fuel saving products

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
lately there's been many so called fuel saving product in the market...so many until pening kepala i see...if wanna fix the whole engine bay can be flooded with them..which one can trust one? i installed VS and grounding kit in my car and i just ditch the old air box for a performance air filter..now my car runs much faster..is my mind playing tricks with me? and my mech said regular servicing and tuning is the best way to save on fc..true o not? help me guys...newbie damn confused here..

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
-if you search the forum abit, you'll know fuel saving product don't work.
-VS and grounding kit do provide some improvement, but my personal opinion is that their effect differs from car to car, pretty much depend on your car's condition.
-i dun consider vs and grounding kit as fuel saver.
-changing air filter could improve performance that is for sure, but then depend on what you changed to.
-"butt dyno" sometime is purely psycological, but then sometime it might be real too. best way is to send your car to dyno. but goodluck finding one in kuching, i heard only C&C carrige oposite of hock lee center got a dyno machine in kuching, and they don't let outsider use it.
-yes your mech is right, regular service and tuning is the best way.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hey rollakid thanks for da advice...hey i changed the air filter and suddenly the sound coming frm da engine is different..so loud the engine..smth wrong o what? for ur info the old air box is removed

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
hey rollakid thanks for da advice...hey i changed the air filter and suddenly the sound coming frm da engine is different..so loud the engine..smth wrong o what? for ur info the old air box is removed
no problem dude... u change to open port filter??... its normal if u change to open port filter.... so, enjoy it.... its a wonderful music....
the other day i revved my car till 6k rpm... the 'music' it made was wonderful.... hahaha....:_:

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

guys this is a bit blur...but is it an open port filter? correct me if i'm wrong

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic...the sound very loud unlike last time...sounds like i got new exhaust o smth..hey u rev until 6k rpm? wow that's cool..mine never goes higher than the 4k level..tried many times but just cannot reach that level...i think kch roads not long enough for me to try here...when just about to reach 4k oledi sampai trafic light.. :(

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
oic...the sound very loud unlike last time...sounds like i got new exhaust o smth..hey u rev until 6k rpm? wow that's cool..mine never goes higher than the 4k level..tried many times but just cannot reach that level...i think kch roads not long enough for me to try here...when just about to reach 4k oledi sampai trafic light.. :(
just try in first gear lar... sure can reach redline one.. go jalan song at night like 12-1am no car then can try lar, 11pm also no car already.

i only manage 7,500rpm on 2nd gear.. dun dare try 3rd gear liau ball shrink... must try again when i got a new set of suspension, if not i think my car will lift off and flip around.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
later like Initial D the Takumi Toyota Trueno AE86 over rev the engine

cybreed

olSkool
Nov 8, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
www.randomshutter.com
The best fuel saving product is your feet & hands. dont be heavy footed and up gears when ever possible. Of course it requires decipline... but its a cheap deal~ not much investment :)

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
yeah i agree with u cybreed..lol...and maybe try not to race with ppl too often..hahaha..do u race ppl?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
cybreed said:
The best fuel saving product is your feet & hands. dont be heavy footed and up gears when ever possible. Of course it requires decipline... but its a cheap deal~ not much investment :)
wrong.. the best product is a brick lolx *cabut*

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Brick under gas pedal.....and make sure u adjust the Brick maximum flooring on 2k RPM only.

NOT Brick under break pedal........that would be suicide.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since my gearbox is already knocked out :vollkommenauf:, i might as well just make it to lsd. Anyone knows/recommend where to do it? (KL Area)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience