Turbo Vs Vtec

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
NA and IF is just a matter of choice.
just a simple question here.
Which chick will you choose ?
A girl with make up all over her face or , A girl which have natural beauty ?
I guess you guys will get what i mean :biggrin:
never tot like tat b4...u ar..terrible la...u acronym is seriously not applicable...if so,what do u mean by 'girl with make-up' and 'natural beauty'?did u try to say tat NA is represented by ...?if NA is a girl with make-up,then natural beauty is force induction..is it?then,r u try to say tat evo wit IF dont have natural beauty?u ar..crazy ar..then a proton-mitsu endorsed is what?whore?seriously..for a woman,cant take it easily..

Ismen 1379

Nov 8, 2008
Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...
Bump...:hmmmm:

Bump: Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
well, i'll keep it as simple as i can. VEs stands for volumetric efficiency

u see, when an engine has a volume of.. lets take d B16 for example, 1600cc, for any NA machine, and i quote, "ANY", it cannot utilise dat 1600cc of volume efficiently ie it cannot suck air in as much as 1600cc after it has completed a revv. usually, only a small portion is utilised. u can increase dis VE value by mods, such as higher specced cams, bigger valve, better head flow, better technology, etc. like whats alredi in / been done to the B16 and yet, wit all dat still cannot surpass the 100% mark. but, any std non-VTEC engine can be made to utilise its VE surparsing d 100% mark just by charging it, because u r forcing air in as much as the charger be able to, and not just rely on the suction of the engine's cylinders. so, a std 1600cc motor can produce similar power output wit the B16, and more (by simply increasing the boost, senang jer..), wit a more conventional engine setup ie moderate cam, lower compression ratio, not-so-extensive-valve-cut-angle, normal gearing ratio, etc. and still maintain good fc (if driven sensibly), because now, its more EFFICIENT.

dats y, if u mod an NA machine, wit a given sum of dough, compare dat wit a similar cc charged machine, u will always see dat a charged motor will give u better power and fuel economy (again, if driven sensibly lah).

Bump:
Want Fast Then Payy Money will Fast ...
trust me, dis isnt necessarily true..:banghead: mods dat is done wit proper knowledge is the thing dat will give u power, hence making ur car faster.

i did most of my mods, so they were mostly.. FREE

AsimoV2

Apr 7, 2007
Perth
My friend's turbo charge Type R DC5. just thought i'll share since we're on the topic.

album_pic.jpg

helvetica

Jan 11, 2009
win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

Bump: win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

Bump: win a qualified race event baru cakap, more realistic....LOL

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Depends, 2 years ago Honda used 3.5L V6 engines that produced somewhere near the region of 456BHP. Last year they switched to turbo engines to give them a little more torque. So far they are the only manufacturer that haven't switched to a V8 variant like Toyota or Nissan.

WiiR4

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
waa...really aaa...dont know bout' that...I wonder NSX with very Big :driver:Vtec+Turbo...sure damn fast!!!

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Mostly cos its widely considered that the 2ZZFE Celica GTS motor lacks the support required to contend? Then again i could be wrong. Any Celica GTS drivers here? Not ones with 3SGTE motors.

AsimoV2

Apr 7, 2007
Perth
Had a drag in a celica with a 2zzge engine againts a 99 wrx impreza once, manage to get a headstart for a while trying to keep the revs above 6.5k while shifting to maintain lift, but then the wrx's turbo kicks in then i got smoked by a loooong shot.

cant really compare, both cars had their pros and cons... wrx has a turbo and the celica is made with chick magnets :biggrin:

never been in a vtec before, but i'm always curious how much extra power you get when the vtec is on?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Between HWL adjustable suspension and GREEDY adjustable suspension,which one is the best??:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience