2006 Japanese GP, Suzuka

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Suzuka one of the most technical circuits in Formula 1. The Japanese GP at Suzuka will be something big to watch since its going to host its last Formula 1 race.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Slipknot, I thought the Suzuka circuit gonna take turns with Fuji circuit to host the Japanese GP at alternate basis???

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Suzuka definitely is one of the best circuits on the F1 calender. Its probably only second to the Belgium circuit in terms of technicality and driver skill. The thing about these kinda circuits is that is has fast sweeping corners and nice hairpins and its the best recipe for overtaking. Can't wait for the race to begin.

Sato has traditionally done well here. I remember there was one year where Sato finished 6th and thruout the whole race, the race director kept on switching the camera angle into Sato's car and that was pretty irritating considering the race winner should be the main focus. I guess its a Japanese thing.

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Anyone here who played Gran Turismo 4 before would really know how this track actually is... Starting from the 2nd corner, is a challenge, whether to brake or not, or just let go the throttle to pass the corner, the way the driver turn in turn 2 can affect the turn 3 until turn 6. Turn 5 is quite challenging, this turn sometimes make me to make mistakes by braking late. And, the big turn before the straight, drivers must remember not to brake late........................
All in all, my opinion is that Suzuka is a really TRICKY track as it always TRICK me into braking late or something. Quite fun doing it. In Gran Turismo la.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Daniel Lee said:
Slipknot, I thought the Suzuka circuit gonna take turns with Fuji circuit to host the Japanese GP at alternate basis???
Nope, Fuji will host the Japan GP from next season onwards. As of now, no one knows if Suzuka will return to the F1 calendar.

Just a bit of trivia, some of you probably already know this but, Fuji is owned by Toyota while Suzuka is owned by Honda. I suspect there is a little bit of one-upmanship going on there.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
still, Toyota F1 need to improve a lot. Money don't buy the trophy. Let's see Honda beat Toyota flat at Fuji circuit next year. :biggrin:

good news for Alonso, Schumi catch a flu.

I'm gonna miss Suzuka.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Wokay, let's predict,

Submit your Qualifying prediction for Alonso, Schumi, Fisi, Kimi, and Massa. :biggrin:

me:
P1 - Schumi
P2 - Kimi
P3 - Alonso
P4 - Fisi
P5 - Massa

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Edward Chew said:
He is a BOMB in F1...
he is more worse than Captain Jacque..at lest capt. does not take people out of the race...

prodigy said:
Suzuka definitely is one of the best circuits on the F1 calender. Its probably only second to the Belgium circuit in terms of technicality and driver skill. The thing about these kinda circuits is that is has fast sweeping corners and nice hairpins and its the best recipe for overtaking. Can't wait for the race to begin.

Sato has traditionally done well here. I remember there was one year where Sato finished 6th and thruout the whole race, the race director kept on switching the camera angle into Sato's car and that was pretty irritating considering the race winner should be the main focus. I guess its a Japanese thing.
i thought Sato had 5th...

yes... it is quite an interesting track.. all combinations of corners with fast going into slow ones and snaky parts and not to forget the 130R which they go through at 180miles before they brake for the chicane...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Suzuka Special, Honda's bow bfr Japan's round is released to their competitor's track next season.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Brawn calls for fair fight
06 October 2006
Source: http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=132137
Ferrari's technical director called for a fair play to ensure that Schumacher's fight for the title will not be tarnished by dirty team orders at Renault. "I think we don't want to see second drivers blocking or slowing down the championship contenders," Brawn said at Suzuka.

The championship fight hasn't been this close for years and thus everything will be done at Renault and Ferrari to win the title this season. Ross Brawn hopes it won't happen at all cost and that the fight remains fair. "We don't want to see second drivers slowing down or blocking the other. I think that would be a bit unfortunate and unacceptable," said Ross Brawn. ""I think it's something which we know that we were involved in a few years ago, and it was considered normal practice then. It's been deemed to be unacceptable now so we understand that."

"I think there's a certain level which is logical and fair and another level which has to be avoided because it's not correct."
RB message is, "We don't cheat, we stick with rules, and back then there is no rules stopping Ferrari doing that"

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Wokay! I'm supporting Renault F1 team..... ... Mild Seven umbrella girl, NO QUESTION ASK. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Kimi, "Hmm, how shall I paint my helmet for next year..."