supercharger on kelisa

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
-am thinking of installing a supercharger kit to my car, instead of swapping my engine w/ another daihatsu engines esp th K3 series... bcos 4 long term, turbo engine needs a lot of maintainance & my pocket is x dat deep (4 th tym being-lah) + i dont drive dat fast... HAHAHA... any opinion guys/sifus?

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
super charger will cost u two K3ve

the power generate will be worst then Bolt on

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Although the maintenance fee of super charger may less then turbo charger, and the power output is more gentle. Consider for daily use, it is not worth it.

After install the supercharger, the low end torque may be worst then before, because supercharger need the engine speed to drive them, when the engine speed haven't reach the speed for the supercharge to generate enough boost pressure, the power is hard to be produce.

How about use the money to reduce the weight of the car, with lighter weight, the car can pick-up more faster, improve handling, reduce fuel consumption ^_^, extend life-spend of tire.

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
aiya, dat really hit th mark! seems lyk supercharger is harder 2 take care of than turbo engines... maybe i'll do sumthing else 2 my car, juz lyk bro cartton said... weight reduction, port+polish, change camshaft, extractor, exhaust sys, bla3... sure can 'save' money, rite guys? lol

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
aiya, dat really hit th mark! seems lyk supercharger is harder 2 take care of than turbo engines... maybe i'll do sumthing else 2 my car, juz lyk bro cartton said... weight reduction, port+polish, change camshaft, extractor, exhaust sys, bla3... sure can 'save' money, rite guys? lol
get a reliable mech to do all this mod....once u get it nicely done..then should be ok...

roughly can increase 10 to 15HP will all this mod

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
A advice to you, rebellion.

Becareful when buying the exhaust extractor, most of the extractor in the market are wrongly design: the position of oxygen sensor.

The oxygen sensor must located on the pipe that all exhaust port join to gather, so the reading of the oxygen sensor will be correct.

Most of the after market exhaust extractor located the oxygen sensor at only one of the exhaust port, the oxygen sensor reading will be incorrect, this will greatly increase the fuel consumption and will not have the full performance of the extractor should be.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia

this is the correct extractor

and

this is not a good wan

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
get a reliable mech to do all this mod....once u get it nicely done..then should be ok...

roughly can increase 10 to 15HP will all this mod
10-15bhp? cool! am x wooried abt th installation... can ask 4 help fr my dad's mech... he's a ford turbo expert... if he cant mod/tune my lil' kelisa, i'll give him a huge spanking in th ass! lol

Bump:

this is the correct extractor

and

this is not a good wan

am planning 2 install hot bits extractor+exhaust sys... izit ok guys? will it fit?

Bump: btw bros, hv u ever seen a kelisa w/ a supercharger? did th owner make a complaint abt it?

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
10-15bhp? cool! am x wooried abt th installation... can ask 4 help fr my dad's mech... he's a ford turbo expert... if he cant mod/tune my lil' kelisa, i'll give him a huge spanking in th ass! lol

Bump:

am planning 2 install hot bits extractor+exhaust sys... izit ok guys? will it fit?

Bump: btw bros, hv u ever seen a kelisa w/ a supercharger? did th owner make a complaint abt it?
that extractor and exhaust system got a very good feedback from user...so can go for it...

if ur dad mech is expert in toyota..then should be any problem...our car is quite similiar to toyota...so if he can mod toyota then can know how to mod ur kelisa...remember to update us on what he mod and what is the result

rebellion

Nov 27, 2006
that extractor and exhaust system got a very good feedback from user...so can go for it...

if ur dad mech is expert in toyota..then should be any problem...our car is quite similiar to toyota...so if he can mod toyota then can know how to mod ur kelisa...remember to update us on what he mod and what is the result
my dad's mech usually deals w/ mitsu & ford cars... seldom c him w/ toyota car. i'll ask him later on-lah whether he's familiar w/ toyota or our car... aite, np guys... i'll keep u ol posted+in4med!

btw, hv u ol seen a kelisa w/ a supercharger? any comments on th car?

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
my dad's mech usually deals w/ mitsu & ford cars... seldom c him w/ toyota car. i'll ask him later on-lah whether he's familiar w/ toyota or our car... aite, np guys... i'll keep u ol posted+in4med!

btw, hv u ol seen a kelisa w/ a supercharger? any comments on th car?
taikor...

i think if u supercharge ur kelisa..then that will be the first...

powerzone got this supercharge for kelisa...the price around RM10k for the parts...plus minus around RM15k put on table to get it tuned up....

with that amt...better get k3vet ....more then the power u need to run kelisa...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Although the maintenance fee of super charger may less then turbo charger, and the power output is more gentle. Consider for daily use, it is not worth it.

After install the supercharger, the low end torque may be worst then before, because supercharger need the engine speed to drive them, when the engine speed haven't reach the speed for the supercharge to generate enough boost pressure, the power is hard to be produce.

are you completely sure of that? it's a complete opposite of the story? :stupid:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
k3vet in kelisa if u add wings, i reckon can fly up Genting!
i belive i can fly

QUOTE]

This look like powerzone extractor nia... Im using this ok la good so far...
taikor....u sue this extractor ah? aiseh..that y i cannot chase u lar

are you completely sure of that? it's a complete opposite of the story? :stupid:
i think supercharge is for lower rpm where TUrbo is for high rpm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dudes, I need to know where to buy 3 or 4 point harnesses. I've checked Rosedi Motosports and you have to order and wait 6 weeks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience