Hot!!! ICE and HOME hybrid system!

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Bro the pic JBL GTO 12" 1220 with 1200watts imprinted on it. Is it SVC or DVC? And how much is that?

And how much is the JBL GTO 12" 1202D DVC as well?

Thanks alot. One question. That's alot of subs u have, are those new or 2nd hand ones? Coz i see some condition with scratches.

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
www.strombergpowerbooster.com
JBL GTO 15" sub DVC DM RM720
JBL GTO 12" 1202D DVC DM RM530
JBL GTO 12" 1220 SVC DM 2 Ohm RM860
JBL GT 10" 1000W PMPO SVC RM420
Price for 12" sub's box is RM140 and 15" is RM200. normal box not according to the sub's cuft requirement.

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
-DaRReN-C- said:
wah....why the price so high 1
cant give special price meh
i get mine 12" 1000watts 1 for 350 only =.=
is it DVC DM? can let me know the model? if it is confirm DVC DM or SVC DM 2 Ohm then i can take a lot from u maybe 10 pcs and above. condition must new and full warranty.

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
I just discovered it just now:-

Double Voice Coil (DVC) sub woofer is suitable for 2 channel power amp which do not have bridgeable feature. the DVC sub have 2 pairs of + and -. so, the box should have 2 pairs of + and -. then connect each pair from the sub to each pair on the power amp.

Single Voice Coil (SVC) sub woofer is suitable for monoblock or single channel power amp. there is only 1 pair of + and - on the sub and so do the monoblock power amp.

hmm... hope this help for u guys on setting up ur ICE.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
GTR said:

Double Voice Coil (DVC) sub woofer is suitable for 2 channel power amp which do not have bridgeable feature. the DVC sub have 2 pairs of + and -. so, the box should have 2 pairs of + and -. then connect each pair from the sub to each pair on the power amp.

Single Voice Coil (SVC) sub woofer is suitable for monoblock or single channel power amp. there is only 1 pair of + and - on the sub and so do the monoblock power amp.

I think we have to call GTR the master of sub....

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
GTR said:

actually both dvc and svc can be still be used with either monoblock or 2 ch, even 4 ch amp also. when the 2ch amp cant be bridged, then u have to run the subs in stereo (have to buy 2 subs), just that usually there wont be enough power for the subs, better change amp. pls dont play 2 ch stereo into 1 sub, both channels have to be mono and in phase.

dvc helps in getting double the amp power to your sub by lowering the impedance to the amp, subject to the amp's lowest impedance.

Last edited:

ryucky81

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
johore
sorry for asking, wats is the advantage for DVC sub.or it just getting double the amp power? how about the BOOOOOM sound compare with SVC sub? DVC more low or SVC more low? sorry for the super noob question.

thanks and regards + thanks in advance

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
boom sound depends on sub itself, and the box characteristics. however if u get more boom from doubling the power then dvc sub better than svc la...

Last edited:

-DaRReN-C-

RE
Oct 28, 2005
Penang
Zenn said:
boom sound depends on sub itself, and the box characteristics. however if u get more boom from doubling the power then dvc sub better that svc la...
suitable box is most important for a basic setting
or else...why waste so much space for it ?
take a tube 1 enough
=p

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
GTR said:
sold the Vmag home amp to him last 2 days. hope to hear his comments. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/default/wink.gif

Tested on my car subwoofer.....damm power man...but i don have front speaker with me to test the clear sound....but the bass damm good. if got equalizer will be better hahaaa...anyway i can said it worth for the price. :) Cannot wait until go back hometown to test it on my hifi speaker.

Last edited:

-DaRReN-C-

RE
Oct 28, 2005
Penang
brother....regardin the jbl 8" mid
you havent reply me yet
do you have stock or you can order ?

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
evo48,
if u add in good RCA and line driver, confirm lagi best! that is wat i did it oledi. the new 2 front speakers oso cheap. RM350 for 2 pcs nia. 1 year warranty.

darren,
soli forgot let u know that we do not have 8" JBL mid for sale. we have 5 inch and 6 inch only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

lately there's been many so called fuel saving product in the market...so many until pening kepala i see...if wanna fix the whole engine bay can be flooded with them..which one can trust one? i installed VS and grounding kit in my car and i just ditch the old air box for a performance air filter..now my car runs much faster..is my mind playing tricks with me? and my mech said regular servicing and tuning is the best way to save on fc..true o not? help me guys...newbie damn confused here..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience