94 Prizm/Corolla 4afe - 4age blacktop?

Jan 4, 2007
Hey whats up guys new to the forum just wanted to get some answers. ok i have had this idea for a while about my 94 geo prizm, Swaping a levin blacktop motor. Now i have read little on it being done on a corolla. What i am wondering is it possible in the geo to do and what all i would need to change other than the motor and clutch. I cant seem to find any info on swaps for the 4age and dont know why. If the corolla has a 4afe can be swaped it should work in the prizm considering that the prizm has a little more space than the corolla. But would like to get some hard facts on it before i start. If there is any one that could help me with more info or facts that would be great thanks Nick

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
hi djsnap,
Transplanting the AE101/AE111 Levin's/Trueno's 4AGE 20valves into 94' Prizm/Corolla should not be anyhow more technical than operating a DVD player....
it's just a direct plug and play. As far as i know, the engine & gearbox mountings are relatively the same, thus, u dont' have to mod on that, the engine's placement is similar to that of 4AFE.

Are u planning on swapping the engine yourself? else a good mechanics should know what to do. If you plan on swapping yourself, then i recommend you get a copy of the "Haynes Repair Manual for Toyota Corolla/Geo Prizm '93 thu '02" as reference, it's a complete teardown and rebuild guide for the whole car. At least u get to know what item goes where when u do the transplant yourself.

what sort of techincal facts you want to find?

Last edited:

djsnaps

Jan 4, 2007
Hey thanks for the reply by the way. Ya i know that the mounts are the same at least what i have read. The things im wanting to know is drive axles and will they work or will i have to get new ones. I know i'll have to get a wireing harnest is there some one that makes one or will i have to splice wires. and where would i get a new ecu. and will i have to change my intrument beisel. You know just the little extras mainly and the fuse panels. I know little engine work basic stuff not getting into tearing a whole engine out and replaceing though i would like to leran but i have a mechanic that can do it. Right now i want to swap because my 4afe has 200 thousand miles and its burning a quart every week and a half and i just figure i would buy a new engine something with a little more power. Hey thanks again nick

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Djsnaps,

To save the hassle of searching for parts separetely,
why don't you get a complete front-cut of the Levin/Trueno? then u
would have all the things u need for the transplant.
But if a front-cut is hard to come by in OH, then it's recommend u get
the levin's drive-axles, b'cos not sure the stock Prizm axles can handle the upgraded power output of the 4AGE or not. For the instrument beisel, it's not
necessary a must to change it, but normall we over here changed it so we can
"see the RPM redline at 9k" instead of the Original 4AFE which max out at 8k.

Same goes with the ECU wirings, it's better u get a set intended for 4AGE instead of splicing your existing 4AFE wirings.. and of course u need the 4AGE ECU as well, b'cos 4AGE's and 4AFE's engine control are different in terms
of the A/F mixture, RPM control, and 4AGE has VVT, 4AFE has not.

Last edited:

djsnaps

Jan 4, 2007
Thank you so very much you have been very helpful i look forward to talking to you more have a nice night. Thanks again nick

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
u r welcome.
do a search in older thread, there might be some info that
will be useful to u.
or visit http://www.club4ag.com thereis a forum there too and more technical
info can be obtained.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my new iswara got some sound coming frm d air cond :( , somethng like gas sound,
but cannot smell any strange smell, it only got when i switch on d air cond, when i off it, got no sound...
any1 can help? :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience