4AF + Blacktop internal part = work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
U search my thread properly, then you will notice that I have a ST205.
4AGZE is my bro project car... hope you don't confusing.
---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

4AFE Durability? Toyota is build tough, so what to worry about?
Crankshaft are able to interchange with 4AGE too...
Takut to high rev? Ermm.... last time, i think that (4AFE) if I rev till red line the engine will blowed... But who know that my ideal was dramatically wrong. I rev till 7200 rpm, it still there... Wahahaha...
20 year old? Ermm.... I dunno how u use, but I don't it was a problem on crank... The major problem would be at selinder head and the piston itself.
My mum/dad drive majority change gear at 3.5rpm, and how still working well... My mum/dad car are 20 year too... and mileage still at 160k km only... Believe? Wahahahaha... :rofl:
bro, mine is carbie 4af ae92, i wish i have 4afe.. Hehe i change gear at 3 to 3.5k.. If rev to 4k i already takut.. Not confident lah, scared got too much stress n wear n tear on the engine.. Highway pon 110kmh je.. U mean cylinder head pecah ke? Mine 350k milage already.. Everyday car maa..

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
Glad u asked!!!...Torque is normally measured(like on dyno)...thats why Dynos give u brake horsepower

From wikipedia:

Mechanical power

In mechanics, the work done on an object is related to the forces acting on it by

W = F \cdot \Delta d \,

where

F is force
Δd is the displacement of the object.

This is often summarized by saying that work is equal to the force acting on an object times its displacement (how far the object moves while the force acts on it). Note that only motion that is along the same axis as the force "counts", however; motion in the same direction as force gives positive work, and motion in the opposite direction gives negative work, while motion perpendicular to the force yields zero work.

Differentiating by time gives that the instantaneous power is equal to the force times the object's velocity v(t):

P(t) = \mathbf{F}(t) \cdot \mathbf{v}(t) \,.

The average power is then

P_\mathrm{avg} = \frac{1}{\Delta t}\int\mathbf{F} \cdot \mathbf{v}\;\mathrm{d}t \,.

This formula is important in characterizing engines—the power output of an engine is equal to the force it exerts multiplied by its velocity.

In rotational systems, power is related to the torque (τ) and angular velocity (ω):

Torque can be calculated...but too complex for me!!!

As for diesel engines...ever watch WTCC....BMW versus SEAT.
BMW is NA 2litre..petrol.
SEAT is turbo-diesel 2litre
Ever watch them drag on the straights....side by side right
WTCC rules: BMW rev limit 8500rpm for NA but for the SEAT turbo-diesel rev limit is only 4200rpm....yet they can go side by side.Think about it!!!!

Lastly gearboxes(4,5 or 6speed) and final drive are two distinctly different things.

sorry bro.. cannot be accepted... not to create conflict or problem.. i still think that torque cannot be calculated.... u still cannot answer the first question that i mention earlier, 34kg or torque n 110 bhp.. the is no way to calculate the engine output based on formula.. no way!

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
sorry bro.. cannot be accepted... not to create conflict or problem.. i still think that torque cannot be calculated.... u still cannot answer the first question that i mention earlier, 34kg or torque n 110 bhp.. the is no way to calculate the engine output based on formula.. no way!
I think he left out the weight ratio... and most important is gear ratio too...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
an est torque can be calculate bro. but then what u said about sohc, 16v dohc and 20v dohc respond is true. less moving parts, more responsive.

over side track edi la... back to 4AF + BT internal...

the only gain i see frm doing this is more responsive engine as higher comp plus BT internal is lighten and more "balance".

my opinion, grab the 20V block and hentam F head on it. Kaotim....

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
an est torque can be calculate bro. but then what u said about sohc, 16v dohc and 20v dohc respond is true. less moving parts, more responsive.

over side track edi la... back to 4AF + BT internal...

the only gain i see frm doing this is more responsive engine as higher comp plus BT internal is lighten and more "balance".

my opinion, grab the 20V block and hentam F head on it. Kaotim....
Hahaha... We are same family... At least you also think as me think...

bernard74

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Sarikei/Sarawak
Got my car back yesterday...cant rev high yet, but sure does feel the hp gain. engine sound is diff as well. will rev it up by next weekend after oil change, hopefully the hp gain is significant & more responsive. Can 4age 20v block fit 4afe head? which gearbox then? If need 4age gearbox then ecu gotta change too isn't that so??

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Got my car back yesterday...cant rev high yet, but sure does feel the hp gain. engine sound is diff as well. will rev it up by next weekend after oil change, hopefully the hp gain is significant & more responsive. Can 4age 20v block fit 4afe head? which gearbox then? If need 4age gearbox then ecu gotta change too isn't that so??
What your car doing?
And yes... 20V block can fit with 4AFE head... gearbox you may choose which 1 you want to use, gear ratio 4.1 on 4AFE and 4.3 on 4age... But rest are all the same only.

bernard74

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Sarikei/Sarawak
hi trd, sent my car for overhaul last week and change 4afe pistons to bluetop 4age 16v pistons...Im wondering if it's 'safe'. Hopefully no complications.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bernard, i think you're gonna dissapointed

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
bernard, i think you're gonna dissapointed
Ermm.... why sifoo say so? Mind to share?
But Bluetop piston into 4AFE... It may increase only about 2% only... Because both ratio are about the same only.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
im no sifu leh... as u said lor, its abt 2% gain only due to higher comp only. But he is looking for significant power gain so he is going to get dissapointed lo

Dec 29, 2009
Istanbul/Turkey
Hi Guys,

Firstly I'm very newbee for toyota engines. I've been doing mods on BMW engines for lots of times, so I'm used to what is happening.

Now the problem is, I had a very stock AE92 corolla (I'm in love with it) with 4af (carb one) engine which has broken the timing belt couple of weeks ago. Honestly, I couldn't dare opening up the engine till now. I don' think I will face a good picture.

If the picture is as i described then I'think it's time to do something on this bulletproof engine.

the best solution I found is converting it to 4age. why converting? it's because, in Turkey it's not legal to swap the engine block.

long story short, my question is; is it possible to convert 4af to 4age? I mean bolting all parts on to the 4af block + plus wiring harnes + ecu + fuel pump.....

sot that car will be economic, fast daily.....

thanks in advance for your feedbacks
Kerem

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi Guys,

Firstly I'm very newbee for toyota engines. I've been doing mods on BMW engines for lots of times, so I'm used to what is happening.

Now the problem is, I had a very stock AE92 corolla (I'm in love with it) with 4af (carb one) engine which has broken the timing belt couple of weeks ago. Honestly, I couldn't dare opening up the engine till now. I don' think I will face a good picture.

If the picture is as i described then I'think it's time to do something on this bulletproof engine.

the best solution I found is converting it to 4age. why converting? it's because, in Turkey it's not legal to swap the engine block.

long story short, my question is; is it possible to convert 4af to 4age? I mean bolting all parts on to the 4af block + plus wiring harnes + ecu + fuel pump.....

sot that car will be economic, fast daily.....

thanks in advance for your feedbacks
Kerem
Hi Kerem :wavey:,
I think you better brought a full set engine + wiring + ecu to help you easy to transplant later.
Anyway, let's get it short:
4AF (Block) + 4AG/GZE head (16/20 V) + 4AG/GZE internal part (Piston, rod, crankshaft) + 4AG/GZE wiring + ECU = confirmed 100% work...

But make you sure you know which engine you want to go for it. Then you will face no problem in converting this such toy. :biggrin:

Dec 29, 2009
Istanbul/Turkey
wow ! this is great news.

I'll do so; buy a full set engine and transplant everything to 4af block.

I'll check for silvertop or blacktop then.

I'll also ask for some documantation as well :)

thanks again,
Kerem

Last edited:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
better go for blacktop, coz you will save more in the long term in terms of upgrading, and you can play trumpet.. aka velocity stacks

Status
Not open for further replies.