Accord CL9

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Ok so you are Upgrading from Just Using a Lowiring Spring to A Adjustable Spring and Damper kit , What would a Kit like that Cost , and The Place you are buying them At , Do they Stock Tein Lowering Springs , Tein do make Lowering springs too , that are Similar to Eibach , But not Sure on the Cost

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
hi fellas....

my K24A engine still got the speed limiter. Actually, plan to use Pivot Speed Meter V to remove the limiter function but unfortunately it's not compatible for K24A, it could be installed for other function except for Speed Limiter Remover....aiiyyooohhhhh :banghead:.

Got any idea how arrr??? Cruising a 2.4 engine on a freeway with maximum speed 180kph is really2 unacceptable u know...hehehehe!!

EGK20A

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Maybe your choices are down to HKS SLD [ Speed Limiter Defencer ] and Apexi RSM [ Rev Speed Meter ].

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
Yeap....HKS SLD Type 1 but still trying to locate the dealer. Checked with JRacing, N1 they got no stock, Kakimoto still checking. Where else meh??

Another thing, if use HKS SLD...meaning that I still need to add additional speedometer aite? Or could it be connected to Pivot Speed Meter??

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
Or you can get a Good tuner , and a piggyback Chip , like Dastek UniQ , Or any Other and have no Limiter as well as Much more Leeway to extract Power from that K24 by Fine Tuning
have u done it muhammed?? if yes, how much it will cost me, and where??

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
I have not Done it , But have friends Some , Have Used Piggybacks , and Some Standalone Management , They Did Manage to extract more power from the K series , In Malaysia However , Dastek UniQ is available , But who stocks it and where to Tune it , that I cannot Answer at Present , But I am Pretty sure Someone on the Honda Forum can give some Guidelines

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
guys.....

i've checked already, got two option on how to remove the limiter for the K24A;

1. RSM - by right, the diagram didn't mentioned that the RSM could function well on K24A, however KakiMoto & JC Racing claimed that they've done it before, they know how to manipulate and configure the RSM to work for the engine.

2. HKS SLD + Pivot Speed Meter - HKS SLD clearly mentioned it will function well with the engine, however since the SLD doesn't provide speed indicator, it require connection to Pivot.

The cost for both method is about the same, it just that option 1 is a self configuration by the mechanics and the option 2 is a factory setting.

Any opinion?? :smokin:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I had a chat with Tony from SHC ( I think his name is Tony, since he has an SHC sticker with the name Tony)

We were chatting at Ah meng's tyre shop, and he said that the best method to remove the limiter for the K-series is by using Pivot Speed Meter. he didnt mention about using HKS's speed limit defeater though. just the Pivot Speed Meter. a much cheaper option compared to Apexi's device.

He drives a CL9 TypeS (with TypeS badge at the rear) which I suspect is an Aussie model, since the car doesnt have HID.

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
bien,

i wish u could find out more from this guy tony. I've checked with 3 major places at Sunway, the Pivot Speed Meter won't do for K24A. It's definitely cheaper but since nobody could give any warranty on that, i'm rather not doing it.

thanks anyway...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
hehehe.

K24A guys really hard-up for the speed-cut arhh..

Drive slow2 brother...dangerous on careless speeds. hehehehe

kimae

Jul 27, 2009
Subang Jaya
hehehe.

K24A guys really hard-up for the speed-cut arhh..

Drive slow2 brother...dangerous on careless speeds. hehehehe
have to la aja, idak kalu kennot keep up ngan hang mase TT nanti....hahahaha

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
brass balls ah you guys!

me over 160km/h already sweating my balls.

i'll see if I can meet up with this tony guy again.

or better still, why dont you guys drop by SHC?

singapore honda club.

tons of info there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I decided to install exedy racing clutch button type on my satria neo. Which one is better, 3puck or 4puck?...Based on the best performance..:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience