Modifications That Dont Work

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
aha the rubber grounding strap.. usually rally cars hav that coz of high vehicle height.. and when airflow passes and rubs againts the car, that causes static electricity.. well thats my own thinking, maybe wrong.. but i donno whats the effect on performance..

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
aha the rubber grounding strap.. usually rally cars hav that coz of high vehicle height.. and when airflow passes and rubs againts the car, that causes static electricity.. well thats my own thinking, maybe wrong.. but i donno whats the effect on performance..
seriously rally cars used it?...fuh...I never knew that (still newbei heheheh)... good info bro...if can, can U post the picture bro... I really need to see it and really appreciate it... :adore:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i saw it on tv, like ages ago man.. and the commentator was saying something about static electricity bla3..
static elec is something like when u turn off a TV, put ur finger on the screen n u'll feel the shock.. but this only apply to the old fashioned TV, lcd/led tv not applicable.. hehehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:eek:

Holy cow. Having read everything you two have talked about aerodynamics.. I know I have zero knowledge on what's right! LOL

Good sharing man

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
^ agreed, the more i read...the more i learn that there's so much to learn hehe

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
seriously rally cars used it?...fuh...I never knew that (still newbei heheheh)... good info bro...if can, can U post the picture bro... I really need to see it and really appreciate it... :adore:
rally gar not use rubber strip..

they use oversized mudflaps....well as the name tells...to keep the mud from flying everywhere and also from stuck in the tyre well....

but since they was sooooo wannabe rallycar,installing that childish rubber strip was enuf to them to mimick a rally car styling... :lol:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
don't forget about this thickass gigantic 'rally spec' springs that give them tonggek feel.. fuiyo. :burnout:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
don't forget about this thickass gigantic 'rally spec' springs that give them tonggek feel.. fuiyo. :burnout:
haha...tonggek car is stupid...even if want really high-ride level like rally car use on all 4shockers....
not only 2 in rear....

this upsetting the car handling balance...where normally fwd car tends to understeer...with tonggek the car understeer becomes even worse....my daihatsu pickup lori buruk can tapau easily on winding road... :driver:

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
rally gar not use rubber strip..

they use oversized mudflaps....well as the name tells...to keep the mud from flying everywhere and also from stuck in the tyre well....

but since they was sooooo wannabe rallycar,installing that childish rubber strip was enuf to them to mimick a rally car styling... :lol:
about the rubber strip... I found out in the web mention that it actually have a function to eliminate static electricity which occur at the time u drive ur car... so the static electricity dont transfer to ur body when u touch car body... it for safety reason... the static electricity generate enough to do harm to u for example can create spark and burnt especially near flammable chemical (but not so sure laaa it just info from the web heheheheh)...
for height in rally car.. I believe they make the car high is because when the car bump or jump, the undercarriage will not touch the road right?, not because suka2... car height and Center of Gravity (C.G) relate to each other for the handling...
as for tongek car... I believe they try to tiru drag car kot heheheheh... so the front tire have a good traction.. but dont know la.. just assumption only...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
about the rubber strip... I found out in the web mention that it actually have a function to eliminate static electricity which occur at the time u drive ur car... so the static electricity dont transfer to ur body when u touch car body... it for safety reason... the static electricity generate enough to do harm to u for example can create spark and burnt especially near flammable chemical (but not so sure laaa it just info from the web heheheheh)...
for height in rally car.. I believe they make the car high is because when the car bump or jump, the undercarriage will not touch the road right?, not because suka2... car height and Center of Gravity (C.G) relate to each other for the handling...
as for tongek car... I believe they try to tiru drag car kot heheheheh... so the front tire have a good traction.. but dont know la.. just assumption only...
yeah its to discharge static electricity.. if i dont see it on tonggek cars, its usually on tanker lorries..
in some cases, these tankers use metal chain to keep it in contact to the ground..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Reputable petrol company contractors don't use those straps to ground their lorries la. They have thousands of little gadgets and a thousand different procedures that protect the goods and the driver. You'd be surprised how 'advanced' these trucks are.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
haha...tonggek car is stupid...even if want really high-ride level like rally car use on all 4shockers....
not only 2 in rear....

this upsetting the car handling balance...where normally fwd car tends to understeer...with tonggek the car understeer becomes even worse....my daihatsu pickup lori buruk can tapau easily on winding road... :driver:
Totally agree with you man...totally kill the car looks. 1st of all, is freaking ugly, 2ndly is stupid.

Usually see a lot of iswara do that...sia betul...:stupid:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
recently i got some issue with performance cable plug, does it really improve performance?

been using NGK power blue color for only 2 years, but kaput already..then i change to nology hotwire but it seems like my engine not compatible with it, when hit 7k it start missfiring..so i did some research on the net and found out that few overseas blog and car forum warn that nology is bad and avoid using it...change to original cable plug then can rev upto 7.5k without misfiring....

anybody using nology plz share ur xperience..

tq

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the so-called performance cables do not increase anything, they just last longer jer.. u feel a power increment when changing from the old std unit to a new ngk, memang feel more power ler. weve compared new to new, no difference at all, if any pun it was too little sangat.

avoid nology, we found out dat it decrease hp, 7hp to to be exact when we tested it. i prefer to use new std unit everytime compared to a more aftermarket counterparts. things like cables, plugs, change regularly lagi elok. i apologies for the rojak english, not in the mood today ler, tengah malas2..:stupid:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
the so-called performance cables do not increase anything, they just last longer jer.. u feel a power increment when changing from the old std unit to a new ngk, memang feel more power ler. weve compared new to new, no difference at all, if any pun it was too little sangat.

avoid nology, we found out dat it decrease hp, 7hp to to be exact when we tested it. i prefer to use new std unit everytime compared to a more aftermarket counterparts. things like cables, plugs, change regularly lagi elok. i apologies for the rojak english, not in the mood today ler, tengah malas2..:stupid:
TQVM for sharing.. i also tot same as you, better change standard cable regularly rather than using high performance cable, 2 years kaput jugak

damn 7hp is a huge losses, no wonder i feel my car abit slower, placebo effect doesnt win that time :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This classic racer is one of the most iconic Lotus ever. I remembered this little thing in games! From our previous article on the Porsche Boxster, the owner was speechless and impressed with our work so....Today we're back at the Porsche's home to detail and coat this ride. Before we started, the owner had briefed us that the car had been repainted and been detailed prior us. We didn't expect the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience