynamic ! Those superlow bodykits in GT race or other tuners uses, all are created from various calculations and some of them might tested in wind tunnel ... So get a life, if you think looks more important, welcome to ricer world ... For me i stay outta that ... I stick to original !!:love:
not all people like the OEM parts. I have to say that my fiber bumper took more beating than my OEM bumper (original putra bumper, not the taiwan made ones)

but one thing i hate is that to get this kinda quality fiber bumper, it gotta be thick and that makes it freaking heavy.

wind tunnel and bla bla bla....... how fast are u gonna go till u need all those lar
before bodykits, my car is doing bout 13km per liter
After adding all those heavy bodykits, it is still going around 13km per liter.

I would say it makes no difference besides looking different.

so whether to be poisoned by bodykits or not, it is up to personal preference.

And yeah, i heard lots of stories bout the bodykit shop in Sunway. Luckily mine is buy all over the place and install myself.
=P

Not align but i am still satisfied

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Woo hoo , my turn .. student here , save $$ for more than a year but got crack within 2 months ..:argh:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I bet its fiber right? They cant last in Malaysian weather and road conditions. However good the installer it will happen..its a matter of time.

Heard there is a new resin in the market anyone seen or heard of it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blardy hell.....Either they have fact to proof the cars they sell really belonged to all teachers.....or they are downright blardy liars.....

CANGGIH MOTOR ENTERPRISE SDN BHD - PRO Niaga Store on Mudah.my

I wonder what is next?? Car owners previously female virgins??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience