2006 Turkey, Istanbul

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
we have new GP winner this weekend. Same like last year, Alonso doesn't have the fastest car on the grid, but he just can deliver in front of his opponent.

i would rather have the result end in this way. If Ferrari allow Schumi overtook Massa after Schumi overtook Alonso (at last few laps), and Renault bring it to FIA, both Ferrari may end up zero point for Turkey GP.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
alonso feel happier to see Massa on top of the podium instead of Schumi. :biggrin:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
last 10 laps fight between Alonso and Schumi is simply great.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Massa drove a wonderful race without any mistakes. Ferrari are surely going to be doing lots of intensive testing before their home race at Monza. For sure they want to have a one-two finish at the Italian Grand Prix and not dissapoint the Tiffosi's.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
we have new GP winner this weekend. Same like last year, Alonso doesn't have the fastest car on the grid, but he just can deliver in front of his opponent.

i would rather have the result end in this way. If Ferrari allow Schumi overtook Massa after Schumi overtook Alonso (at last few laps), and Renault bring it to FIA, both Ferrari may end up zero point for Turkey GP.
i think Ferrari won't act stupid by asking Massa to let MSC through... there will surely be a team order issue like the Austria A1 Ring GP a few years back where Rubens let MSC through at the last turn of the last lap...

great race... much like Imola of last year where Schumi got blocked... too bad Schumi can't go through turn 8 any faster than Alonso... but he did manage the rest of the lap at a pace much faster than Alonso... Turn 8 did compromise MSC a lot as the following corners are a good place to overtake... but i am more worried about MSCs engine for next race... anyone noticed that he drops a gear in the middle of the turn 8 to try to follow Alonso... the engine sounds awful... sounded like he went pass 19 thousand revs for that gear.. i truly think he is desperate to overtake Alonso in that race... he even tried strange lines to preassure Alonso into making a mistake...

but probably the most worst was Kimi... got nudged in the backend in the first corner...still a great track i would say... even more interesting than our sipang...hihihi

xavier_lert

Known Member
May 19, 2006
KL
drop point from istanbul mean a lot to MSC.....strategy + LUCK is really needed…but ..he “only” won at Monza 4 times and Ferrari won 6 out of last 10 races…(is this a good stat??)

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
xavier_lert said:
drop point from istanbul mean a lot to MSC.....strategy + LUCK is really needed…but ..he “only” won at Monza 4 times and Ferrari won 6 out of last 10 races…(is this a good stat??)
Monza is quite much a Ferrari home track also... so i think they will try to win it at all costs... Montezemolo always attends..so it is also preassure on Ferrari to perform well...http://www.thescuderia.net/montezemolo.shtml

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Ferrari's engine reliability has been good so far this season except for the Malaysian GP but that was earlier in the season. They did use the same engine for the Canadian and USGP which is good because both of these tracks stress the engine a lot. Monza's track characteristics are nearly similar to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
the race will end up differently if...

1. either alonso or schumi started on pole instead of Massa.

2. safety car didnt come in. becoz that's the main reason drivers dive into the pits for tyre change and alonso managed to overtake schumi.

IMO alonso's car didnt have the speed nor capable of braking late into corners like Ferrari. thus the reason Massa managed to pull away from Alonso while he defended from schumi attacks.

i used to hate schumi with his racing tactics whenever a fast driver trying to overtake him. he will back off throttle so the driver behind must brake and lost momentum and as of that moment he will pull away safely. there's nothing wrong there, plain racing tactics.

Turkey's GP was when I noticed Alonso did the same. no difference then Schumi and ALonso.:mouth_closed:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
butthead said:
i think Ferrari won't act stupid by asking Massa to let MSC through... there will surely be a team order issue like the Austria A1 Ring GP a few years back where Rubens let MSC through at the last turn of the last lap...
if i'm not mistaken, FIA banned team order, back then, nope.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
BlackSamurai said:
Yupe, they banned it, that's why we can listen to 'team radio' now.........:_:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
butthead said:

great race... much like Imola of last year where Schumi got blocked... too bad Schumi can't go through turn 8 any faster than Alonso... but he did manage the rest of the lap at a pace much faster than Alonso... Turn 8 did compromise MSC a lot as the following corners are a good place to overtake... but i am more worried about MSCs engine for next race... anyone noticed that he drops a gear in the middle of the turn 8 to try to follow Alonso... the engine sounds awful... sounded like he went pass 19 thousand revs for that gear.. i truly think he is desperate to overtake Alonso in that race... he even tried strange lines to preassure Alonso into making a mistake...

but probably the most worst was Kimi... got nudged in the backend in the first corner...still a great track i would say... even more interesting than our sipang...hihihi
It's so obvious that Schumacher was lack of pace at those left turns after turn 8. He was so desperate that he drop the gear to chase Alonso. Schumacher even made a mistake by entering the turn 8 corner through the inner part that saw him lost more time and allowed Alonso to pull away from him. So sad. But it was an exciting battle between the both of them.......

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
zan said:
i used to hate schumi with his racing tactics whenever a fast driver trying to overtake him. he will back off throttle so the driver behind must brake and lost momentum and as of that moment he will pull away safely. there's nothing wrong there, plain racing tactics.

Turkey's GP was when I noticed Alonso did the same. no difference then Schumi and ALonso.:mouth_closed:
ralf once did something simillar to JPM when both were in williams...he braked early in the corners... entered in with more more throttle than usual kicking his rear end out mid corner to block the road...but that time his tyres were fading away... he was doing everything he can to avoid JPM from overtaking him...

BlackSamurai said:
were going to ban...back then...

people were so unhappy with their actions that they were booing them after the race...and that was early in the season...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel Lee said:
Yupe, they banned it, that's why we can listen to 'team radio' now.........:_:
fisi seem to be the biggest victim of team radio decrypted. You frequently hear conversation like
"Fisi, Alonso is faster, let him pass",
"Fisi, you are 2 secs slower, push harder.."

poor fisi. I believe similar conversation happen at other team, but someone iTV like to pick fisi's conversation. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone explained to me how come the rear tyre not balanced worn out....it like "worn out...normal...worn out..normal" btw im using adjustable suspension. is it problem with my adjustable?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience