4AFE ori plug cable: Next best thing?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Hello,

Do you guys know any brands which has almost the same design as the original toyota one?

I've been using the original one all this while until it broke when pulling it out to change the spark plugs. I've tried Seiwa - koyak after a few times service, JEC - koyak after 1 time service. And now I'm using Hot Shot but the inner part not long enough and so oil goes into the spark plug area.

I'm told original toyota brand new ones are RM2xx. Are there any other options for this?

Anyone got spare sets in good condition for sale, please PM me. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
spend a little bit more to get the original is better then using aftermarket ones unless you wan performance type ..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam selling a cap ayam one dat doesnt koyak even after few years of usage. pm for more details

err, how did those cables koyak anyhow? did u pulled too hard? pulled at the wrong place? nuthing beats oem imo, but too expensive for my pocket ler

pi_zayo

Aug 28, 2008
also using seiwa & only lasted for around 2 years, the steel plate inside the plug broken.
use back the genuine toyota RM3xx, bought from spare part shop & installed myself at my 4a-fe.
the insulated rubber is stamped with sumitomo name.
still prefer genuine, acceleration from 0-60km/hr fabulous after replacement.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
of course, the set was new sir. things like cables, plugs, shud be changed regularly for top notch performance. i dont believe in those fancy plugs, expensive cables anymore, its either the oem or sumthing cheaper dat really works

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
last time buy brand new NGK from ivan for my 4afe
Yea..asked him yesterday but too expensive i think.. i'd rather go with OEM..

iam selling a cap ayam one dat doesnt koyak even after few years of usage. pm for more details

err, how did those cables koyak anyhow? did u pulled too hard? pulled at the wrong place? nuthing beats oem imo, but too expensive for my pocket ler
Thanks for the offer bro but i think i'm getting OEM - used or brand new.. Tired of worrying out it dy :)

The OEM one koyak because the rubber really worn out dy - it's as old as the car! LOL.. One unlucky day I pulled it out and the carbon rod came out.

Then I changed to Seiwa but found out the design not the same. The inner part which seals the spark plug tube not long enough so oil collected in the tube.

Then I tried the cheap JEC which seals the tube nicely. However the silicone cover cannot take the heat from the engine and gave way.

Currently using Hot Shot and got oil collecting again in one of the spark plug tubes. I'm cleaning it everyday at the moment to hold on until the weekend - maybe gonna order OEM ones..

Is oil collecting inside the spark plug tube normal? Only the design issue make sense to me. Because it didnt happen when i use OEM and JEC.

Last edited:

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
If u can use secondhand part....just go to any local halfcut, they have alot of it.....

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
If u can use secondhand part....just go to any local halfcut, they have alot of it.....
Yea..i dont mind if i can find a good condition one. Only got time on weekends to search.. :(

Have to hold on for a few days. I hope the plug cable rubber will last till then..

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
Yea..i dont mind if i can find a good condition one. Only got time on weekends to search.. :(

Have to hold on for a few days. I hope the plug cable rubber will last till then..
dont forget to bring along multimeter...hehehe kasi check leakage n resistance skali.....

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
problem solved - changed whole set of spark plug tube gasket under the valve cover (and all other gaskets and rubber boots while at it) and no more oil leaking in. Apparently the old gaskets were cheap ones and not of good quality. Hard like rock dy.

Bought new decent plug cables and 0-60 is sweeeeet.. :)

Thanks for the help guys!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
fgt, like i said, things like this dont use used ones, they arent dat expensive pun..