Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
of course we are different...:)

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hahaha... For me i don't think i will cost over than the total 4AG, another thing is... I just want to make my dad & mum happy a bit with this setup only... They not HP hunger :rofl:

Last time I also thinking to take 7A to mix match, but 7A I currently don't on hand stock...
At moment only 20V BT (engine kosong) have 2 units...

---------- Post added 12-19-2009 at 12:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 12-18-2009 at 11:56 PM ----------

Yeah... I go with all 4AGE block...
Anyway... 4AF is carburetor engine la, so fuel pump & fuel delivery system is less out the hassle.. only thing is I will use the webber to solve my hassle too

Oversized? If like that I better go for 7A block le...
Valve seating problem only I was concerned, but I still 85% sure it won't hit.

webber + setting will solve the above hassle.
Interesting!!!..why not just put in the blacktop whole...4valve piston must match 4valve head similarly for 5valve.The 4AF valve angle(between inlet and exhaust) differ from the 4AG and clearance has to be measured.

If you can resolve the ignition for the 20valve...the 4throttle can serve as a manifold for twin weber dcoe(looks big enough to fit a 45 DCOE..hehe).Disable and remove the 4throttle butterfly..use the weber ones...seal up the injector holes.Resolve the linkages for throttle control.

Since you dont use the BT ECU remove the VVT ,use 4age cam pulley and change to higher duration cams.Maybe use the other BT exhaust cam its 240deg v 232deg inlet cam.I certainly hope its a manual you are modding!!!else a lot of check lights will be flashing eg...gear change;afm;O2 and knock sensors...

Something I thought about but never got round to doing it...best of luck..After this you will probably be swapping rides with your mom/dad...hehe

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

sorry bt runs map so maybe can use vacuum from throttle manifold.

Question :anyone use BT ecu and webers????

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Interesting!!!..why not just put in the blacktop whole...4valve piston must match 4valve head similarly for 5valve.The 4AF valve angle(between inlet and exhaust) differ from the 4AG and clearance has to be measured.

If you can resolve the ignition for the 20valve...the 4throttle can serve as a manifold for twin weber dcoe(looks big enough to fit a 45 DCOE..hehe).Disable and remove the 4throttle butterfly..use the weber ones...seal up the injector holes.Resolve the linkages for throttle control.

Since you dont use the BT ECU remove the VVT ,use 4age cam pulley and change to higher duration cams.Maybe use the other BT exhaust cam its 240deg v 232deg inlet cam.I certainly hope its a manual you are modding!!!else a lot of check lights will be flashing eg...gear change;afm;O2 and knock sensors...

Something I thought about but never got round to doing it...best of luck..After this you will probably be swapping rides with your mom/dad...hehe

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

sorry bt runs map so maybe can use vacuum from throttle manifold.

Question :anyone use BT ecu and webers????

Bro... For your information, the 4AGE 16V can put the 4AGE 20V Bottom block set in without a single mod... Do you believe? I done this for my ex car already... It worked perfectly, but need at least SAFC 5 button lo...! Result.. get about 25 whp. From 105 whp to 130 whp.

Anyway for you all information too:
4AFE serve better torque and power at lower rpm...
4AGE 16V serve better torque and power at middle rpm...
4AGE 20V serve better torque and power at high rpm...
Logically... SOHC engine always have better power at low rpm than the DOHC can do... this is fact!

So in this scene, my mum and dad won't need the power at high rpm kua! So what for I need to have a DOHC engine, which I only need low rpm and better accelerate?

Beside this... I will use only single webber, not twin webber. Swap car with my mum/dad? Just forget about it! My bro use 4AGZE, me use 3SGTE, my sister use 4EFTE and my younger bro use 4G63... You think they dare to drive our car?

BT ECU and webber... why need to do this? Very weird la..

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Bro... For your information, the 4AGE 16V can put the 4AGE 20V Bottom block set in without a single mod... Do you believe? I done this for my ex car already... It worked perfectly, but need at least SAFC 5 button lo...! Result.. get about 25 whp. From 105 whp to 130 whp.

Ok, me bad! now I know ..but still surprised as the BT engine has highest compression ratio!I was just trying to reply to your thread title.

Anyway for you all information too:
4AFE serve better torque and power at lower rpm...
4AGE 16V serve better torque and power at middle rpm...
4AGE 20V serve better torque and power at high rpm...
Logically... SOHC engine always have better power at low rpm than the DOHC can do... this is fact!

Better low end power normally means better low end torque....normally in under-square engine ie longer stroke and/or higher compression ratio.Anyway here is the wikipedia link:Toyota A engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BT seems to have highest torque rating.

So in this scene, my mum and dad won't need the power at high rpm kua! So what for I need to have a DOHC engine, which I only need low rpm and better accelerate?

Isn't the 4AF a DOHC engine?Anyway why go thru so much hassle...just change the final drive will do.If the carb is giving you trouble then change the carb to a weber DCNF downdraft... link here:Which is the right Weber is for me????
I thought you meant single DCOE, then you got manifold problem.

Beside this... I will use only single webber, not twin webber. Swap car with my mum/dad? Just forget about it! My bro use 4AGZE, me use 3SGTE, my sister use 4EFTE and my younger bro use 4G63... You think they dare to drive our car?

BT ECU and webber... why need to do this? Very weird la..
Thought maybe you transplant BT (engine kosong) into the car and still want the vvt!! hehe

Anyway have fun modding!!!

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Better low end power normally means better low end torque....normally in under-square engine ie longer stroke and/or higher compression ratio.Anyway here is the wikipedia link:Toyota A engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BT seems to have highest torque rating.

You see is real... highest torque... but you see properly, you will reliance that I what I talking in low rpm...
4AFE - 142Nm at 4800 rpm (Means at lower rpm, I already have the max torque)
4AGE (BT) - 162 N·m at 5200 rpm (means I need to rev up to 5200 rpm to get max torque)

Isn't the 4AF a DOHC engine?Anyway why go thru so much hassle...just change the final drive will do.If the carb is giving you trouble then change the carb to a weber DCNF downdraft... link here:Which is the right Weber is for me????
I thought you meant single DCOE, then you got manifold problem.

Yes... It was still call DOHC, but the real is SOHC... The correct name would be SOHC + Extra cam.
Final Drive? I now already used 6 speed gearbox already le...:listen:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Power(hp)=Torque(lb-ft)xRPM divided by 5252

Go plot out the chart!!The BT engine would have a higher torque curve.Stock BT v 4AF gear rations being the same...the BT will still out accelerate the 4AF and THAT is low end power!

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
You see is real... highest torque... but you see properly, you will reliance that I what I talking in low rpm...
4AFE - 142Nm at 4800 rpm (Means at lower rpm, I already have the max torque)
4AGE (BT) - 162 N·m at 5200 rpm (means I need to rev up to 5200 rpm to get max torque)

Yes... It was still call DOHC, but the real is SOHC... The correct name would be SOHC + Extra cam.
Final Drive? I now already used 6 speed gearbox already le...:listen:
bro.. 4afe is dohc lah.. meaning to say got 2 cams, but only one cam pulley, sohc is one cam n one pulley, twin cam means twin cam, and cam pulley

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Power(hp)=Torque(lb-ft)xRPM divided by 5252

Go plot out the chart!!The BT engine would have a higher torque curve.Stock BT v 4AF gear rations being the same...the BT will still out accelerate the 4AF and THAT is low end power!
bro.. have to disagree wif u, each engine has their own distinctive power curve, and torque is not and cannot be calculated based on power... if yes, what bout diesel engine? 34kg torque but still 110 horse power?

power curve relies much on the engine construction, stroke length, na or force induction...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
bro.. 4afe is dohc lah.. meaning to say got 2 cams, but only one cam pulley, sohc is one cam n one pulley, twin cam means twin cam, and cam pulley
Yeah... In the book, it call DOHC... But in my hometown language, it call extra cam SOHC. Wahahaha.... Sorry for make u all blur.

bro.. have to disagree wif u, each engine has their own distinctive power curve, and torque is not and cannot be calculated based on power... if yes, what bout diesel engine? 34kg torque but still 110 horse power?

power curve relies much on the engine construction, stroke length, na or force induction...
Yes... I agree with you...

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
So trd.ae92, u have 3s-gte car, is it original 3s-gte model or transplant to other toyota body. mind to share?

One more question, i noticed many of your thread claiming that u have 4a-gze...now u claim u have 3s-gte. im confused man. can clear me up. tq.

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008

Glad u asked!!!...Torque is normally measured(like on dyno)...thats why Dynos give u brake horsepower

From wikipedia:

Mechanical power

In mechanics, the work done on an object is related to the forces acting on it by

W = F \cdot \Delta d \,

where

F is force
Δd is the displacement of the object.

This is often summarized by saying that work is equal to the force acting on an object times its displacement (how far the object moves while the force acts on it). Note that only motion that is along the same axis as the force "counts", however; motion in the same direction as force gives positive work, and motion in the opposite direction gives negative work, while motion perpendicular to the force yields zero work.

Differentiating by time gives that the instantaneous power is equal to the force times the object's velocity v(t):

P(t) = \mathbf{F}(t) \cdot \mathbf{v}(t) \,.

The average power is then

P_\mathrm{avg} = \frac{1}{\Delta t}\int\mathbf{F} \cdot \mathbf{v}\;\mathrm{d}t \,.

This formula is important in characterizing engines—the power output of an engine is equal to the force it exerts multiplied by its velocity.

In rotational systems, power is related to the torque (τ) and angular velocity (ω):

Torque can be calculated...but too complex for me!!!

As for diesel engines...ever watch WTCC....BMW versus SEAT.
BMW is NA 2litre..petrol.
SEAT is turbo-diesel 2litre
Ever watch them drag on the straights....side by side right
WTCC rules: BMW rev limit 8500rpm for NA but for the SEAT turbo-diesel rev limit is only 4200rpm....yet they can go side by side.Think about it!!!!

Lastly gearboxes(4,5 or 6speed) and final drive are two distinctly different things.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
TRD.AE92 and all sifus, im driving a 92 with 4af too.. Just wondering how tahan is the 4af? Especially the crankshaft.. Its running good, and like the low end torque feel.. But takut to rev high2 lah.. What max rpm is considered safe? If im not mistaken max hp is achieved at 6000rpm.. Being a 20 year old car, is it safe to even reach that 6k point?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
So trd.ae92, u have 3s-gte car, is it original 3s-gte model or transplant to other toyota body. mind to share?

One more question, i noticed many of your thread claiming that u have 4a-gze...now u claim u have 3s-gte. im confused man. can clear me up. tq.
U search my thread properly, then you will notice that I have a ST205.
4AGZE is my bro project car... hope you don't confusing.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

TRD.AE92 and all sifus, im driving a 92 with 4af too.. Just wondering how tahan is the 4af? Especially the crankshaft.. Its running good, and like the low end torque feel.. But takut to rev high2 lah.. What max rpm is considered safe? If im not mistaken max hp is achieved at 6000rpm.. Being a 20 year old car, is it safe to even reach that 6k point?
4AFE Durability? Toyota is build tough, so what to worry about?
Crankshaft are able to interchange with 4AGE too...
Takut to high rev? Ermm.... last time, i think that (4AFE) if I rev till red line the engine will blowed... But who know that my ideal was dramatically wrong. I rev till 7200 rpm, it still there... Wahahaha...

20 year old? Ermm.... I dunno how u use, but I don't it was a problem on crank... The major problem would be at selinder head and the piston itself.

My mum/dad drive majority change gear at 3.5rpm, and how still working well... My mum/dad car are 20 year too... and mileage still at 160k km only... Believe? Wahahahaha... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My beloved car got stolen at R/Pangsa PKNS KG baru. Parked just in front of my house
Detail of the car is as follows :

-Proton saga Iswara Aeroback
-Red color
-Volk racing 16" 2 piece silver color
-Got Sunroof
-standard bodykit. No lips or ducktail whatever. Standard exhaust also.
-front windshield got UPM Staff sticker n other else-Back screen got UPM sticker
-Left rear left door got crack, big one in fact.
-Recaro evo 2 seat -engine standard
-MOMO Competiton steering
-Plate...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience